Does Anyone Know If Netflix Is Planning On Doing Anything To Watch Your Instant Qeue On Your Blackberry? That Would Be Fantastic If They Did.
    12-29-08 12:09 PM
    12-29-08 01:10 PM
    As of two days ago the CEO of Netflix stated that they are currently concentrating on their bigscreen (television) stuff right now and will look into mobile stuff later.

They are doing themselves a dis-service. I would pay twice as much for my Netflix account if I was able to instantly watch any of their current instant play movies on my blackberry. Currently I have to be content with loading a DVD on my laptop via BB app "DVD To Go" and then putting it on my phone.
    02-01-10 04:30 PM
    Great program i use this one personally

BlackBerry App World - Movela Netflix Queue Manager

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-10 05:01 PM
    Great program i use this one personally

BlackBerry App World - Movela Netflix Queue Manager

And so do I

02-01-10 06:44 PM
    I am personally looking for something that I can watch the videos with, not just update what I have in my queue.
    02-01-10 08:52 PM
    I am personally looking for something that I can watch the videos with, not just update what I have in my queue.
    Not until a browser supports Silverlight. Don't expect that to happen for a BlackBerry device any time this decade.
    02-01-10 08:53 PM
    u can try slingbox or wait for this till end of this year:

<i>CES 2010:</i> Mobile TV Developers Tune In - NY1.com
    02-01-10 08:55 PM
    u can try slingbox or wait for this till end of this year:
    Anything like this for DVR? I have that, but I don't have slingbox.
    02-01-10 09:40 PM
    Anything like this for DVR? I have that, but I don't have slingbox.
    try orb.com. someone got it to work, but i couldn't get it to work. but it free tho...so can't ask too much of it.
    02-01-10 10:24 PM
    How well does the Movela Netflix Queue Manager work on the S1?
    02-02-10 05:52 AM
    Not sure what plans Netflix has up its sleeve, but I use the In2Flick app to watch movie previews of my recommendations list on my blackberry. Very cool.
    I choose the In2Flick app over the Movela app any day.
    03-07-10 10:00 PM
    I'm with <sigh> Rogers in Canada, is there any way to stream Netflix to it? The Movela app isn't supported by <sigh> Rogers. Will this In2Flick app work for me or am I at the mercy of <sigh> Rogers.
    11-08-10 07:32 PM
    Ps. By 'it' I mean my Blackberry Bold 9700.
    11-08-10 07:33 PM
    The Movela app doesn't allow you to stream Netflix. You're basically paying $5 to add movies to your queue, which can be done in the browser for free. I find it pointless...

There is currently no way to stream netflix to your berry, other than via slingbox. Some say it's possible with orb, but I've had no luck.
    11-08-10 07:50 PM
    If netflix had this app for bb, it would b a def +, I already stream movies thru my wii and it would be great 2 do it thru my phone as well.seems like bb's lack a lot n the apps department.I love my bb bt its days mite b numbered...

11-10-10 06:46 PM
    Look how long it took them to get an app for the iphone. I recently switched to Blackberry from Apple and love my phone now but it is just not made for movie watching. If you need to watch movies on a small screen I suggest getting a DVD to Blackberry converter and a 16gb storage card. Or get a iphone or ipod touch (with wifi) with the Netflix app and/or the Justin.tv app. Though from my experience after getting conversion software and streaming apps I hardly ever watched movies on a four inch screen.
    11-10-10 07:20 PM
    I'd never want to use it if it existed..

Streaming video for an hour or so is going to kill your battery really quick, not counting the small screen.

If i'm near a place where I can charge the phone anyways + wifi, then I'm near a PC or laptop or my PS3. So there's no upside...
    11-10-10 07:34 PM
    I'd never want to use it if it existed..

Streaming video for an hour or so is going to kill your battery really quick, not counting the small screen.

If i'm near a place where I can charge the phone anyways + wifi, then I'm near a PC or laptop or my PS3. So there's no upside...
    To each their own, but this view isn't shared by everyone. There will always be places where people crave portable entertainment- the bus, train, waiting at the DMV, doctor's offices, etc. Most importantly, the ability to enjoy streaming media on demand is most important for those times you don't plan on needing it, or can't bring a laptop or portable DVD player with you. I know a few Yesterberry enthusiasts who use it mostly in the office at work.

I think Netflix would be a great asset to the BlackBerry line. Whether your eyes can take watching a 2" screen for an hour or not, obviously others are willing to pay handsomely for the ability to do so.
    11-10-10 07:54 PM
    Look at it this way though, more people would have paid for a flash to BB converter for youtube a long time ago, which never happened.

The market for netflix will be substantially smaller and would have to basically accomplish the same task.

What ended up happening? Waiting for youtube to roll out enough mobile friendly content and at a higher bitrate... This is likely what will happen with netflix.

Yesterberry is basically free and relies on mobile friendly streams, so it's a different ballgame.
    11-10-10 08:27 PM
    I doubt they'll make one. Two reasons. It would be pretty close to a nightmare to write one. And the fact that BB has streaming media codec issues from OS release to release.

Look at how long we've been waiting for Sling to come to BB and we got a half-baked pos release that can't even run in native mode on the Storms or Torches. Meanwhile WindowsPhone7 has a SlingBox version released before there's even more then a couple of handsets on the market. What does this tell you?

11-10-10 09:10 PM
    Blackberry and netflix together is a winner. Blqckberry, you have the customer basic interest. Give it to us. We waited long enough.
    COMPLETE THE BLACKBERRY
    04-11-11 05:02 AM
    I would just be happy with a free app to let me manage my instant queue from my bb....I have two blu-ray players that are NetFlix enabled, and they work great, but they have no way to search for a movie unless NetFlix suggests it to you (unlike the Wii and other netflix-ready devices) and the mobile version of their website only let's you manage you mailout queue.

If anyone knows of a free app just to manage the instant queue, please let me know.

04-11-11 12:39 PM
    Maybe Netflix for PlayBook? I guess we'll see in about a week or so!
    04-11-11 02:14 PM
    I was just on the Nexflix site and about every other phone has an app for streaming. Why no Blackberry love?
    06-03-11 01:13 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD