"Show Me" has finally been released. Thanks to everyone for testing this out. If you were a part of the beta test, please contact me. Thanks!!! I will keep improving it!

What is it?

By default, BlackBerry devices are set to defer image downloads in e-mail messages until the user goes to the menu and clicks "Get Images". What if you wanted more control?

Show Me The Images automatically downloads images in your e-mails without you needing to hit that "Get Images" menu item. You could set it not to download automatically, download based on a safe list of e-mail addresses (default) or download no matter who the contact is.

Once installed, a convenient menu item is added to your address book and messages application (when you open an e-mail) that allow you to add and remove contacts easily. An entry is also added to your BlackBerry Options screen to control the entire application.

Go from left to right (below) automatically (this was an e-mail on one of my devices!):

Add your family members, colleagues your critical eBay e-mails, weekly flyer and more!

* INSTRUCTIONS *

- To add an item to your safe list, when in an e-mail, click "Show me the images" in the menu.

- You can also do the same from your address book.

- To edit your safe list or turn it off, see "Show Me The Images" in your BlackBerry Options Screen or the home screen icon.

** READ **

AS ALWAYS, UPDATES TO THIS APPLICATION ARE FREE. Features will be added (based on your feedback) at no cost to you. If you have an issue, please contact Technical Support.

Show Me The Images - Take control the images in your inbox!

App World link coming soon!

If you have any questions, issues, feedback, suggestions, etc. please post them on this thread. I am here to help.
    Last edited by jcqns; 03-09-10 at 12:17 PM.
    03-09-10 08:53 AM
    No trial for users?
    03-09-10 12:09 PM
    Not at the moment. I'm considering when and how for the next update. But it's well worth it as its a very straightforward app that I plan on enhancing based on user feedback. If you don't like how it does certain things, let me know and I'll consider how I could improve it.
    03-09-10 12:14 PM
    Just picked this up , I'm so happy someone finally made one.

Just one thought, I was thinking about how much more data I might end up using. Seeing how I don't have an unlimited plan. Maybe a new feature could be, being able to set a max limit on how much data could be downloaded for a email.
    IE. making it not go past 3megs or something. Sometimes my buddies send me huge emails, makes me wonder how much more data I might end up using a month with this app installed.

Thanks,
    Mike
    03-09-10 02:26 PM
    Just picked this up , I'm so happy someone finally made one.

Just one thought, I was thinking about how much more data I might end up using. Seeing how I don't have an unlimited plan. Maybe a new feature could be, being able to set a max limit on how much data could be downloaded for a email.
    IE. making it not go past 3megs or something. Sometimes my buddies send me huge emails, makes me wonder how much more data I might end up using a month with this app installed.

Thanks,
    Mike
    I thought about the users with limited data plans and I will investigate how I could go about setting a max limit. For now, I don't see a way to get the data that was downloaded as a result.

I'll keep everyone posted.
    03-09-10 02:28 PM
    I thought about the users with limited data plans and I will investigate how I could go about setting a max limit. For now, I don't see a way to get the data that was downloaded as a result.

I'll keep everyone posted.
    Keep it is a Persistent RuntimeStore (just take the previous one and add that to the one currently downloading). That will keep a total count, and once it hits 3megs for example, wipe it and on the users next selected date due bill (When their megs restart) restart it..

Just an idea
    03-09-10 02:35 PM
    Sounds simple enough but I have to be able to get the size of the images in the e-mail. Easier with attachments but the images in most of the e-mails "Show Me" works for are linked to websites.
    03-09-10 02:39 PM
    does what it says it does. I love apps that work, for some reason I felt left out of true html before this......LOVING IT!
    03-20-10 10:00 AM
    What about attachments? Does it open attachments automatically?
    03-20-10 12:59 PM
    You're the man! I love it when developers come up with their own cool ideas for new Apps - Good job!
    03-20-10 01:06 PM
    Is there a lag between opening the email and downloading the images? Does it format emails any other ways such as font or background? Maybe you could post a youtube video? Do you know how this compares to BBSmart?

Thanks.
    03-20-10 01:31 PM
    Just ordered, now I'm just waiting on the link.
    03-20-10 02:05 PM
    have a 8900, 4.6 OS, dont really know what happened but my bb kept freezing with this app. or i would get windows such as uncaught exception, error? i dont know if it messed with a third party app but this did not play nice with my phone. It also messed with service books? or icons just vanished, i deleted, reset phone and still got the problems, re sent service books 3 times and re set device a total of 3 times and it was finally back working properly...i like the idea of this but it just didnt work for my phone..i do not like just throwing away my cash, it wasnt alot but you get my drift
    03-20-10 06:59 PM
    have a 8900, 4.6 OS, dont really know what happened but my bb kept freezing with this app. or i would get windows such as uncaught exception, error? i dont know if it messed with a third party app but this did not play nice with my phone. It also messed with service books? or icons just vanished, i deleted, reset phone and still got the problems, re sent service books 3 times and re set device a total of 3 times and it was finally back working properly...i like the idea of this but it just didnt work for my phone..i do not like just throwing away my cash, it wasnt alot but you get my drift
    If you had an issue with it, I have no problem giving you a refund. Send me a PM with your order number and I'll take care of it ASAP.

I'll also look into the issue for you to see why you're having the problem. This the first I've heard of that problem so I'm curious.

Sorry and thanks.
    03-21-10 04:53 PM
    Just ordered, now I'm just waiting on the link.
    Did you ever receive your link?
    03-21-10 05:10 PM
    You're the man! I love it when developers come up with their own cool ideas for new Apps - Good job!
    I sent you a PM. Thanks.
    03-21-10 05:11 PM
    Did you ever receive your link?
    I did. I guess crackberry wanted to test my nerves.

I can't believe this isn't a standard part of the code for the BlackBerry. This is such a nice program
    03-21-10 08:28 PM
    I did. I guess crackberry wanted to test my nerves.

I can't believe this isn't a standard part of the code for the BlackBerry. This is such a nice program
    I agree. They made it better between 4.7 and 5.0 but this one piece was missing.

There is an update coming soon (mid-week hopefully) that introduces picture attachment downloads (good for photographers, graphic artists, etc) but for now that will only be on devices with 5.0.

There's a more extensive discussion over in the Storm2 forums for anyone wondering about development on the application.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/ne...r-inbox-434725

Sorry to cross-post.
    03-21-10 08:32 PM
    Great app!Will be looking forward to update for picture attachments.
    03-22-10 01:48 PM
    Great app!Will be looking forward to update for picture attachments.
    The update with picture attachments will be released later this evening.

Stay tuned.
    03-23-10 08:27 AM
    can this be made for 4.5 OS?
    i'd pay for it,
    03-23-10 08:09 PM
    can this be made for 4.5 OS?
    The reason it wasn't made for 4.5 was because I had no testers and the behavior for 4.5 with HTML is a little weird.

But if you'd like to help test, I can make an attempt to see how well it'll work with it.
    03-23-10 08:10 PM
    I just upgraded to v1.1 using 9630/5.0.0.530. It run as advertised, but could you please add an option just to open the attachment and not download it to my SD?

Mostly I only need to view my attachments and don't need to download them to my SD. It will be great if you could add this feature.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-10 09:39 PM
    I just upgraded to v1.1 using 9630/5.0.0.530. It run as advertised, but could you please add an option just to open the attachment and not download it to my SD?

Mostly I only need to view my attachments and don't need to download them to my SD. It will be great if you could add this feature.

So you want it to just download so you can have it ready to open but not store it on your SD card?

Sounds like an option can be added for that but I will have to test it out. For anyone that has an OS less than 5.0, please contact me via PM or technical support.

I have to switch you over to the 4.7 version of the product since your phone does not support download of attachments at this time.

Thanks! Don't forget to rate in the store.
    03-23-10 09:46 PM
    So you want it to just download so you can have it ready to open but not store it on your SD card?

Sounds like an option can be added for that but I will have to test it out. For anyone that has an OS less than 5.0, please contact me via PM or technical support.

I have to switch you over to the 4.7 version of the product since your phone does not support download of attachments at this time.

Thanks! Don't forget to rate in the store.
    Yup you got me right. I just need the ability to directly see the attchment without having to download them to my sd (view option when I click the attachment)

03-24-10 11:06 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD