CellAvant has a major update to MailMinder - MailMinder 2.0 - in Beta and would really appreciate beta testing feedback! In exchange for your feedback, we will provide you a free copy of MailMinder 2.0 when it ships. Current MailMinder users, we would love your feedback too!!

MailMinder is perfect to use as a spam/junk email filter, and/or to prevent unnecessary new message indicators, and/or to alert you when you receive an important email!

MailMinder 2.0 allows you to set rules that are automatically applied to all of your incoming email messages. You can base rules on the following criteria:

• Full Email address of the sender
    • All or part of the subject of the email message
    • Messages with no subject (NEW in 2.0!)
    • Domain (or partial domain) of the sender (NEW in 2.0!)
    • All or part of the sender name or email address (NEW in 2.0!)
    • Messages from anyone in your address book (NEW in 2.0!)
    • Messages from anyone who is NOT in your address book (NEW in 2.0!)

When new messages arrive, the rules you set can automatically do one or more of the following whenever you receive a matching email:

• Refrain from blinking the indicator light on the phone
    • Mark the email as read
    • Delete the email
    • Alert you that an email received (now using configurable BlackBerry notifications, NEW in 2.0!)
    • Blink the indicator light with one of a variety of colors (NEW in 2.0!)
    • Forward the email message to another address (NEW in 2.0!)
    • Change the priority of the email message in your Inbox (NEW in 2.0!)

For a full feature description and for Frequently Asked Questions, go to: MailMinder� 2.0 Enhanced Email Management for BlackBerry�

To be a beta tester, please go to: CellAvant MailMinder

Thank you!
    04-23-10 02:27 PM
    I have version 1.0.9 on my BB.
    Do I need to delete it first and do
    a clean install of 2.0?
    04-23-10 06:26 PM
    i tested the first one, and would love to test for ya again.
    8320 4.5 OS
    [email protected]

thanks for the link

can't wait to send in my first feedback
    04-23-10 08:29 PM
    I would be glad to help.
    04-24-10 12:54 AM
    i tested the first one, and would love to test for ya again.
    8320 4.5 OS
    [email protected]

thanks for the link

can't wait to send in my first feedback
    +1. I love the first one and still use it. I would be happy to help. I'm on the Storm 2 9550 OS 607/643 Hybrid.
    04-24-10 06:56 AM
    Just installed on my ATT 9700 running .405. Set up a couple rules so far and seems to be working correctly. It did apply the rules I set up to messages already in my inbox - I assume this is the intended behavior?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-10 07:02 AM
    CellAvant has a major update to MailMinder - MailMinder 2.0 - in Beta and would really appreciate beta testing feedback! In exchange for your feedback, we will provide you a free copy of MailMinder 2.0 when it ships. Current MailMinder users, we would love your feedback too!!

MailMinder is perfect to use as a spam/junk email filter, and/or to prevent unnecessary new message indicators, and/or to alert you when you receive an important email!

MailMinder 2.0 allows you to set rules that are automatically applied to all of your incoming email messages. You can base rules on the following criteria:

• Full Email address of the sender
    • All or part of the subject of the email message
    • Messages with no subject (NEW in 2.0!)
    • Domain (or partial domain) of the sender (NEW in 2.0!)
    • All or part of the sender name or email address (NEW in 2.0!)
    • Messages from anyone in your address book (NEW in 2.0!)
    • Messages from anyone who is NOT in your address book (NEW in 2.0!)

When new messages arrive, the rules you set can automatically do one or more of the following whenever you receive a matching email:

• Refrain from blinking the indicator light on the phone
    • Mark the email as read
    • Delete the email
    • Alert you that an email received (now using configurable BlackBerry notifications, NEW in 2.0!)
    • Blink the indicator light with one of a variety of colors (NEW in 2.0!)
    • Forward the email message to another address (NEW in 2.0!)
    • Change the priority of the email message in your Inbox (NEW in 2.0!)

For a full feature description and for Frequently Asked Questions, go to: MailMinder� 2.0 Enhanced Email Management for BlackBerry�

To be a beta tester, please go to: CellAvant MailMinder

Thank you!
    thanks for the link. downloading now and will provide some feedback later today. never used this before, but it sounds like something I might like. thanks again
    04-24-10 07:17 AM
    Usually keep all my email notifications turned off to save battery life but this may help with the ones I really want to see as they come in. Looks promising.

04-24-10 07:30 AM
    Would love to test, and provide feedback as this sounds like a app that I would use. I just sent my email, and am waiting for download link.
    04-24-10 08:21 AM
    I have version 1.0.9 on my BB.
    Do I need to delete it first and do
    a clean install of 2.0?
    An upgrade in place _should_ work, but personally I never really feel good about that, and I uninstall an old version before installing the new one. I think this goes back to my Windows days. But it works.
    04-25-10 08:29 PM
    An upgrade in place _should_ work, but personally I never really feel good about that, and I uninstall an old version before installing the new one. I think this goes back to my Windows days. But it works.
    Thanks Mike,
    Going to do a clean install with MailMinder 2.0
    Right after I do the hybrid upgrade.
    04-25-10 08:37 PM
    When trying to make a filter to forward all messages from a domain to an email address, the domain selection is a selection box instead of a fill in the blank. The selection box is however blank and I cannot figure out how to get any domains added to appear in the box.

04-26-10 11:25 AM
    When trying to make a filter to forward all messages from a domain to an email address, the domain selection is a selection box instead of a fill in the blank. The selection box is however blank and I cannot figure out how to get any domains added to appear in the box.

If you use the "Add new rule" menu item, you indeed cannot currently create a new domain rule. We will address that.

For now, you can create a domain based rule from a contact in your address book, or from a message you received in your mail INBOX.

Thanks for testing and providing feedback!
    04-26-10 11:56 AM
    Just installed on my ATT 9700 running .405. Set up a couple rules so far and seems to be working correctly. It did apply the rules I set up to messages already in my inbox - I assume this is the intended behavior?

Yes, when you create a new rule from a message in your inbox, MailMinder will apply the new rule to the message you started with if it meets the criteria you defined.
    04-26-10 12:05 PM
    hello mike, i am receiving about 2000 emails per day. isnt it possible to create a 'color' rule? i want to 'color' mark specific senders when they come into my inbox. any chance to add this feature? thanks
    04-26-10 02:31 PM
    hello mike, i am receiving about 2000 emails per day. isnt it possible to create a 'color' rule? i want to 'color' mark specific senders when they come into my inbox. any chance to add this feature? thanks
    Wow, that is a lot of email!

At present I do not see support in the BlackBerry mail application and/or API to adjust the color for various messages. It certainly can be done, but likely requires a custom mail reading application.

We will add this to our list of enhancement requests, though, in case RIM makes new features available... maybe OS 6 will introduce lots of new capabilities!
    04-26-10 03:05 PM
    Here is the million dollar question I have. When forwarding all emails from my work domain to gmail, if I receive a meeting request, MailMinder and a few other similar programs mistake it to think it is an email. What follows next is chaos. Somehow creates this endless loop. My work email is an exchange server by the way.
    So to summarize I receive a meeting request on my blackberry through the exchange server. Progra. Forwards it on to gmail. Then I keep seeing replys to the request. That's all I see in this end. Everyone else keeps seeing emails that come from me in reply to the meeting request. It keeps going until the forwarding program is stopped. You really have to test this one out for yourself to see what I'm talking about.
    Let me know if I can provide further info or help with this testing part. Some other big software companies couldn't ever fix this problem yet.

Thanks.

04-26-10 03:26 PM
    When I was first trying to create a rule to forward all mail received from a certain domain I had a problem getting the domain in the selection box. The solution does get around this. However I took it as far as I could the first time around and now I have a rule with a blank domain selection box. I cannot delete the rule. If I delete the application and reinstall it is still there. I also cannot change the rule. I receive "failed to update rule".

04-27-10 02:10 AM
    I found out that I can clear the rule and all others my connecting with DM and clearing the database for MailMinder there.

04-27-10 05:16 AM
    I sent my email address off the link and never received the download to test this app

04-27-10 06:59 AM
    does it reset your Profiles? That was a problem of the old version install and changes would reset the BB Profiles I had set.
    04-27-10 07:03 AM
    I found out that I can clear the rule and all others my connecting with DM and clearing the database for MailMinder there.

Definitely sounds like you found a bug, we will address this.
    04-27-10 09:31 AM
    I sent my email address off the link and never received the download to test this app

If you PM me the email address you used, I can get it taken care of.
    04-27-10 09:33 AM
    does it reset your Profiles? That was a problem of the old version install and changes would reset the BB Profiles I had set.
    Can you tell me more about this? The 1.X versions of MailMinder did not interact with your sound profiles in any way, so I'm not sure how or why it would have reset them.

This version adds configurable entries to your profiles for each alert you create, but again it doesn't do anything that should reset any other profiles.
    04-27-10 09:35 AM
    Mail forwarding! I'm looking forward to testing this out. (No pun intended?)

04-27-10 04:43 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD