StockIcons is an application that lets you manage your stock watch list and have all the stocks displayed on the HomeScreen just like a normal BlackBerry application.

Each stock can have a different font, color and background color. The stock price and price change is shown on the actual application icon. This lets you easily browse all the stocks at the current price. (note: prices are delayed)

You can set up StockIcons to automatically update your watch list during the day and all the stock icons will change as price changes. Optionally you can manually select the StockUpdate application to update all the icons on the HomeScreen.

You can also set up a target price alert. When a stock hits a target price you can set the BlackBerry to vibrate.

For detail on the stock all you do is select the stock icon and run it on the homescreen.

Supports BlackBerry OS4.2 and higher

To install trial version or purchase StockIcons - Business & Finance BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    12-07-09 11:19 AM
    Very cool app. Love the flexibility
    12-07-09 11:54 AM
    Nice app. Puts a lot of info on the screen of your device. Storm users be sure to disable compatibility mode after install, application then runs real smooth.
    12-07-09 01:08 PM
    How often does this application update the stocks and is there a delay in quotes?

I tried it but the icon never updated automatically, unless i forced the update.

Thanks.
    12-08-09 10:20 AM
    How often does this application update the stocks and is there a delay in quotes?

I tried it but the icon never updated automatically, unless i forced the update.

Thanks.
    you can set in the prefs to update every 10 seconds to 3 mins.

there is a 15min delay.
    12-08-09 12:13 PM
    I am still having a problem with the icons updating themselves. It seems they will only update after i go into the StockIcons icon and view the list of stock there. When i exit out of StockIcons is when the Icons will update. They will stay that way until i go back into the StockIcons program.

I have the Update Icons set at 30 seconds and the Update stocks set at 10 seconds.

Is this a limitation of the trial or am i doing something wrong?

Thanks.
    12-08-09 01:14 PM
    I am still having a problem with the icons updating themselves. It seems they will only update after i go into the StockIcons icon and view the list of stock there. When i exit out of StockIcons is when the Icons will update. They will stay that way until i go back into the StockIcons program.

I have the Update Icons set at 30 seconds and the Update stocks set at 10 seconds.

Is this a limitation of the trial or am i doing something wrong?

Thanks.
    did you set all permissions for StockIcons in the application app?
    12-08-09 02:13 PM
    did you set all permissions for StockIcons in the application app?
    Just changed the one that was not set to allow. Still no difference.
    12-08-09 02:43 PM
    nice app
    thnx for this one
    12-08-09 05:53 PM
    here is the beta v1.0.4

1 install ota http://www.toysoft.ca/test/StockIcons.jad

2 do a reset on the device

3 set all permissions to allow in the options->application app

4 run stockicon and goto the prefs and double check the settings.
    i have removed 30 seconds in the auto update because the mimium time is actually every 1 min.

If you run the updateStock app it should work too.
    01-20-10 11:58 AM
    Smiley

I sent some PMs with ideas. Any thoughts?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-10 11:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD