So yeah I got the new Torch 9850 woopdee effin doooo!!!! It's pretty much worthless to me with no apps, the apps I've been using with my Tour at least. I miss Pandora, my Bank of America app, Ebay, etc!!!! But what really ruffles my feathers is the fact that I don't have the Yahoo Fantasy app, and this season is coming up fast... I have big money riding on this fantasy season and if I can't manage my leagues on my phone then I'm getting rid of it ASAP!!!! This sucks!!!!!
    Kobol, protomaxxx and fairygirllv like this.
    08-29-11 06:20 PM
    Isn't the yahoo fantasy football app just a launcher for their mobile website? Pretty sure that's all it is..You should be good on that one and updates will follow with the others...
    08-29-11 06:29 PM
    Apps on a BB? I gave up on any decent BB apps a couple of years ago. You want app - get an iPhone.
    noon21 and GingerSnapsBack like this.
    08-29-11 06:37 PM
    Isn't the yahoo fantasy football app just a launcher for their mobile website? Pretty sure that's all it is..You should be good on that one and updates will follow with the others...
    That's right just a launcher but I still can't find it with this phone. When I search on web for it, it gives me the full site which prevents me from doing some of the things I need to.
    08-29-11 06:40 PM
    Calling the Torch useless is over the top. What did you expect? This always takes a little time. You obviously needed to do a little homework if your life stops with out a few apps before switching devices.

Just reactivate your Tour until the apps are ready if it is that important. If that does not work, you are still within your 30 days for return so you can switch to another OS. As to your thread title,the only BS I see is your lack of research then whining about it.
    diirk, Delil, 16698624 and 2 others like this.
    08-29-11 06:53 PM
    Are you kidding me? I am on Verizon and can't wait to get the damn phone. I will be patient with the apps- but I NEED the phone!!!
    maevinj and Stompy like this.
    08-29-11 06:54 PM
    So yeah I got the new Torch 9850 woopdee effin doooo!!!! It's pretty much worthless to me with no apps, the apps I've been using with my Tour at least. I miss Pandora, my Bank of America app, Ebay, etc!!!! But what really ruffles my feathers is the fact that I don't have the Yahoo Fantasy app, and this season is coming up fast... I have big money riding on this fantasy season and if I can't manage my leagues on my phone then I'm getting rid of it ASAP!!!! This sucks!!!!!
    Please, effin Grow Up!
    08-29-11 07:16 PM
    My bad with the post. I guess I get mediocre respondents. What do you all drive a Tuarus? When I buy a car I expect all the bells and whistles that I pay for, same concept here with the phones!!! If I spend money I expect everything I pay for right away. That is all. No need to settle for mediocracy!!! Am I right? For that I go buy a StarTac and call it a day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    fairygirllv likes this.
    08-29-11 07:51 PM
    I lost some apps when I upgraded to the style from the tour. In time they will be updated... hopefully. The best thing about the playbook is that it internet can replace the need for most of the apps but this is a phone so its a little different.
    08-29-11 08:51 PM
    My bad with the post. I guess I get mediocre respondents. What do you all drive a Tuarus? When I buy a car I expect all the bells and whistles that I pay for, same concept here with the phones!!! If I spend money I expect everything I pay for right away. That is all. No need to settle for mediocracy!!! Am I right? For that I go buy a StarTac and call it a day.

Well then I guess it is obvious that you didn't try the phone or ask questions to the reps before you bought it. Surprised that you aren't using an iPhone instead of a BB if you SO NEED those apps. Are you an only child by chance? lol
    08-29-11 08:59 PM
    My bad with the post. I guess I get mediocre respondents. What do you all drive a Tuarus? When I buy a car I expect all the bells and whistles that I pay for, same concept here with the phones!!! If I spend money I expect everything I pay for right away. That is all. No need to settle for mediocracy!!! Am I right?
    Did you pay for the FREE yahoo fantasy app? I didn't think so. Perhaps you can ask Yahoo to program a launcher for OS7. Or perhaps use google and find this: Yahoo!� Fantasy Football for mobile.

When you are done, return the phone and get an iPhone. You will have more apps than you can handle.
    08-29-11 09:10 PM
    Didn't you get the memo, BB doesn't give a sh about apps. Isn't that why they are so popular with their loyal customers? People that pay more, and expect less.
    08-29-11 09:24 PM

Actually I drive a newer Saleen Mustang GT as a weekend/summer driver and a new Cadillac every other day of the year. Both cost me about the same price, but the 'Stang didn't come with anywhere near the same amount of bells and whistles as the Caddy. Bottom line is I knew EXACTLY what I was getting when I bought both cars. Do your research before you buy something.
    08-29-11 09:27 PM
    Actually I drive a newer Saleen Mustang GT as a weekend/summer driver and a new Cadillac every other day of the year. Both cost me about the same price, but the 'Stang didn't come with anywhere near the same amount of bells and whistles as the Caddy. Bottom line is I knew EXACTLY what I was getting when I bought both cars. Do your research before you buy something.
    Given that it's a Saleen, you paid for the bells n whistles. Saleen extreme?
    08-29-11 10:42 PM
    This is silck
    08-29-11 11:08 PM
    This post, and the other half-dozen like it in this forum, kill me. Rather than whining here, your effort would be much better spent emailing the developers of the apps you want and asking them to update to support OS 7. I don't even have a 9850 yet (waiting on Verizon), yet I've already sent out a couple dozen emails, and received responses from two developers on how to bypass App World and get their apps working until they get the device listing updated.
    Delil, maddie1128 and market58 like this.
    08-30-11 06:59 AM
    While the OP's tone may be a bit off, his point is a good one...There are no apps for BB to speak of compared to other OS's. (I have made the Iphone switch, but only because there were no BBs at VZW and from what I read still aren't.) While I only have like three apps now (no games), I only had the same ones on my BB. I didnt quote who said it, but if apps are a priority, BB is not the way to go.

On a side note, very curious to play on the new touch BB to compare. Miss my LED.
    08-30-11 09:16 AM
    That's right just a launcher but I still can't find it with this phone. When I search on web for it, it gives me the full site which prevents me from doing some of the things I need to.
    Can't you just go to m.yahoo.com and navigate to fantasy football?
    08-30-11 10:32 AM
    While the OP's tone may be a bit off, his point is a good one...There are no apps for BB to speak of compared to other OS's. (I have made the Iphone switch, but only because there were no BBs at VZW and from what I read still aren't.) While I only have like three apps now (no games), I only had the same ones on my BB. I didnt quote who said it, but if apps are a priority, BB is not the way to go.

On a side note, very curious to play on the new touch BB to compare. Miss my LED.
    So you switched to I-phone to get apps but now you only use three. The same three you had on your BB? Wow, good thing you made the switch. Have fun. At least you are cool now with your apple logo.
    08-30-11 10:35 AM
    Please, effin Grow Up!
    Just more of your drivel
    08-30-11 10:58 AM
    EVERYONE here needs to chill some.

OP, contact the developer, or switch phones. Life just ain't that critical. And for Pete sake, if you want help, ask for it.

To all those who love their iphones, kudos. Taint nothing wrong with that, but it's offering no solution to the topic at hand. Every platform has it's limitations. Pick the one that suits you best, and respect others will do the same.
    jonathon.94, maevinj and lssanjose like this.
    08-30-11 11:26 AM
    EVERYONE here needs to chill some.

OP, contact the developer, or switch phones. Life just ain't that critical. And for Pete sake, if you want help, ask for it.

To all those who love their iphones, kudos. Taint nothing wrong with that, but it's offering no solution to the topic at hand. Every platform has it's limitations. Pick the one that suits you best, and respect others will do the same.
    Huh. Huh. Heh. Huhhuh. You said, "taint." *snicker* heheh huhuh.

08-30-11 12:15 PM
    So you switched to I-phone to get apps but now you only use three. The same three you had on your BB? Wow, good thing you made the switch. Have fun. At least you are cool now with your apple logo.
    Dude - take a pill. I switched to Iphone, not for apps but because my Storm died and there were at the time no sign of any new bbs coming out anytime soon, so either I could down grade and lose unlimited or upgrade. Either that or switch carriers which in my area is not an option.

Not an apple or bb fanboy....
    08-30-11 12:28 PM
    You do realize that people need to get the phone in their hands before developers will make apps for it, right?

Using your car reference, as a general rule, new accessories such as rims and chrome parts for cars won't be available until AFTER the car is out on the market.
    maevinj likes this.
    08-30-11 02:52 PM
    Using your car reference, as a general rule, new accessories such as rims and chrome parts for cars won't be available until AFTER the car is out on the market.

i came in to post exactly this.

problem is, you're making too much sense.
    08-30-11 03:09 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD