It has been determined that both of these applications are most likely WORTHLESS CRAP apps doing nothing but taking up memory that other useful apps could otherwise use. If you read this post, read it to the end and all the negative feedback and expert reasons that these apps simply cannot do what they claim. The jury is out and some resellers have pulled these apps due to skepticism and negative feedback that the apps are a SCAM that do nothing at all.

What this proves to me is reinforcement of "the universal law of belief" which states we see what we (want to) believe, not believe what we see. I guess if you want your phone faster and more stable you can convince yourself it is (in your mind) when nothing has changed at all.

(Read the above first!!!!!!!)

NetworkAcc (Network
    Accelerator) is just out from Emobistudio. You know, they also write MemoryUp (Pro) and a few others.

Anyway, its really a great application. Ever since I installed it (yesterday) on my phone it has run considerably faster and smoother. Also it seems to hold memory better. It pairs well with MemoryUp (Pro) and together these two apps are my RIM stability factor. Once loaded and hidden (or press the Red phone button once loaded), they reside in the background and really do a good job at smoothing things out and speeding things up.

-MemoryUp manages your system memory, boosts it in the background, recovering lost RAM that would otherwise go unused. Pro gives you crash protection and low memory notification.

-NetworkAcc boosts network upload, download, and page load performance on the internet. The app configures itself to optimize your defined internet connection, EDGE, WiFi, 3G, GPRS, HSDPA, and Other. Supports BIS, BES, and BIS_and_BES and OS 3.x, 4.0 - 4.7, and Other. It also seems to add speed and smoothness in switching between apps and screens on the phone. The overall phone performance is noticeably enhanced. I'm impressed with both apps, but especially NetworkAcc.

How could you not notice an immediate improvement, I sure did! Well worth the sub-10$ for each app.

Update: Shift Accelerator Gears-Don�t get STUCK in 2nd gear!
    This is VERY important - Read

Note: When the app first �optimizes� and �accelerates� it does it �safely� but leaves you in less than 5th gear and with less than optimal performance. See the gear bar at the bottom of the main screen.

You have to then highlight the gear-bar, and Alt + Roll Trackwheel until the bar turns completely blue and shows the number 5. You are now in 5th gear. You then �Accelerate� once again for an increased performance.

I guess there are 4 levels of increased performance (2-5) and gear 1 is stock performance? Anyway, negotiate your highest working level of acceleration. Mine works fine on 5.
    Last edited by elfaure; 06-14-09 at 11:04 AM.
    06-04-09 08:19 PM
    Well, I took the plunge on the package bundle also. I have to say, they do seem to work. I don't think my Edge service has ever been so snappy and consistant. For me, Network Accel was more noticeable than MemoryUp. However, MemoryUp seems to have improved the device also. That said, keep your expectations realistic.

2 Thumbs up from me. Still hard to swallow $20 for the pair.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-09 11:12 PM
    I installed NetworkAcc on my BlackBerry today. It seems this application has just released for a short time, but it gets broad range of popularity. I am a big fan of online gaming and chatting, this is a quite fantastic software, speed up my mobile activities. Now, NetworkAcc is doing very well on my BlackBerry. So yes, I like products from eMobiStudio, it can always surprise me with wonderful applications.
    06-05-09 03:24 AM
    Important. Just a post so you all get a notification message on this. See title.
    THKS
    06-05-09 06:55 PM
    Important. Just a post so you all get a notification message on this. See title.
    THKS
    OMG, wow thanks. How the **** did you figure that out. HAHA

Man, I haven't even tried above 2 yet and I though my Edge internet was faster than the processor could render. lol
    06-05-09 10:20 PM
    OMG, wow thanks. How the **** did you figure that out. HAHA

Man, I haven't even tried above 2 yet and I though my Edge internet was faster than the processor could render. lol
    5th gear data: I'm on EVDO and mid day see a 33% gain in max dl speed. Only a 20% gain in ave dl speed. Similar ul gains (per speedtest). This app really works.
    ------------
    How did I find 5th gear? I had noticed the gear bar did not go full blue on install and the marker was somewhere in the middle and said 2. I found that odd so that filed a note in my mind to go back and try to further optimize the connection. I also wanted to make sure 3G was the right choice for Sprint.

I just started clicking the gear bar and the berry button and options and settings (basically click everything) sniffing around and determined to get some more blue on that bar and a pop up came up with a field to change the value but also with instructions on how to "roll" up the value.

I had also seen this before in another app which I can't remember which one it was and remembered exactly how to do it after reading the instructions. I did not just randomly figure it out, it was systematic problem solving, common sense, and a little luck. And oh what a difference it made. Well worth the tweaking time for a change.

But that's half the fun with these things, for some. It's probably the main reason to get an iphone for others who don't want to have to bother with all this tech tweaking. And that's a strong argument.

Cheers!

06-05-09 11:06 PM
    Here's what Emobistudio has to say about the gears. After learning more I've down shifted to 4th. Seems memory is gas and higher gears use more gas but with increased performance.
    -------------
    As for shift accelerator gears, NetworkAcc provides shift from 1 to 5,
    the higher the gear is, the faster the network speed will be tuned.
    However, it will take more smartphone resources (i.e. system memory
    and processing power) and cause a little heavier workload for some
    smartphones. The default value is 2. Usually we recommend normal users
    a value of 2 or 3. But if you have adequate smartphone capabilities
    and need to perform frequent online activities on your smartphone, you
    can choose a value of 4 or 5. That will bring you much better mobile
    experience, which you may have already noticed.

06-06-09 09:04 PM
    By default, most mobile network connections for Smartphone and BlackBerry system are not configured to transfer data at their maximum or their most efficient speed," said eMobiStudio CEO, Robert Lee. "Our software will analyze and optimize your mobile browser and network connection for speedy downloads, faster web-content loading, and an overall improvement on web surfing speed
    06-08-09 03:53 AM
    I was looking through the app store and didn't see the bundle, can you guys post a link? thx!
    06-08-09 05:30 AM
    NM, I found it....big difference in browsing speeds! Any of you know the best settings for memory pro on a 8330?
    06-08-09 06:07 AM
    How do they speed up your mobile network's speed for upload/download??

06-08-09 07:08 AM
    Here's what I think they did: larger cache and prefetching. Can't think of anything else, maybe overclocking but I doubt that. From what I can see there is a speed difference, probably worth what they are charging. Remember to factor in that you will have less available memory when doing your own evaluation of what it's worth to you.

06-08-09 09:32 AM
    It is very impossible (One step above regularly impossible) for a third party application to do this.

An application can only affect the connections that it makes itself, and even then, in a very limited manner.
    06-08-09 11:45 AM
    I have bought this application and I must say I can see the improvements. This application is worth its price.
    06-08-09 02:00 PM
    It is very impossible (One step above regularly impossible) for a third party application to do this.

An application can only affect the connections that it makes itself, and even then, in a very limited manner.
    Try it...

I was highly critical of these apps, until I tried them. It's up to you to decide if it's worth the cost. Remember, this is still just a phone, but my internet is running better than ever, just off Edge.

06-08-09 02:48 PM
    So far only Sprint and AT&T users have posted comments. Anyone know if it works on Verizon's CDMA network?
    06-08-09 02:53 PM
    06-08-09 02:56 PM
    Try it...

I was highly critical of these apps, until I tried them. It's up to you to decide if it's worth the cost. Remember, this is still just a phone, but my internet is running better than ever, just off Edge.

There's really nothing to try.
    Anything this application could be using to make the internet faster is found in:
    BlackBerry JDE 4.7.0 API Reference

And I can promise that there's nothing there that could, in any way, make internet connections (in general) faster on your phone.

Edit - It could run a garbage collection which has the possibility of freeing up memory making some connections very slightly, unnoticeably faster.
    Last edited by acowart; 06-08-09 at 03:09 PM.
    06-08-09 03:06 PM
    I belive if this app worked, they would offer a free trial for it.
    06-08-09 03:16 PM
    I belive if this app worked, they would offer a free trial for it.
    I'm thinking the same way.
    I also heard that they have multiple users that go to various sites writing reviews and promoting the app. A good way to boost sales.
    06-08-09 03:23 PM
    Yep, I'm waiting for the trial. If its good, I would buy it.
    06-08-09 03:55 PM
    Dear sirs,

Thanks a lot for your interests and comments in my company's newly released product - NetworkAcc. This is Daniel, responsible as technical manager for eMobiStudio Inc.

Since founded in 2005, my company has been dedicated in designing and developing personal productivity software for smartphones. In the past few years, our product MemoryUp Pro has won 'Top Seller' award from Sony Ericsson' P1-Choice Program, 5-star ranking from DownloadPipe and Softpedia. It has also been called 'The Latest and Greatest Application' and 'A Must-have for Smartphone' by Handango.

Now NetworkAcc for BlackBerry and Symbian Smartphones[/url]) is my company's second hit as part of our continuous efforts to boost up smartphone users' mobile experience. As always, the algorithm used in NetworkAcc is not a disruptive or highly innovative technology, but a know-how developed by our tech team through past years of hard work. Our testing results have proved its effectiveness for Java enabled systems. What NetworkAcc exactly does is to fine-tune some key parameters based on smartphone users' different network setting including their BB OS, server type, and connection type etc. By working in the background, NetworkAcc can continuously improve data throughput and reclaim redundant network activity related system resources.

Hope that helps. Sorry I can not provide more details on our algorithms as they are part of our company's confidential information. But please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or advices. We are always ready to work with you.

Thanks!

Sincerely

Daniel

eMobiStudio Tech Team

--Boost Up Your Mobile Experience--
    E-mail: Daniel(at)emobistudio.com
    eMobiStudio Inc.
    06-10-09 10:36 AM
    I have also noticed customers' request for the trial version of NetworkAcc. I will propose it to my CEO. My company always listen to the voice of our customers. So I believe soon you will be able to download the free trial version of NetworkAcc.

Thanks!
    06-10-09 10:41 AM
    I have also noticed customers' request for the trial version of NetworkAcc. I will propose it to my CEO. My company always listen to the voice of our customers. So I believe soon you will be able to download the free trial version of NetworkAcc.

Thanks!

That would be awesome! I will stay tuned to this thread to see
    06-10-09 10:55 AM
    agreed.

there's tons of these apps out there that claim to do great things (see batterybooster as well), and it's more psychological than anything. there's only so much 3rd party apps can really do.

good ol' snake oil.
    06-10-09 12:48 PM
107 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD