I usually leave my BB sitting on my desk during the day. When an email arrives, I have to hit the space bar to turn the backlight on to see who its from. Is there an app that will automatically turn on the backlight when an email arrives so I can just look at it to see who it is from?
    08-04-10 11:42 AM
    08-04-10 11:48 AM
    App works great...that's what I'd do.
    08-05-10 08:28 AM
    BerryPopup is a nice little app.
    08-05-10 08:38 AM
    08-05-10 08:42 AM
    BerryPopUp is great.
    08-05-10 08:58 AM
    I used to use berry popup and loved it. Now I use it only for weather advisories. As mentioned above, use Leave It On. Its an amazing app and makes berrypopup look outdated. Its cheaper and there's currently an open beta here in the 3rd party forum. I think it sells for 3.99, then you can upgrade from 2.0 in the appstore to the 3.0 beta here in the forums. It not only supports more apps to notify from, but also allows you to control what apps you want to leave the backlight on with (like clock/stopwatch or google maps or even whenever you charge your berry). I use it to keep the light on when I have my 9700 in its pod so I can see my homescreen pic + berryweather current temp.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    08-05-10 10:26 AM
    I used to use berry popup and loved it. Now I use it only for weather advisories. As mentioned above, use Leave It On. Its an amazing app and makes berrypopup look outdated. Its cheaper and there's currently an open beta here in the 3rd party forum. I think it sells for 3.99, then you can upgrade from 2.0 in the appstore to the 3.0 beta here in the forums. It not only supports more apps to notify from, but also allows you to control what apps you want to leave the backlight on with (like clock/stopwatch or google maps or even whenever you charge your berry). I use it to keep the light on when I have my 9700 in its pod so I can see my homescreen pic + berryweather current temp.

I didnt see leave it on 3.0 open beta.did i miss it?
    08-05-10 10:31 AM
    ===== QUOTE brendonlee ====

===== /QUOTE ====

I didnt see leave it on 3.0 open beta.did i miss it?
    Its here in the 3rd party apps forum somewhere. I'm on my berry so I can efficiently look for it. I think its actually an open beta for "Leave It On 2.1" but when you get the download its labeled 3.0 beta.

08-05-10 10:43 AM
    Its here in the 3rd party apps forum somewhere. I'm on my berry so I can efficiently look for it. I think its actually an open beta for "Leave It On 2.1" but when you get the download its labeled 3.0 beta.

ok cool i'll search for it.
    08-05-10 11:08 AM
    Berry Popup is good...

If you leave your phone on your desk all day you should look into sync apps. There are a lot of great sync apps you can get so you open a tab on your computer with a phone home screen and when messages pop up they go to your computer and you can view and respond from there... Pretty cool!
    08-05-10 11:19 AM
    +1 for leave it on. Even has animated icons, and the developer is awesome! Really responds to people and tries to give them what they want. Actually alot of people's suggestions from the thread on here has gone into the app. I have the beta and absolutely love it. Give it a shot, you wont be dissapointed
    08-05-10 05:47 PM
    QuickLaunch notificatioms also pop up and turn on the backlight.
    08-05-10 06:57 PM
    I use Leave It On
    08-05-10 07:31 PM
    Definitely Leave It On, especially with the version 3 beta.
    08-05-10 07:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD