Hey guys,

Just announcing the release of my most recent app for the Storm and Storm2. It's essentially a clone of the game "Four-in-a-row", better known as Connect 4.

I have it on sale for $1.49 for the first week of release, so if you have the time and the cash, you should definitely pick it up from the CrackBerry store!

4 Play - Games BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store

Let me know what you think, and I hope you enjoy it!

jlgosse
    11-22-09 11:31 PM
    Why release the same game that two other people already created especially when one is free and has online play?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-09 11:54 PM
    Well, the one that is "free" and has online play is not really free in my opinion. Having to buy credits and what-not is kind of lame. That being said, I'm offering features that the other two are not.

For instance, the game you speak of doesn't have on-device multiplayer and I don't think you can play against an AI opponent. Mine gives you the option to play against an easy or hard CPU, plus you can play with your friend sitting next to you.

As for your question of why create something someone else has done? Mostly because competition is healthy, and it is nice to have alternatives. For example, there are maybe 10-15 Twitter apps on the BlackBerry right now, and one of them (in my opinion) is better than the rest. UberTwitter, if you are wondering.

Finally, Mobilitea offers a different level of service compared to most companies. If you ever need help with one of our apps, you'll see why.

Hopefully this cleared up a couple of your questions.
    11-23-09 12:03 AM
    Well, the one that is "free" and has online play is not really free in my opinion. Having to buy credits and what-not is kind of lame. That being said, I'm offering features that the other two are not.

For instance, the game you speak of doesn't have on-device multiplayer and I don't think you can play against an AI opponent. Mine gives you the option to play against an easy or hard CPU, plus you can play with your friend sitting next to you.

As for your question of why create something someone else has done? Mostly because competition is healthy, and it is nice to have alternatives. For example, there are maybe 10-15 Twitter apps on the BlackBerry right now, and one of them (in my opinion) is better than the rest. UberTwitter, if you are wondering.

Finally, Mobilitea offers a different level of service compared to most companies. If you ever need help with one of our apps, you'll see why.

Hopefully this cleared up a couple of your questions.
    I agree with you on competition and sounds like your version has some nice features not present in others BUT to set the record straight the free one does not require you to purchase credits. It is just an option if an individual wishes to do so.
    11-23-09 05:40 AM
    Well, that's not bad then. What is that app called, anyway? I did a quick search on Mobihand and couldn't find anything. I have seen it before, but came up blank this time.

I did, however, find one game that cost $2.99, and since mine is going for $1.49, that makes me feel pretty good about things.

Also, if you're wondering why exactly I chose to spend time developing a Four in a Row clone, I had to do it for a school project. Basically, we were given the option to write it for any platform we wished, and I chose BlackBerry (Java).

Anyways, enjoy!
    11-23-09 07:45 AM
    Well, that's not bad then. What is that app called, anyway? I did a quick search on Mobihand and couldn't find anything. I have seen it before, but came up blank this time.

I did, however, find one game that cost $2.99, and since mine is going for $1.49, that makes me feel pretty good about things.

Also, if you're wondering why exactly I chose to spend time developing a Four in a Row clone, I had to do it for a school project. Basically, we were given the option to write it for any platform we wished, and I chose BlackBerry (Java).

Anyways, enjoy!
    I was not going to give name but since you ask. http://goldenthumb.ca/gtota/appList.action?categoryId=4&accountId=86930. I will say again in fairness sounds like your version has some nice features not available in that one. Namely Ai and head to head. The other random online opponent win or lose next game another different random opponent. Does yours keep stats such as games won lost against various head to head opponents?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-09 09:09 AM
    At the moment, it does not, but I think I'll implement it in the very near future. I'm also looking into online play, but I won't get around to that until I'm finished my next project.

Thanks for finding the link for golden thumb, I'll check it out!
    11-23-09 09:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD