I went to download a new App tonight and it said I was less than 5mb of memory. Is there a way to change it so it saves my apps on my media card? How can I fix this?

Thanks for any and all help!!

06-28-09 09:53 PM
    Brywvu,

You can't save apps on your media card. The only options that you have are to move all of your media (music, videos, etc) onto the media card to free up space, or you need to delete some programs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-09 11:03 PM
    Yep delete some apps or themes you don't use. Make sure like already stated that your media is on a media card. And last but certainly not least use the "How to increase blackberry's file free memory" thread linked as Memory Optimization in my signature. It should help you free some space.
    06-28-09 11:07 PM
    There is an app called Aerize Card Loader. But the only major drawback is that you can't use the apps while they're on the card. You would have to transfer them back and forth whenever you want to use them.

And 5MB is pretty low on memory! I would suggest you look into this link to help you free up some memory: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

06-28-09 11:10 PM
    I have access to both an 8830 WE and a 8330 curve.

With the curve, I have over 33,000,000 of free space and it's loaded with apps.
    With the world edition, I have half the number of apps, and I'm struggling to get above 9,000,000 even after maximizing the memory with all the tricks (it was down to 0 - scary - before I started dumping apps and optimizing).

Does the WE just have less memory? Does anyone know? Is there anything that can be done about it?
    07-01-09 11:32 PM
    The WE was made to be a business phone and it was never intended to be used as a multimedia device, or a gaming device, etc... If you have a 8830 and sit around 10mb after a few hrs of use then you are doing really good.
    07-01-09 11:39 PM
    Good to know. Thanks!
    07-01-09 11:46 PM
    Good to know. Thanks!
    Do you have a Curve or a 8830WE?
    07-01-09 11:47 PM
    My spouse got a BB 8830 WE about a year and a half ago and did practically nothing with it as far as customizing it. I got my 8330 curve in March and have been obsessed with customizing it.
    Last edited by SleeperSell; 07-29-09 at 02:21 PM.
    07-02-09 07:58 PM
    My 8830WE has the following apps:

Google Maps
    Twitter
    Telenav
    Gmail
    GPS Tracker
    AIM
    Quick Pull
    Google Sync
    Bolt
    Facebook
    Tetherberry

Out of those 11 apps, I only even run Gmail and Google Sync in the background daily. Throughout the day I also run Facebook. A few times a week (or less) I run Telenav, Google Maps, and Twitter. Very rarely I run AIM, Twtherberry, QuickPull and Bolt. GPS Tracker is installed so that if my phone is ever lost/stolen, when it is rebooted, the program will auto-launch (along with a password timeout so when the phone is rebooted, you need a password to unlock).

With the above apps installed and the combined usage I just listed- I average about 6MB or less per day. 6MB when I reboot, and at the end of the day 1MB or less. Sad, I know. In the past, when I've uninstalled Google Maps, my file free jumped from 6MB to 11-12MB. With Facebook uninstaled along with Google Maps, I've seen 14-15MB file free. I've never seen any higher than that, even with a new device/fresh OS install.

In addition to the above, I should point out that I have memory cleaning enabled, I clear out the browser cache/history and the event log a few times a week...sometimes less. I've also ran the Max Mem program in the past, and deleted all of those unnecessary files. I have my media card settings set to 15MB, and all files reside on the card. All 3 photos...lol. I do not have any themes installed. I've also from time to time installed Slacker/Iheart radio - but with those apps in addition to the above, it was just too much. App world was a bit much as well...so I no longer have that installed.

I'd be curious to see others repost with their information.

Michael

07-02-09 09:17 PM
    The 8330 had about 32MB more memory than the 8830WE, which makes a huge difference in loading and running apps. That and the camera are things that make the Curve an attractive option.

I'm hoping to see the Tour make its way to USCC and will retire me 8830 to take advantage of the added memory and camera.

07-02-09 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD