Dostogo help would lead one to believe it will access a MS Word/Office email attachment. I can’t figure out how. I tried this using BB OS beta 4.5.0.18 (which is running and stable on my Curve) and includes a trial version of Docstogo. I am interested in any information, opinions, or other software solutions that might do this job.
    I ran a version of this request yesterday on the Curve thread and received a grand total of zero responses there. Hopefully I will get some here. Thanks a lot.
    05-22-08 11:06 AM
    The OS 4.3 on my pearl can access word and pdfs. I havent tested excel yet. I dont think the Office 2007 files can be accessed but previous versions can be opened w/o issues.
    05-22-08 11:19 AM
    Are those docs you accessed email attachments? If so what are the steps? Thanks
    05-22-08 11:28 AM
    Yes they are email attachments. Once you get the email just scroll down to the attachment and press your menu key or trackball which will pop up a menu. Scroll to "open attachment" and it'll do the job for you. Sometimes the fonts can look tiny and zooming in doesnt help. In that case you have to press the menu key/track ball again and select "full page" instead of zoom. That way it accesses more bytes from the server and opens your document with a higher resolution instead of zooming in on a crappy low resolution copy.
    05-22-08 11:32 AM
    On my copy the "open attachment" wont work. That is my problem. This is getting interesting. What version of 4.3 are you running? I am on 4.5.0.18. I have to logoff now for a while but will return later. Thanks for the input ADberry.
    05-22-08 11:48 AM
    My version is 4.3.0.115. When you get an email with an attachment, does it have the paper clip symbol on it? I am not sure about this but I think that if that symbol's there then it recognizes the attachment format and will open it but if the files lacks that symbol then it doesnt recognize the format and even though you see the attachment once you open your email you wont be able to access it.
    05-22-08 11:52 AM
    Problem solved. I was testing with a very old Word doc, would you believe 15 years old?). Not smart. It didn't open that one, but after I got back I had my wife email 2003 vintage xls and doc file, both of which worked. Now I will try pdf too and see what happens. Since this problem was of my own making, it seems 4.5.0.18 is functioning nicely on my Curve. I can't get anything else to fail. Thanks again ADberry.
    05-22-08 02:54 PM
    No probs. Glad it worked for you. Just check out the latest pdf thread. There we discussed some problems that one may face while accessing pdfs and how you can get over them.

Thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/vie...f-files-37803/
    Last edited by ADberry; 05-22-08 at 03:10 PM.
    05-22-08 03:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD