BerryVibe was made on request from a user who wanted a tone to confirm hang-ups. BlackBerries seem to block speaker tones while in-call, so very brief vibration pulses are used instead. That's better anyway in that it's less perceptible to people around you.

On Light-feel it's barely more than a tap, that's what I use, but some people will probably prefer the Medium-feel and maybe also the Heavy-feel setting. When a connection is lost the vibe is slightly stronger, just enough to distinguish a disconnection from a connection without being "too much". The connection vibe is lighter because you're more likely to have the phone against your head when that happens, whereas it's most likely just in your hand when disconnecting.

BerryVibe - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store
    Last edited by mlamagra; 09-21-09 at 01:58 AM. Reason: for brevity
    09-21-09 01:52 AM
    Meh, I don't really think it's that big of a deal, even if it is only .99 cents.

I'd download if it was free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-09 02:28 AM
    Meh, I don't really think it's that big of a deal, even if it is only .99 cents.

I know, but I was going to make it anyway for that user who spent a lot of time helping me test another app, and I always charge for what I publish. So there it is, if it's worth .99 to anyone great, if not my feelings aren't hurt!

I've been using it myself and prefer to have it vs. just the screen messages. A few times I thought I hung up but the person on the other end could still hear, and other times when I thought the phone was locked but it wasn't, it called people who could then hear conversations that were none of their business from inside my pocket. The confirmation is good to have, this way if a call gets dialed by accident the phone vibrates, and when I hang up I know it didn't disconnect if I don't feel a vibration.
    09-21-09 03:13 AM
    O.K. Coupon BVIBERELPR53 is good for 10 free copies this week.

If you can't get the coupon to work on Crackberry, click the Powered by MobiHand link and it should work there -- some things like bundles don't work on Crackberry yet and I'm not sure if coupons work or not.
    09-21-09 04:00 AM
    Nice, thanks for the free copy
    09-21-09 07:04 AM
    Just tried this app and it works very well. I set it on light feel when connected and disconnected. It works exactly as advertised with no "hiccups" and it beats looking at the phone to see if you are still connected.
    Thanks!!
    09-21-09 08:08 AM
    Hey...I like the idea myself. I'd pay the 99 cents for it, as opposed to some. However, in this case it appears as though I saw this post in time and was able to use the coupon.

Thanks to mlamagra! Very generous of you, and it is appreciated.
    09-21-09 08:10 AM
    It works like it's supposed to, thanks for the great app! :-)
    09-21-09 08:25 AM
    It's always exciting doing this, I wrote something in my living room and a day later it's in peoples' pockets in Great Britain, France, Thailand, Ontario, Ohio, California, Texas, North Carolina, and a couple of other places in the US. Hope it makes your phone experience better...

The 10-free-copy coupon is now used up. Thanks for downloading and giving feedback!
    Last edited by mlamagra; 09-21-09 at 09:54 AM. Reason: update
    09-21-09 08:44 AM
    Hey thanks for the free copy! My only suggestion would be for a bit longer of a vibration. Maybe its just this Bold, but it is very short and barely noticable and I have it set on "heavy".

09-21-09 08:51 AM
    Hey thanks for the free copy! My only suggestion would be for a bit longer of a vibration. Maybe its just this Bold, but it is very short and barely noticable and I have it set on "heavy".

Thanks for the information, on my Curve "heavy" seems to go on too long, probably the response time of the vibrator is different on other models.

The pulse lengths are currently set as follows:

Connect Disconnect
    Light 60ms 80ms
    Medium 82ms 110ms
    Heavy 120ms 160ms

I wonder if the battery status affects the responsiveness at all. I haven't noticed this on my phone, but it's possible since the voltage ranges from 4.2 down to 3.5 or lower. Do you remember how charged your battery was when you had trouble feeling the vibrations?
    09-21-09 09:28 AM
    I'm adding a couple more settings, "Barely Perceptible" and "Pocket Mode" which will be extra-heavy, and hopefully that will cover all needs. Expect the update in place by the end of today.
    09-21-09 09:56 AM
    After using this app this morning I have to say I didn't think it would be to useful but I am loving it. Now there is no doubt when a call is over. Give it a shot people, I'm sure you will find it useful.
    09-21-09 09:56 AM
    Thanks for the information, on my Curve "heavy" seems to go on too long, probably the response time of the vibrator is different on other models.

The pulse lengths are currently set as follows:

Connect Disconnect
    Light 60ms 80ms
    Medium 82ms 110ms
    Heavy 120ms 160ms

I wonder if the battery status affects the responsiveness at all. I haven't noticed this on my phone, but it's possible since the voltage ranges from 4.2 down to 3.5 or lower. Do you remember how charged your battery was when you had trouble feeling the vibrations?
    My battery was fully charged. As a matter of fact it was plugged in and at 100%. I did try it again with some battery usage with the same results. To be honest, it was tough to distinguish between the three given choices as they were all very short. I'm running .266
    Last edited by scottmolson; 09-21-09 at 10:05 AM.
    09-21-09 10:03 AM
    My battery was fully charged. As a matter of fact it was plugged in and at 100%. I did try it again with some battery usage with the same results. To be honest, it was tough to distinguish between the three given choices as they were all very short. I'm running .266
    I'll ... well, I can try it out on the .266 Bold simulator but it will be kind of hard to tell without having an actual Bold how it's vibrating I'm adding the very-light and very-heavy modes, and if those don't cover all needs then I can add a field for a manual specification in milliseconds but I don't want to get that complicated if it can be kept simpler.

I'm building the new version now and it should be out within an hour.

P.S. Thank you to someone in the United Arab Emirates for being the first to purchase this app!
    09-21-09 10:30 AM
    Anyone else having issues trying to download the upgrade and it still being the 1.0 version instead of the 1.1 version?

Whoops I guess even though it says it's still 1.0 it's the update, silly me!
    Last edited by themrodc; 09-21-09 at 01:53 PM.
    09-21-09 01:42 PM
    It's always exciting doing this, I wrote something in my living room and a day later it's in peoples' pockets in Great Britain, France, Thailand, Ontario, Ohio, California, Texas, North Carolina, and a couple of other places in the US. Hope it makes your phone experience better...

The 10-free-copy coupon is now used up. Thanks for downloading and giving feedback!
    I am the "Ontario" person

Thank you very much, it works quite well.
    Note: At about 14:30 EST the update notification was sent to me from Mobi.
    Logged in, replaced version, reboot, all is good.

Thanks Again

Pete
    09-21-09 01:49 PM
    Update works great. Says version 1.0 but it is 1.1
    I have "light-feel" set on the Bold and it's perfect.
    Good job!
    09-21-09 01:59 PM
    Hmm I've discovered an issue I guess I'm the only one having this problem at the moment. BerryVibe works great on install but once I have to reboot the phone it no longer works and the only way to get it working again is to uninstall and reinstall the app. The OS on my berry is 4.5.0.169 and all of the permissions are set to allow. I guess any input or help someone can give me would be great.
    09-21-09 02:25 PM
    Update works great. Says version 1.0 but it is 1.1
    I have "light-feel" set on the Bold and it's perfect.
    Good job!
    Where is it saying 1.0 for you all ? I double-checked and it says 1.1.0 on the product spec page, in the .alx file, .jad file, and .java file which the .cod is built from, and says 1.1.0 in my phone's Applications list and in the options.

The way my version #'s work is the 2nd digit toggles up whenever there is a feature change, 3rd digit is only for bugfixes, and 4th # is the version of the API it's built on. So, it went from 1.0.0.42 to 1.1.0.42. Apologies if that's confusing but it helps me keep track of what it is.
    09-21-09 10:29 PM
    Hmm I've discovered an issue I guess I'm the only one having this problem at the moment. BerryVibe works great on install but once I have to reboot the phone it no longer works and the only way to get it working again is to uninstall and reinstall the app. The OS on my berry is 4.5.0.169 and all of the permissions are set to allow. I guess any input or help someone can give me would be great.
    I have 4.5.0.77 on an 8330 and it works after rebooting. I'll get a simulator for .169 and test it out. Has anyone else had this problem?

Maybe there's some other app listening for the same events and consuming them so BerryVibe doesn't know about them, and whether it works or not depends on which app is first in line to be notified of the events.
    Last edited by lsPhone; 09-22-09 at 01:03 AM.
    09-21-09 10:36 PM
    damn missed the free coupon. any more by anychance? thanks lol
    09-21-09 11:23 PM
    damn missed the free coupon. any more by anychance? thanks lol
    I think that's all for the free ones, and it's already minimum-price so I don't think the store will appreciate a half-off coupon, CB and Mobi would each make just 10 cents to process the transaction

If bundles worked on CB I'd point out that you can get BerryVibe and "I Charge Cool" for $1.51 right now, which is about 0.75 each, maybe that would make it worth buying to you. But I think Crackberry is the only MobiHand channel site where store bundles don't work. That's why I had to make "Jam" to be able to sell 4 apps as a bundle on Crackberry, otherwise I'd just have made a store bundle. BerryVibe is included in that too in case you want to check it out, it's a good deal In My Honest Un-Biased Opinion as the developer ... at least I tried to make it a sure-sell deal, but we'll see how that goes.

Thanks for your interest, and sorry for advertising here a bit but can't depend on everything to always sell itself.
    09-22-09 07:04 AM
    09-22-09 08:06 AM
    Before I purchase the app, I wanted to know if there's an option to turn off vibrate for connected calls but have it on for disconnected calls? Thanks in advance.
    09-22-09 09:03 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD