I've made my first app for the Blackberry called Call End Notifier.
    It plays an alert when your call gets disconnected so you don't sit there wondering why nobody is saying anything when your call has been disconnected.

The sound it plays right now is just some random sound I found. I plan to make lots of changes to it.

So far the only thing I'm sure it works on is the 8130 Pearl, so I need some people to try it out for me.
    OTA link is here: Call End Notifier
    If you guys would be so kind as to install it and let me know how it works out I would greatly appreciate it.
    Leave me a PM or send me an email with problems suggestions.

Thanks.
    09-02-09 05:30 PM
    Worked on storm is there a way to raise the volume?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-09 05:55 PM
    Worked on storm is there a way to raise the volume?

It's actually set to automatically play at the highest volume (100). So it must be that the sound was recorded at a lower volume.
    The next version will have a different default sound and the ability to set what alert to play.

Thanks for helping out and getting back to me so quickly.
    09-02-09 06:10 PM
    There is this feature built into the blackberry. Turn call drop tone on.
    09-02-09 06:20 PM
    Installed and working on a Hybrided 8820, so far it works fine. Please add multiple choice for sound on next version, for variety. Great idea btw!!

09-02-09 06:25 PM
    Where does one find this option?

Installed and working on a Hybrided 8820, so far it works fine. Please add multiple choice for sound on next version, for variety. Great idea btw!!

Thanks. Sound selection is in the works.
    09-02-09 06:36 PM
    Great, looking forward to next version..

09-02-09 06:43 PM
    ...not a bad idea! Nicely done.

It would be nice if you posted some screenshots
    09-02-09 06:46 PM
    Searched thru options in phone and found nothing in mine. This may be a option in newer phones, unfortunatly not mine..

09-02-09 06:46 PM
    downloaded and tested on 8900 with tmoble...it works great the sound is LOUD on mine..plus the sound is pretty wierd..still, this is great to have..thanks
    maybe different sounds?? but i really like this
    09-02-09 09:05 PM
    I've made my first app for the Blackberry called Call End Notifier.
    It plays an alert when your call gets disconnected so you don't sit there wondering why nobody is saying anything when your call has been disconnected.
    Could be a useful app but an absolute requirement is that it must play a sound of my choosing, not a system supplied sound.
    09-03-09 02:28 AM
    Searched thru options in phone and found nothing in mine. This may be a option in newer phones, unfortunatly not mine.
    Nah, never heard of it and I have an 8900.
    09-03-09 02:30 AM
    berryaddon does the same, except it vibrates
    09-03-09 07:01 AM
    I lost a call yesterday, while using bluetooth, and didn't hear a sound.

09-04-09 07:49 AM
    Where does one find this option?
    My curve does a series of beeps when I lose a call. Not sure if there is a setting

Thanks. Sound selection is in the works.
    I wouldn't mind the ability to choose a tone so I know instantly what happened. Nice app
    09-04-09 08:04 AM
    My curve does a series of beeps. I never searched for the settings though but you are correct about a installed notifier
    09-04-09 08:05 AM
    berryaddon does the same, except it vibrates
    Yeah. berryaddon is a cool app. But, I'll try something new. Well, pertaining to the app.
    09-04-09 08:19 AM
    I've installed it on my 8330 and will post my findings. My curve does have the dropped call tone option but being able to set any tone I want would be nice. You should add the vibrate option and perhaps both a tone and vib at the same time. Now I just have to wait for a dropped call which is rare.

forkup

09-04-09 11:59 AM
    I lost a call yesterday, while using bluetooth, and didn't hear a sound.

At the moment it only plays out of the handset earpiece, but I'm going to add the ability to detect if bluetooth is connected and route the sound to the appropriate place.

I've installed it on my 8330 and will post my findings. My curve does have the dropped call tone option but being able to set any tone I want would be nice. You should add the vibrate option and perhaps both a tone and vib at the same time. Now I just have to wait for a dropped call which is rare.

forkup

I've added a vibrate option, but the choosing your own tone is still giving me problems at the moment.

I've also changed the default tone to something less weird. I should have the newest version up sometime in the next few days.

Thanks again for testing it out for me.
    09-05-09 09:55 PM
    Alrighty.
    Version 0.9.7 is up. Here's the link again:
    Call End Notifier

New in this version:
    - I added a new default alert that doesn't sound weird.
    - You can now choose what sound plays.
    - There is now a vibrate option.

The menu is a little wonky when you choose what sound to play, but that'll be fixed in the next version.

Let me know how this one goes. And keep the suggestions coming.
    Thanks!
    09-06-09 01:08 AM
    nice man keep it up
    09-06-09 11:56 AM
    Yeh I downloaded it but can't find where its at on my phone

09-06-09 05:36 PM
    pretty nice , i can hear it really well (8900) but i could hear it good before...classy sound and i am able to get sounds from my SD card..SWEET,but cant figure how to get from PHONE ringtones?? maybe just me..i will keep trying...thanks this app is great

tcamshafter
    09-06-09 08:02 PM
    Yeh I downloaded it but can't find where its at on my phone

It should be under "Call End Notifier" in your Blackberry options (the little wrench). It does not have an icon, so you won't see it when you press the menu button from the home screen.

pretty nice , i can hear it really well (8900) but i could hear it good before...classy sound and i am able to get sounds from my SD card..SWEET,but cant figure how to get from PHONE ringtones?? maybe just me..i will keep trying...thanks this app is great

tcamshafter
    If you're trying to get to the ringtones that came with the phone, you can't. That is something RIM has stopped developers from doing. I have no idea why. All 3rd party apps do not have access to those tones.
    If you're trying to get to the ones you personally have placed in your phone memory, they'd probably be in
    store/home/user/ringtones

Hope that helps.
    09-06-09 08:12 PM
    Ok thanks! I'm gonna make some calls and let u know tomorrow how it works with 8330/4.5.0.169

And yes the BB should have this as a default option lol

09-06-09 09:02 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD