07-11-11 07:53 PM
    very nice find, hot off the press!
    im sad the focus seems to be bbm6
    07-11-11 08:00 PM
    I don't think it will happen with BB7. His response was aimed at the Playbook.

I think QNX is more suited to emulating other platforms and as a result things like BBOS Java player and Android app player can be incorporated.
    07-11-11 08:01 PM
    The guy was a little cagey, but I'm sure he was hinting at future QNX devices being able to run Android apps, rather than the 9900/9930

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-11 08:02 PM
    seems like thats the only thing that she wanted to know about smh
    07-11-11 08:02 PM
    Please someone notify this guy to clip his nails.
    07-11-11 08:17 PM
    Thanks for the video. Hopefully we can get some videos of the 9900 in action. It would be great to see the media player, browser, camera, battery life etc. Etc.
    07-12-11 08:06 AM
    Dodgey dodgey. Haha.
    Nice find.

My mind says its true because it wants it to be. T-T

07-12-11 09:05 AM
    Listen to Kevins video on the front page today

He hinted something about an android player..

07-12-11 09:20 AM
    "All I can really say is that
    with the PlayBook's Tablet OS an update
    is never going to be too far away (hint,
    hint) and along with the updates you
    might be expecting, there's also going
    to be some surprises in the future that
    will make you say SWEEEEET!"

Epic. I didn't think of it that way.

07-12-11 09:35 AM
    Ya did you see the Android sticker on the back of her Blackberry?
    07-12-11 09:52 AM
    Let me preface what I'm about to say with this disclaimer: I always take anything wireless sales/customer service reps say with a boulder sized grain of salt.

I was in my local VZW corp store a couple of weeks ago returning a Thunderbolt I was trying out. The guy I was dealing with is one of the most senior reps there and is really knowledgeable about the phones he works with, but as he was trying to sell me on a different Android device I told him I was holding out for the BB 9930. He told me he didn't know when it would drop but he said he heard they have been real hard to make it an awesome phone and that they were looking to run Android apps soon to be more competitive.

Who knows if RIM has an ace up their sleeve but if they did introduce Android emulation on BB 7 devices then that would be a huge game changer for them.
    07-12-11 10:24 AM
    Who knows if RIM has an ace up their sleeve but if they did introduce Android emulation on BB 7 devices then that would be a huge game changer for them.
    It would also eliminate the immediate need for QNX phones..

QNX Emulator plox?

07-12-11 10:55 AM
    Let me preface what I'm about to say with this disclaimer: I always take anything wireless sales/customer service reps say with a boulder sized grain of salt.

I was in my local VZW corp store a couple of weeks ago returning a Thunderbolt I was trying out. The guy I was dealing with is one of the most senior reps there and is really knowledgeable about the phones he works with, but as he was trying to sell me on a different Android device I told him I was holding out for the BB 9930. He told me he didn't know when it would drop but he said he heard they have been real hard to make it an awesome phone and that they were looking to run Android apps soon to be more competitive.

I was figuring we had to wait for QNX based phones to get Android simulation but if they can do it on a 9900, you bet that be huge for RIM. Wishful thinking I'm sure... but one can always hope.
    07-12-11 11:01 AM
    I was figuring we had to wait for QNX based phones to get Android simulation but if they can do it on a 9900, you bet that be huge for RIM. Wishful thinking I'm sure... but one can always hope.
    This hope is hopeless. Not going to happen on the 9900.
    07-12-11 11:39 AM
    This hope is hopeless. Not going to happen on the 9900.
    I know you've got cred here and I respect your thoughts, opinions and such on the 99XX and whatnot, but unless you're working deep in RIM's labs, don't be sure of yourself and make statements as if it's fact. I'm not saying it's likely, but it's not impossible RIM is working on it now for BB 7 devices.

I've served truckloads of crow to Verizon iPhone naysayers elsewhere and I'd have no problem doing the same here
    07-12-11 11:49 AM
    Listen to Kevins video on the front page today

He hinted something about an android player..

He didn't say it, he wrote it and h was writing about QNX OS and tablets but he did point out at something unexpected besides native PIM apps, android player, A2DP bluetooth and so on...
    07-12-11 12:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD