Just deleted the worthless Weather Channel App (although a very good TV station). That snail was loaded with bugs, took about 5 minutes to do anything, and was just a complete waste and I deleted it. However I still have been unable to get back the 2-3MB it took up, even though I did delete the garbage app. I emailed weather channel and we shall see.

Currently I use Pocket Express which just works. Maybe I am playing with fire by wanting more features, but what are you using?

Please do not mention anything in beta or 1.x. I dont want more problems, and I dont want to be fiddling with this BB. Its not designed to be a iphone replacement where one could load 15 billion apps and have no problems. Do that on the BB and you will have a ton of issues. So I wnat to keep my machine clean and simple.
    12-19-09 05:18 PM
    BerryWeather 2.0. It's a 2.0 app, and it runs perfectly on my S2. It is a paid app, running $9.95, but I picked it up for 50% off as a CrackBerry Deal of the Day. You can try it free for three days, though, so you can see if it would really fill all your needs.

BerryWeather has a ton of features, which are easily accessible from the menu, in it's 5.0 OS incarnation, you can even use your "home" location as the homescreen wallpaper. Check it out...
    12-19-09 05:53 PM
    I got WeatherEye and its pretty good. Had WeatherBug on my PC a while ago and I might check that out. But WeatherEye is good enuff for me. Then again, so is stepping out my door. Lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-09 05:55 PM
    I really like WeatherBug Direct - WeatherBug Direct For Blackberry. In addition to the current temp at your chosen location, it has 6 other channels you can display if you want that many icons - forecast, pollen, storms, air quality, UV, and Settings.
    Others really like the BlackBerry weather app in the App Store. I have no experience with that.

12-19-09 05:56 PM
    I've been pleased with bbweather, and that's thru 3 different 5.0 hybrid OS's
    12-19-09 05:58 PM
    BerryWeather is a winner in my book. That is the only app I ever spent so much money to buy ($9.95) and worth every penny. No subscription fees. Lots of features.

12-19-09 06:25 PM

12-19-09 06:33 PM
    BBWeather, love it and it's free.
    12-19-09 07:17 PM
    I purchased BerryWeather at 50% off and just love it. Nice features with lots of options to set up the way you want it. Any issues I just go to the Bellshare website and log into their forum. The forums are very helpful.
    12-19-09 07:59 PM
    Another vote for BerryWeather, great app with lots of features and alert settings. It's the one you want. Probably one of the best BB apps out there.
    12-19-09 08:25 PM
    I like weather bug best
    12-19-09 08:54 PM
    I use BBWeather and its free. Its really good, shows you temp in the icon and can show temp/condition if you configure it. very easy on the eyes.
    12-19-09 11:13 PM
    I've tried about every one and settled on BerryWeather. It had all the features I wanted in one app. Now they get their weather data from weatherunderground which has improved accuracy. You also have access to other stations in the area from which it can gather the weather data. Access to radar maps is excellent, in fact you can add extra maps from your favorite sources as well as the built-in/regular map. The biggest feature I wanted was GPS weather data. I wanted to know weather conditions wherever I go when traveling. BerryWeather has that. Visually, its the best and the options for customizing your various views is unparalleled.

12-20-09 04:04 AM
    I should check some of these out. Barry weather looks nice but it costs money which is a problem. But thanks anyways!

By the way how do I download Bsak or whatever the name of a app to clean up the mess that the Weather Channel left? I deleted BB App world and it did not clean up the mess left by Weather Channel.

Thanks,

John
    12-20-09 07:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD