| | 06-18-2009, 07:17 PM Thread Author #1
New App: Storm Lander - Lunar Lander type game
Was requested by my friend a little while ago, and I finally got around to writing it. The idea behind the game is much like that of Lunar Lander, and old DOS game from when I was a kid.
The game contains the following features:
- Rolling acceleration (holding down controls)
- Vibration Controls
- Free play mode (randomly select and generate levels)
- Level play mode (10 increasingly difficult levels)
- Levels are made up of planets from our solar system, except the last three, Haley's Comet, An Imperial Star Destroyer, and Earth -Meteor Shower
- Variable terrains that are all randomly generated (for each level)
- Variable gravitational forces per each planet
- Advanced & Beginner game modes
- Additional overspeed effects when your decent is too fast
- Crash landing effects
- As levels progress, the landing zones get smaller
- and a couple other neat items you are just going to have to experience yourself.
A quote from my friend, "This game is easy to learn, different every time you pick it up, and always hard to put down."
I am pricing the app at 1.99
Storm Lander - Games Blackberry Software
My BB friendly site is hosting the trial. The trial lets you play the first level as many times as you want, but is nowhere near as hard as the later levels in the game.
RoboConn.com - Robert Timm's BlackBerry Strom OTA Site
Most of the screen shots are of level 1, but each level actually has a different terrain color and terrain type.