UPDATE 2/26/09: v1.05 for the Storm adds the much anticipated and requested feature of a real button that can be pressed down! Its the most realistic version yet! This version only for storm, but bold/pearl/curve version will be coming soon.

UPDATE 2/25/09: Bold/Curve/Pearl/WE version now available! thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/sta...ersion-168827/ download from Mike240se BB Apps

UPDATE 2/22/09: v1.03 fixes the last of the bugs. the landscape bug has been fixed, the screen now looks in portrait mode. I also was able to reduce the size of the app by more than half to around 100k!

UPDATE 2/18/09: v1.02 now works with all versions of the storm including .75/.76! Thanks to dev phrenck for helping with the code for the workaround!

Yeah thats right, its finally here. The ultimate useless fun only app made of the MOST useless fun only gadget! A perfect match made in Storm heaven.

Its Staples Easy Button v1.05 for the BB Storm!

Instructions:

1. Click the Easy Button
    2. Your Stress Is Released
    3. Repeat if Needed.

OTA v1.05: http://www.pcsnj.net/bb/easycurrent/EasyButton.jad

I have a new blog for my apps, so the downloads can be found in one place and also updates its: Mike240se BB Apps

Everyone loves the easy button, i dont know what it is, i find myself unable to stop playing with it at customers offices.

As i said with my last app, this app is of course free, if you want to donate, then thats great, i am putting all donations received on all my current apps to go towards buying the rim signing keys to make better apps. the link is:

I have had an amazing 10,000+ installations of my app! I cant believe it! Thanks so much! I have had only 7 donations, thanks to those donators! But please if you like my apps, please donate, they are all free, please support my apps by donating. Thanks!
    Last edited by mike240se; 03-02-09 at 10:29 PM. Reason: v1.05!
    02-18-09 03:35 AM
    Why is it I cant get any sounds from this app? Also the lightsaber apps (both of them) and the tazer app I couldnt get any sounds from.
    02-18-09 03:43 AM
    was the supposed to have sound?
    02-18-09 03:50 AM
    there is an issue with apps playing sound in .75/.76, .103 should have sound.

crap dont tell me another bug, hold on.

EDIT:

ok i uploaded 1.01, it should fix the sound bug. it may play in .76/.75 too.

this is why i released it late, so i can weed out the bugs before the rush
    Last edited by mike240se; 02-18-09 at 03:58 AM.
    02-18-09 03:53 AM
    there is an issue with apps playing sound in .75/.76, .103 should have sound.

crap dont tell me another bug, hold on.

EDIT:

ok i uploaded 1.01, it should fix the sound bug. it may play in .76/.75 too.

this is why i released it late, so i can weed out the bugs before the rush
    Ehh, what I realized is you can test your apps 1000 times before you release it and it wont matter. Right when you release it you will find a bug lol.
    02-18-09 04:04 AM
    Ehh, what I realized is you can test your apps 1000 times before you release it and it wont matter. Right when you release it you will find a bug lol.
    i am notcing that.

for some weird reason if i forget to change the class in my audio routine, it works on my phone and in the sim but not on other peoples, so weird.
    02-18-09 04:13 AM
    Well 1.01 didn't work either. This time I heard a click from the speaker and that was it. Same thing happened with other apps and Nukem. Guess I'll have to wait til the rumored March release of the Telus OS upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-09 04:19 AM
    Well 1.01 didn't work either. This time I heard a click from the speaker and that was it. Same thing happened with other apps and Nukem. Guess I'll have to wait til the rumored March release of the Telus OS upgrade.

ah if you have that problem with other apps i am betting you are one of the unlucky ones with the .75/.76 audio issue.

there is a fix i am going to try, maybe u can test it for me?
    02-18-09 04:23 AM
    Very neat idea. I have .75, and as others reported it doesn't play any sound. I hear the click from my speaker but nothing else. I did plug in headphones (which is what I heard about the lightsaber app to get sound), and it worked but it was extremely quiet.

Also, when I was holding it I leaned slightly and noticed that the background tiles when in landscape mode and looks kinda goofy. Love the app, can't wait for a solid version
    02-18-09 04:29 AM
    Very neat idea. I have .75, and as others reported it doesn't play any sound. I hear the click from my speaker but nothing else. I did plug in headphones (which is what I heard about the lightsaber app to get sound), and it worked but it was extremely quiet.

Also, when I was holding it I leaned slightly and noticed that the background tiles when in landscape mode and looks kinda goofy. Love the app, can't wait for a solid version

thanks, i am working on a fix for .75, as you noticed, the headphones is the workaround, but i think there is a code fix i got from another dev, i am testing now.

the tiled in landscape is because i dont have the signed keys from rim yet which will allow me to lock the screen. (yeah i dont know why thats protected but it is). as soon as i get the keys from rim i will fix the app so it doesnt go into landscape.
    02-18-09 04:43 AM
    Sure I will test for you. Do you want to PM me the JAD or post it here?

02-18-09 04:47 AM
    Sure I will test for you. Do you want to PM me the JAD or post it here?

I will pm you but i am having issue with the work around code, it may have to wait till later, i gotta sleep its 6am here lol

for everyone else, it should work for all other versions and with some .75 phones. please let me know.
    02-18-09 05:05 AM
    Lol awesome

02-18-09 05:12 AM
    This is great! Now I don't have to carry my easy button around with me at work any more. Great job!
    02-18-09 05:23 AM
    This is great! Now I don't have to carry my easy button around with me at work any more. Great job!
    LOL Glad i could help!
    02-18-09 05:26 AM
    Works and looks great, although in landscape it shows 1 1/2 easy buttons. I always meant to purchase one of these and now I don't have to. Thanks.
    02-18-09 07:07 AM
    I'm on .75...no sound here. Can't wait to see a work around version that works with .75!

02-18-09 09:54 AM
    I'm on .75...no sound here. Can't wait to see a work around version that works with .75!

I am still working on the work aorund, i have the code, but it just wont cooperate. i am hoping to figure it out though today.

the issue of the 1 1/2 easy buttons in landscape will be fixed as soon as rim sends me my signing keys, i ordered them yesterday so i should have them very soon.
    02-18-09 11:56 AM
    This thing is hilarious. iv shown it to all my coworkers.
    02-18-09 12:24 PM
    great app... now can we get a popcorn or beer app
    02-18-09 12:27 PM
    Ok .75/.76 users, 1.02 now supports you! link updated in first post!
    02-18-09 02:26 PM
    Can't wait to see the look on peoples face when they hear "That was easy". Lol.
    02-18-09 02:26 PM
    I love this! I was JUST thinking yesterday that someone should make this app and what do you know? the next day . SOMEONE DID!

Thanks!
    02-18-09 02:29 PM
    Hey Mike, that did it. I now can drive my wife nuts with this. Can you PM the work-around. Thanks.
    02-18-09 03:52 PM
    Awesome Im so relaxed now!
    02-18-09 05:04 PM
129 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD