Hi All,

Here at BBSmart we’re proud to announce the release of BBSmart Alarms Pro, a visually awesome (if I do say so myself) and feature packed multi-alarm application for the BlackBerry!

Using the native BlackBerry alarm application it is only possible to set one alarm and it’s also pretty restrictive in many other ways, so we felt there was a need for some software which doesn’t cost you an arm and a leg, is reliable, and works on all the most recent BlackBerry models.

We also wanted to make the application fun and easy to use, while at the same time not look like it was made in the 50’s (there is a lot of BlackBerry software out there that is guilty of this!). So we designed it to be super simple to get in, set an alarm, and get out as fast as possible. Visually, everything is big and bright so when you wake up bleary-eyed in the morning to stop the alarm you’re not squinting to make out the details on the screen!

We really hope you like it! Please visit the information page if you would like to learn more about it. You can also download a free trial and purchase the application right here from the CrackBerry store!

As always, we’d love to hear your feedback! If you have any questions not covered on our website or in the user manual, please don’t hesitate to contact our friendly support team! Or, simply post away here and I’ll be around to reply

Thanks for your support!

Cheers,
    Neil
    CEO, BBSmart.
    04-23-08 07:09 AM
    Looks cool
    04-23-08 07:11 AM
    Rather impressive...
    04-23-08 07:19 AM
    I will definitely look into this one. Looks great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-08 07:29 AM
    Trying this one! Anyone try it yet?
    04-23-08 07:37 AM
    CrackBerry Blog Post is up!!

New Application from BBSmart -Alarms Pro!
    04-23-08 07:46 AM
    Thanks for your support guys & gals! This is just one of the many cools apps we've been working on and they're all going to be released over the coming month or so (wished we could have done this sooner but we've been busy with lots of boring enterprisey work *yuck!* )
    04-23-08 08:33 AM
    This is cool
    04-23-08 09:00 AM
    Wow, This alarm is fantastic!!!!!!!!! I love it.
    04-23-08 09:18 AM
    I think I will get it. I love the one that says "power nap". Everyone needs one of those every once in a while!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-08 09:32 AM
    Nice appl, but priced too high. If $5, I would buy it.
    04-23-08 09:46 AM
    Nice appl, but priced too high. If $5, I would buy it.
    Same here....
    04-23-08 11:02 AM
    Price seems reasonable to me when you compare it to other similar apps.
    04-23-08 11:18 AM
    when i try to download the free trial i send it to my phone via sms text & via email, & it says its for the alarm but when i download it it was the BBSmart Email Smartviewer??
    04-23-08 11:24 AM
    Man, you never fail to impress!

I will be picking this up in the next few days. Hows that BBSmart update coming? Looking forward to that as well!!
    04-23-08 11:25 AM
    Very nice looking. Hope the icon looks good too. =)
    04-23-08 11:40 AM
    when i try to download the free trial i send it to my phone via sms text & via email, & it says its for the alarm but when i download it it was the BBSmart Email Smartviewer??
    Hi LessThan3myBB,

Yeah, looks like there is some caching issue going on...I think it's going to disappear on its own shortly but until it does, when you visit the OTA site in your BlackBerry Browser first select "Refresh" from the menu and that should fix it up.

Sorry for the confusion!
    04-23-08 11:48 AM

I have the same problem. The download says alarm pro but the actual download is for the viewer which I already have. Any suggestions?
    04-23-08 11:49 AM
    Hi LessThan3myBB,

Yeah, looks like there is some caching issue going on...I think it's going to disappear on its own shortly but until it does, when you visit the OTA site in your BlackBerry Browser first select "Refresh" from the menu and that should fix it up.

Sorry for the confusion!
    Thank you for the info!
    04-23-08 12:41 PM
    I downloaded the free trial but the program doesn't show up on the screen. It is listed as "smartview" in the applications list but I can't access the program.
    04-23-08 03:12 PM
    I have downloaded this app and it works OK but NO SOUND. I get this error message: �Uncaught exception java.lang.IllegalTh readStateException�
    any clues as how to fix this?? I would love if this program worked.
    04-23-08 03:48 PM
    I have downloaded this app and it works OK but NO SOUND. I get this error message: �Uncaught exception java.lang.IllegalTh readStateException�
    any clues as how to fix this?? I would love if this program worked.
    While I didn't get the error message, I don't get any sound either. I tried doing a soft reset but still no sound.

Also, assuming the sound issue can be corrected, one thing I am DESPERATELY looking for is an app that I can use while my Pearl is in my charging stand that will display the time continuously along with the alarm to replace my alarm clock. Do you think this might (or even could be!) added in the future?
    04-23-08 04:55 PM
    I have resolved the sound issue. I had to set one of the "things" in the exceptions file, I think to allow this app to run. Works GREAT now! Keep up the good work!!!
    04-23-08 05:01 PM
    Umm.... What "things" in what exceptions file??
    04-23-08 05:10 PM
    I down loaded trial Alarm Pro and got a sucessful down load message. But no icon. Where do I find the down load?
    04-23-08 05:28 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD