I'm running AT&T's latest release, and can't get any of the App World 4.0 versions to work. I was trying to see if I could fix it by deleting, and restoring it. Didn't work, and now I can't download version 3.0 which is the last version that worked for me. Anywho, what I really want to know is, does anyone have a dl for App World version 3.something? Thanks!
    02-08-13 09:47 PM
    App world ver 3.1.4.25
    Attached Files
    02-10-13 05:06 PM
    App world ver 3.1.4.25
    Hey thanks! I really appreciate that! Unfortunately, that version didn't work for me either. After installing it, the App World icon wouldn't show up? If you've got anything earlier than that, it would be much appreciated. If not, I understand. If it helps, I'm running 9800/6.0.0.600 on AT&T. Thanks again!
    02-10-13 10:24 PM
    Maybe you've already tried this, but I have to ask, did you try a reboot (battery pull) after the install?
    02-11-13 12:20 AM
    Maybe you've already tried this, but I have to ask, did you try a reboot (battery pull) after the install?

Many, many, many, many times.
    02-11-13 01:26 AM
    Many, many, many, many times.
    Just wanted to be sure. Some have gone through this without ever rebooting. Reboot, and it's there.

But others have had your problem of it never showing up. And I don't know what it is when that happens.

I have a 9800 with OS build 749. I've loaded App World many times over the course of lots of OS updates. Only once did the icon disappear. But a reboot brought it back. Sorry I'm not much help beyond that.
    02-11-13 03:22 PM
    Just wanted to be sure. Some have gone through this without ever rebooting. Reboot, and it's there.

But others have had your problem of it never showing up. And I don't know what it is when that happens.

I have a 9800 with OS build 749. I've loaded App World many times over the course of lots of OS updates. Only once did the icon disappear. But a reboot brought it back. Sorry I'm not much help beyond that.
    I've been told that it's because my OS is out of date. I'm running the 9800/6.0.0.600 from AT&T, and apparently, the newest update of App World doesn't work with it. I can't update my OS either cause my son ripped half the keys off my laptop. So here I am begging for a download of App World that works for me. Thanks for the help though!
    02-11-13 03:45 PM
    Have a look at http://rroyy.com/apps/ there are loads of archived old versions of most BlackBerry apps. Have used it myself in the past. Hope it heps.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-12-13 01:33 AM
    do u have bis?
    02-16-13 02:52 AM
    do u have bis?
    Yes I do.
    02-16-13 09:11 AM
    Bump. Anybody?
    02-26-13 08:17 PM
    I've been told that it's because my OS is out of date. I'm running the 9800/6.0.0.600 from AT&T, and apparently, the newest update of App World doesn't work with it. I can't update my OS either cause my son ripped half the keys off my laptop. So here I am begging for a download of App World that works for me. Thanks for the help though!
    I can almost guarantee that the automatic wipe that is performed with an OS reload or OS upgrade will fix your issue.
    You will most likely be able to download and use the current version of BlackBerry World without issue.

From what you state it seems you already know the process to reload or update your OS.
    However, FYI. You don't need any "keys" to type any text to reload or upgrade your OS. No text is entry required.
    All you need is the mouse pad as well as left & right click mouse buttons.

Point & click on your PC history to get to the forums.
    Point & click to download the latest OS which can be located in the device forums stickies.
    Point & click to download to/install from your preferred destination folder for the OS.
    Point & click to open nested folders to delete any vendor.xml files in the AppLoader folder.
    Point & click to open AppLoader and click next after you connect and see your PIN.
    Point & click to add/remove any apps or languages.
    Point & click to complete the process.

Try that and let us know if there is any progress.

HTH.
    02-27-13 12:11 AM
    I can almost guarantee that the automatic wipe that is performed with an OS reload or OS upgrade will fix your issue.
    You will most likely be able to download and use the current version of BlackBerry World without issue.

From what you state it seems you already know the process to reload or update your OS.
    However, FYI. You don't need any "keys" to type any text to reload or upgrade your OS. No text is entry required.
    All you need is the mouse pad as well as left & right click mouse buttons.

Point & click on your PC history to get to the forums.
    Point & click to download the latest OS which can be located in the device forums stickies.
    Point & click to download to/install from your preferred destination folder for the OS.
    Point & click to open nested folders to delete any vendor.xml files in the AppLoader folder.
    Point & click to open AppLoader and click next after you connect and see your PIN.
    Point & click to add/remove any apps or languages.
    Point & click to complete the process.

Try that and let us know if there is any progress.

HTH.
    Thanks for the reply! Actually, even before my son destroyed the keyboard on my laptop, I couldn't get DM to install. Basically, my laptop is a piece of sh*t, and doesn't work right, hence the need for an OTA of App World. Anywho, thanks for helping, it is much appreciated.
    02-27-13 12:52 AM
    Have a look at RROYY - APPLICATIONS there are loads of archived old versions of most BlackBerry apps. Have used it myself in the past. Hope it heps.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    The versions (even the archive version) he has on his site are two new for my phone. I messaged him twice on Twitter, and got no reply. He's usually pretty good about coming up with stuff I need, so I guess this means he doesn't have the version I need.
    02-27-13 12:55 AM
    Thanks for the reply! Actually, even before my son destroyed the keyboard on my laptop, I couldn't get DM to install. Basically, my laptop is a piece of sh*t, and doesn't work right, hence the need for an OTA of App World. Anywho, thanks for helping, it is much appreciated.
    Ahhh, I see. You didn't mention the full extend of the situation. Sorry, I didn't know that.
    The version that you're asking for is really old, and I doubt anyone here would have it, especially OTA except possibly rroyy as mentioned earlier.
    But hey, you never know. So keep looking.

The only thing I would recommend at this point is to see if you can temporarily use a friend's or family member's PC to rectify this.

Good Luck!
    02-27-13 07:03 AM
    Ahhh, I see. You didn't mention the full extend of the situation. Sorry, I didn't know that.
    The version that you're asking for is really old, and I doubt anyone here would have it, especially OTA except possibly rroyy as mentioned earlier.
    But hey, you never know. So keep looking.

The only thing I would recommend at this point is to see if you can temporarily use a friend's or family member's PC to rectify this.

Good Luck!
    I kinda figured that ultimately, I was SOL, but I thought it was worth a try. Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it!
    02-27-13 07:41 AM