CellAvant has a new app in Beta called MailMinder and would really appreciate beta testing feedback! In exchange for your feedback, we will provide you a free copy of MailMinder when it ships. MailMinder allows you to set incoming email rules based on sender or subject to automatically:
    • Refrain from blinking the indicator light
    • Mark the email as read
    • Delete the email, or
    • Alert you when the email arrives

You can use MailMinder as a junk mail filter and to prevent unnecessary new message indicators, and also to notify you when you receive an important email!

To be a beta tester, please go to: CellAvant MailMinder

You can access Online Help from inside the application, or from any web browser at: MailMinder� - FAQ

Thank you!

NOTE TO STORM USERS: If a keyboard is always visible when you are trying to use this application, please make sure Compatibility Mode is disabled (Options->Advanced Options->Applications, highlight MailMinder, press Menu button and select Disable Compatibility Mode).
    11-18-09 05:43 PM
    sweet i would love this app, i will test it. thanks i have a 8320 curve os 4.5
    Last edited by sushistew; 11-18-09 at 07:17 PM.
    11-18-09 06:41 PM
    Curve 8330 OS 4.5.0.138
    Signing up now.
    11-18-09 08:14 PM
    Since the last two posters mentioned OS versions, and the description doesn't say, please note that OS 4.2.1 and later devices are supported, and while there is not currently a Storm specific build for beta test, it runs fine on the Storm with OS 4.7 or 5.0. [ And there will be a custom Storm build when we go into production, if not before. ]
    11-18-09 08:28 PM
    CellAvant has a new app in Beta called MailMinder and would really appreciate beta testing feedback! In exchange for your feedback, we will provide you a free copy of MailMinder when it ships. MailMinder allows you to set incoming email rules based on sender or subject to automatically:
    • Refrain from blinking the indicator light
    • Mark the email as read
    • Delete the email, or
    • Alert you when the email arrives

You can use MailMinder as a junk mail filter and to prevent unnecessary new message indicators, and also to notify you when you receive an important email!

To be a beta tester, please go to: CellAvant MailMinder

You can access Online Help from inside the application, or from any web browser at: MailMinder™ - FAQ

Thank you!

NOTE TO STORM USERS: If a keyboard is always visible when you are trying to use this application, please make sure Compatibility Mode is disabled (Options->Advanced Options->Applications, highlight MailMinder, press Menu button and select Disable Compatibility Mode).
    Thanks for the beta... Does this/can this work with SMS? One of my friends is a pain in the **** sometimes and will send sms messages to me that just say spam. I don't want to block him, just messages from him that contain the word spam. He really likes exercising the unlimitedness of his unlimited texting.
    11-18-09 09:17 PM
    great to hear thanks
    11-18-09 11:14 PM
    Thanks for the beta... Does this/can this work with SMS? One of my friends is a pain in the **** sometimes and will send sms messages to me that just say spam. I don't want to block him, just messages from him that contain the word spam. He really likes exercising the unlimitedness of his unlimited texting.
    No SMS support yet, but we'll put it on the list.
    11-19-09 09:21 AM
    Excellent. SMS support would be amazing. Could you PM me when that update becomes available?
    11-19-09 05:36 PM
    Excellent. SMS support would be amazing. Could you PM me when that update becomes available?
    I've added a note to that effect in the enhancement request. No promise on timing though, gotta see what the overall consensus for new features looks like.
    11-19-09 05:55 PM
    Sounds like a interesting and useful program..
    Just signed up and will be downloading it...
    But I have to agree with the other poster,
    SMS support would also be good to have.
    Thanks
    11-19-09 06:16 PM
    OK just installed the program and installed with no problems.
    What would be good, in the Alert Preferences if
    you can set what sound to use.
    And maybe a test/try button at the bottom to
    check/test your settings.
    11-19-09 06:34 PM
    Seems useful. I get about 20 emails in the middle of the night I don't need. Spam. Lol. Just sent my email to get instructions. I'm running a pearl 8100 with 4.5.0.175 OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 10:16 PM
    I just installed this so far so good I will let you know how its working thanks running 8330

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-09 12:46 AM
    Downloading now...

This app is long coming...

Should be a default feature of the BB OS...
    11-20-09 07:24 AM
    Splendid app.
    This will put the Enhanced Gmail plugin out of business hehe....this is just sooo much easier than having another seperate app to have filter functions that ONLY work with one account type (Gmail).

Consider me registered for the beta please.

Dm
    11-20-09 09:58 AM
    Installed and using on a Bold 9700 OS 5.0
    11-20-09 12:22 PM
    Any updates on this program?
    11-30-09 09:59 AM
    Any updates on this program?
    We've made a number of tweaks based on beta feedback and the 1.0 version will be available soon.
    11-30-09 11:19 AM
    We've made a number of tweaks based on beta feedback and the 1.0 version will be available soon.
    Wow that sounds great... Can't wait to try 1.0 out!
    11-30-09 11:53 AM
    I've already sent in my feedback. I can't wait for version 1.0!
    It's so nice to not have all the spam when I wake up.
    12-03-09 12:37 AM
    As a teaser, here's what the new rule list screen looks like on my storm.

You can delete rules (as before), edit the match text and action, apply filters to help reduce the clutter, and the list is ordered by usage date (most recent to never used.)
    12-04-09 02:53 PM
    Nice... Will it look like that on all BBs?
    Also any idea when it will be ready for us to try it out?
    12-04-09 03:01 PM
    Nice... Will it look like that on all BBs?
    Also any idea when it will be ready for us to try it out?
    The same on all devices.

We hope to have the production version up in the next few days. Our other new app, RingScheduler, is now live and MailMinder is following close behind.
    12-06-09 11:12 AM
    The same on all devices.

We hope to have the production version up in the next few days. Our other new app, RingScheduler, is now live and MailMinder is following close behind.
    Thanks,
    Sounds good, will check out RingScheduler and
    will be waiting to hear about MailMinder (which has come in very
    handy for me).
    12-06-09 11:47 AM
    Just went to your website (BlackBerry� Application Developer, BlackBerry Alliance Member™ Developer) and
    couldn't find RingScheduler on it. Did I miss it somewhere?
    12-06-09 11:57 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD