Hey guys, i just released a new app called Memory Eye. Its a tiny app that runs in the background, monitors your free memory and if it drops below a point you set, it alerts you and gives you the option to reset your device (like a battery pull) or be alerted when it drops more.

The app was made small to not waste memory, some people care about their free memory and dont want it to get too low, the phone can delete old calendar entries, call logs, sms and emails if memory gets too low so now you can be alerted. Many apps have memory leaks, now you can catch them and be aware of them right away.

Plus you can go into the options and reboot your phone at any time (hard reboot like a battery pull, not just a simple on and off) by pressing the reset device button.

The pearl doesnt have a huge amount of memory to begin with, thats why this app was made so small at 10-12k in size and runs in a tiny footprint. Its been tested to not use any extra memory or battery life during use.

best of all it has a free trial!

check it out here:

Memory Eye - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store

Thanks Mike.

PS. be on the look out for a special free app from me this week! Purchasers can email me for a sneak preview if it hasnt been released when you buy.
    04-06-09 07:30 AM
    I tried to download the free trial, I get the link and it appears to download 1.0.9 successfully, but then nothing.. Its not on my home screen, not in settings, I can't find the app anywhere. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by hls811; 04-06-09 at 09:14 AM.
    04-06-09 09:02 AM
    I don't think that there is an icon on your phone. But if you go to Options, Advanced Options, Applications you will see the App there.

Question: I downloaded the free trial as I saw the the program costs $2.99 on the software website and you mentioned that the App is free. Will the Free trial expire? If so, how long after installation?

Thanks.
    04-06-09 11:44 AM
    I don't think that there is an icon on your phone. But if you go to Options, Advanced Options, Applications you will see the App there.

Question: I downloaded the free trial as I saw the the program costs $2.99 on the software website and you mentioned that the App is free. Will the Free trial expire? If so, how long after installation?

Thanks.
    I see it there under Advanced Options/Applications, but how do you get to it to change the settings? I can only delete from there. Isn't it supposed to be under the main BB Options list?
    Last edited by hls811; 04-06-09 at 02:58 PM.
    04-06-09 12:09 PM
    sorry guys, i didnt sign the 4.3 version when i uploaded it to mobihand! duh! you can re-download it, install it over the old version and it will work now.
    04-06-09 04:15 PM
    wether eye is great
    04-06-09 05:48 PM
    Thanks Mike!! i LOVE this app! I've been looking for something to do re-starts; QuickPull never seemed to work for me but this does. I'm one of those guys that constantly checks my available memory, so its great to have this little app do the work for me.

You've done great job with it, very small and does the trick.

So far the best $2.99 I've spend on my Pearl!
    04-06-09 06:56 PM
    YEah i agree, i helped test this new version for mike and i love it. Quickpull never once worked for me and this app does perfectly.

Plus its so tiny, i think around 10k, so your not wasting memory while monitoring it. the pearl doesnt have much memory to begin with so i think this app is a MUST HAVE for the pearl.

grab the free trial if you dont believe me.

and plus support mike240 because he gives us awesome free apps like the TWSS app and the easy button app. we gotta support dev's who give us free apps, to keep them giving us free stuff. too many devs give nothing for free these days.
    04-06-09 07:57 PM
    Thanks Mike!! i LOVE this app! I've been looking for something to do re-starts; QuickPull never seemed to work for me but this does. I'm one of those guys that constantly checks my available memory, so its great to have this little app do the work for me.

You've done great job with it, very small and does the trick.

So far the best $2.99 I've spend on my Pearl!

Thanks and your welcome!

I know how you feel, quickpull never once worked for me on my storm, so i made sure memory eye worked where it didnt!
    04-08-09 05:05 AM
    I tried to download the free trial, I get the link and it appears to download 1.0.9 successfully, but then nothing.. Its not on my home screen, not in settings, I can't find the app anywhere. Any suggestions?
    I had the same problem when I downloaded the trial version twice this morning.
    04-08-09 02:06 PM
    I had the same problem when I downloaded the trial version twice this morning.
    Did you look under options/settings? it doesnt have an icon, its in the bb options menu where your regular settings are.

PS. i did forget to sign the pearl/curve version at one point for a few hours, redownload if you dont find it under options.
    04-09-09 06:03 AM
    Not working on my pearl, well the reset isn't, but I'm hopeful for solutions! I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, thanks mike for emailing me back so quickly, nice to know you're ready to help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 09:28 PM
    Totally working on my pearl now! Love it, love it, love it!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 02:26 AM
    I downloaded memory eye and it asks for a registration key wher do I get that I had the same problem with another APp
    05-26-09 12:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD