did you select the area on the screen? you should see the image outline. you then press the menu and select crop.
    do you get entire blackscreen or an outline? what is the jpg quality setting that you have set in imgEdit? set it to 80%
    OMG! That's it! Thank you! I had it set to 100% and I don't know why but when I changed it it worked like magic!
    Thank you very much!
    07-19-10 11:10 AM
    Hi, on my BB 9700 (at&t), 1.0.0 didnt show me the "edit" option in the menu, but 1.0.2 does. Yay!
    07-27-10 10:38 PM
    "email current screen" doesn't work (no dialog box comes up); "email picture" does work.

save screen doesn't work but save picture does.

i put a frame around a picture and save it, but the frame did not appear in the saved file.

great app!!! any way to add a simple caption at the bottom? even a single font, in a single size, in a few colors, would be nice.
    07-27-10 10:52 PM
    "email current screen" doesn't work (no dialog box comes up); "email picture" does work.

save screen doesn't work but save picture does.

i put a frame around a picture and save it, but the frame did not appear in the saved file.

great app!!! any way to add a simple caption at the bottom? even a single font, in a single size, in a few colors, would be nice.
    there are some confusion on the save screen.

If the image is bigger than the screen imgEdit will resize the image to fit the screen. anything that you do to the image on the screen will not affect the original picture unless you apply effects. eg: if you draw an circle imgEdit will only draw to the screen and not the original image.

also if the image is centered anything you draw outside of the image will not be saved eg: if you put text on the white area top or bottom it will not be saved.

we are working on v1.1 with better support for drawing and easier to use.
    07-28-10 01:38 AM
    here is the latest v1.0.4 beta

Install ota http://www.toysoft.ca/bb/imgEdit.jad

set all permissions for imgedit after install

changes
    ---------

- new tool icons and added circle and freehand

- Freehand selection. Use freehand to manually mark the area you want to apply effects. eg: you can use this tool to mark face of the person and then change the color or brightness. freehand is similar as rectangle selection but more flexible eg: doesnt have to be rectangle.

To use freehand on touch screen is simple. open the tools screen select freehand and then touch the area you want to select.

For non touch screens open the tools screen select the freehand and then move the cursor and click on the thumbwheel to select.

when you are done selecting the area, select filter, hsb, rgb or any effects to want to apply

- fixed the drawing tools. drawings are now drawn correctly on the image. draw tools must be drawn into the image and not on the white border

- border has been fixed to draw around the image and not outside of it.

- menu name has been changed to "Open with imgEdit"

- when cropping and saving you might giving a choice to save the screen or image. Screen is basically screen shot and the image is the original image size. when you open the picture it may be bigger than the screen size.

- when opening a picture imgEdit now orientates picture correctly. also if will prompt you to edit the original image or the resized image. the resized image is what you see on the screen and the image is original size.
    08-02-10 04:41 PM
    How come the website for this app says its 4.99 but when I add it to the cart it comes up 5.99? I tried going directly through the CB store and mobihand with the same results.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    08-02-10 09:44 PM
    How come the website for this app says its 4.99 but when I add it to the cart it comes up 5.99? I tried going directly through the CB store and mobihand with the same results.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    Our site hasnt been updated to reflect the price. the price is now back to $4.99 until we change it. the $4.99 promotion price was over last week
    08-02-10 09:52 PM
    Need 9700 testers for the new beta.

If you are a 9700 user please test the Crop and New, Crop and Save features and see if they works.

here is how to crop the image

1 move the red cursor to the place you want to crop
    2 click on the thumbpad
    3 move red cursor right and down to select the area
    4 press the menu key and select Crop and New

here is the latest 1.0.5 beta http://www.toysoft.ca/bb/imgEdit.jad

make sure you set all permissions to allow for imgEdit after install
    08-04-10 10:58 AM
    OK, Smiley88 - I installed 1.0.5 beta on my 9700 (OS 5.0.0.714)

I followed your instructions above for Crop and New and successfully produced and saved a small detail image from a larger one. Crop and Save also worked on another image.

Have any of you CB users tried .5 beta on the 9700?
    08-04-10 12:22 PM
    OK, Smiley88 - I installed 1.0.5 beta on my 9700 (OS 5.0.0.714)

I followed your instructions above for Crop and New and successfully produced and saved a small detail image from a larger one. Crop and Save also worked on another image.

Have any of you CB users tried .5 beta on the 9700?
    Thanks for the info.
    08-04-10 12:29 PM
    Here is the deal with cropping with imgEdit

When you do a selection make sure you select inside the Image or Picture. If you select outside of the image eg: the white space then that is NOT part of the image.

imgEdit saves the image in memory and it works on the raw bitmap data and NOT the screen image. So when you crop make sure you select inside the image.

if you see the image centered on the screen then the top and bottom will have the WHITE spaces. You can not draw on the white spaces have it saved to the image. if you want to save the entire screen then select Screen when you save or email.
    08-04-10 03:12 PM
    ota http://www.toysoft.ca/os5/imgEdit.jad

Set all permissions to allow for imgEdit after install.

changes
    ---------
    - New tools icons
    - added freehand tool for better control of selection. With freehand selection doesnt have to be in rectangle. you can now apply effect on Selection or Background.
    - fixed the crop on non touch screens
    - added circle drawing for touch screens
    - auto rotate if the image is in the wrong orientation when loading it
    - when editing you can edit the original image or the resized image
    - added custom borders. Borders now draw to the image itself instead around the screen

Link imgEdit - Ultimat image editing App. Rotate, Resize, Crop, Effects, Color control and more - Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    08-08-10 02:01 PM
87 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD