Is there a weather app. that shows you an active radar map. I would prefer one that can be put in motion but just one that you can pull up quick will do. I ride a motorcycle for work and would like to have an app. which I can pull up to see the radar. (riding in the rain sucks) Regular weather clients that I have seen don't do radar and it just takes too long to pull up weather.com and and look it up.
    08-27-08 05:03 PM
    Try Weatherbug. This is my favourite weather app.
    08-27-08 05:07 PM
    I use the app from Weather Channel. You have the option of checking the radar on that one as well. I love it.
    08-27-08 05:54 PM
    weather eye or weather bug..
    08-27-08 05:58 PM
    Any free ones? Im looking too.
    08-27-08 08:34 PM
    I agree. Is there any FREE weather apps?
    08-28-08 08:25 AM
    Weatherbug is free.
    08-28-08 08:29 AM
    I went to weatherbug's site and it was a free trial. You know something that I don't? Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-08 10:33 AM
    not missing anything...

here ya go.

WeatherEye (OTA): http://weyebb.pelmorex.com/BlackBerry/

WeatherBug Direct For Blackberry
    08-28-08 10:35 AM
    Is there a weather app. that shows you an active radar map. I would prefer one that can be put in motion but just one that you can pull up quick will do. I ride a motorcycle for work and would like to have an app. which I can pull up to see the radar. (riding in the rain sucks) Regular weather clients that I have seen don't do radar and it just takes too long to pull up weather.com and and look it up.

I like Weather Eye. When you click the Icon there's a link to The Weather Network at the top of the page and then you can scroll down to Maps which brings up Satellite/Radar.
    08-28-08 10:43 AM
    I love WeatherEye! its awesome, its free! Our weather changes too much within the hour here so i like the fact that I can get update intervals every 30 min. But I also have unlimited data so its not a concern for me as it may be for others.
    08-28-08 11:37 AM
    I use accuweather.com for any detailed weather tracking (I use for work a lot). If I don't need to be too accurat, I have weathereye app installed

08-28-08 11:39 AM
    Weather Underground (Mobile) . Tap in your zip. Scroll down, click "zoom into animated radar". Bookmark that page.
    08-28-08 03:11 PM
    Tried weather underground. Works great on the PC but the 8310 won't load it. tried a few times but it would not work. I'll try again later though.
    08-28-08 07:32 PM
    Tried weather underground. Works great on the PC but the 8310 won't load it. tried a few times but it would not work. I'll try again later though.
    Looks like the forum ate my URL. Go to m.wund.com on your Curve, and it should pull up just fine.
    08-28-08 08:32 PM
    nope. has an HTTP Error 503 Service Unavailable. just tried it again still same thing.
    08-28-08 08:57 PM
    I went to weatherbug's site and it was a free trial. You know something that I don't? Lol

I guess I do............
    WeatherBug Direct for BlackBerry live local weather plus live temperature and local forecasts direct to your BlackBerry
    08-28-08 09:11 PM
    nope. has an HTTP Error 503 Service Unavailable. just tried it again still same thing.
    try deleting the www prefix BB puts in for you.
    08-28-08 09:37 PM
    I have the local news channel. (2) I also get text mess from the whether ch. Our weather changes to quick too. Both helped the other day when we had 5 tornados very close to my house.

Linda

08-29-08 07:34 AM
    I am a weather enthusiast and have dug through a bunch of these. The best of the web is Weather Underground Mobile. Use it through the BB Browser. The two best apps in my mind are Weatherbug Direct, and The Weather Channel App. Both have very good radars they pull up. I still haven't found an advanced radar software yet, one that will show storm tracks, but also the storm attributes table, like TVS, MESO, POSH, POH,Tops, heights, Direction, etc based on an individual storm cell. if someone finds this, let me know!!!!!!
    08-29-08 03:23 PM
    I use weatherbug and find it very effective for what I need. It tells me the temp, and the chances of rain and such .

08-29-08 03:43 PM
    weather bug is great and FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    08-29-08 03:53 PM
    I got the weather underground to work.

Love it.

I have the radar for my area bookmarked so all I have to do is lick and it is there. animated too.. It rocks. Thanks for the help.
    09-02-08 02:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD