After updating blackberry app world, lost all my archived apps, even one's I paid for (mobile checkbook, calmbiance). I've logged into app world, then my world to log into my paypal acct, but I keep getting this message, unable to authenticate user at this time. Please try again later. I've been trying for 2 days. Sent e-mails to merchants and all they say is to log in to my world and paypal. Did battery pull, didn't help. Any advice? Thanks. 8900, os 4.6.1.319!
    03-12-10 09:01 AM
    The login page automatically backfills your default e-mail address. Is this the e-mail you used when you originally created your app world account?

If that isn't the case, I'm not sure. I've had this problem before, although not for as long as you have. In my case, it seemed to just be that app world was not accepting the login for whatever reason and it corrected itself a day or so later. I would double check your e-mail and password and if you are sure those are correct, keep trying for a while longer before panicking
    03-12-10 10:43 AM
    Thanks, I'll give it a couple of days. I hope I can get them back.
    03-12-10 10:49 AM
    You could try to reset it. Open My World, then Hold ALT and type R S T. It will totally freeze up your phone for many minutes. You may have to do a battery pull (a real one) to get it back. But all should be right with your World.

Before doing this, back up your device, and also your media card contents.
    03-12-10 11:22 AM
    Thanks ttfmaep
    No luck! I logged into my app world hit alt the R S T and nothing happen :-( Guess I'll have to wait and see what happens. Seems to be safer to purchase from crackberry.
    03-12-10 02:24 PM
    You were in My World, not just App World, right? I have used that successfully a couple of times to fix My World problems, but I haven't had your exact problem. I have not upgraded to the latest version of App World because of the problems people have been reporting, and App World hasn't notified me of an upgrade, and I don't need anything from it right now.

And you're right, it's safer to purchase from Crackberry. App World has these advantages that I have noticed: you can archive to your media card, App World tells you how much memory the app needs, and App World pushes out the nice little update notification icon. On the other hand, Crackberry (or MobiHand) also stores your order history and will send you notification of updates via email. I have received several such notifications within minutes of the developer releasing the update.
    03-12-10 03:18 PM
    Love the search button! Had to do the above on my wife's Tour for her My World to show apps and send upgrade notifications! Thanks Crackberry!
    05-28-10 12:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD