I have read about the new BIS 2.8 and google two way contact sync on the internet. I for the life of me can not find this information on crackberry.com. What Im trying to understand is this two way sync and how often does it sync?

Thank you for the help I tried the search button but I guess its an ID10T error.
    12-28-09 09:59 PM
    google sync syncs whenever you make any change to or add a contact in your device
    12-28-09 11:16 PM
    google sync syncs whenever you make any change to or add a contact in your device
    The OP is not talking about Google Sync. BIS 2.8 has Google contact sync built-in, one does not require the additional download of Google Sync unless one also wants to sync with Google Calendar.

Unfortunately, as I have always used Google Sync for both contacts and calendar and won't be dumping it since I need the calendar functionality, I have no experience with the contacts sync via BIS.
    12-28-09 11:20 PM
    Thank you all for replying maybe someone will know the sync time or I guess I could just time it myself and report back.
    12-29-09 09:37 AM
    I have been playing with the feature for the last month or so. What I can tell you is that it Sync's fairly quickly. When I changed a contact and logged into my gmail account on my PC the change had been made. Also when I changed a contact in gmail and then checked it on my phone it also had been changed just as quickly.
    12-29-09 10:10 AM
    Does the google sync app rotate when you view the phone in horizontal/portrait?
    12-29-09 10:27 AM
    It's not necessary for it really. You install the app and just let it work. Unless you need to manually run the sync or update any option you really shouldn't ever look at it. I have been using it for over year both with my 8330 and now my 9550 and it works great. I did try the built in BIS sync but it doubled up a bunch of my contacts and as earlier poster said I want the cal sync as well.
    12-29-09 10:32 AM
    Understood. It worked perfectly on my curve and has been working on my Storm2 until a few days ago. (Last sync was on 12/21). Because the screen doesnt orient correctly, its hard to select some of the options. Hopefully a new version is available soon
    12-29-09 10:37 AM
    I have been using Google Sync with no problems since I got the Storm 1 last December.

I just recently got the Storm 2 and google sync only works for Calender entries. I always have a "last sync failed" error when I try to sync the contacts. It hasn't worked once. I tried to use the BIS 2.8 contact sync, but I just ended up with copies and copies of all of my contacts.
    12-29-09 11:51 AM
    I have been playing with the feature for the last month or so. What I can tell you is that it Sync's fairly quickly. When I changed a contact and logged into my gmail account on my PC the change had been made. Also when I changed a contact in gmail and then checked it on my phone it also had been changed just as quickly.
    Is there something I need to do to turn it on or make it faster. Mine seems to take hours.
    12-29-09 12:22 PM
    I guess Im going to google sync I cant get any contact to update unless I delete the email account and re-add it. Neither way syncs. Even re-sending the service books doesnt work. Im sure the sync googl contact is on. O well it was a nice feature if it worked.
    12-29-09 08:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD