Hello I have a verizon Bold 9930. I have a problem with my carrier, I couldn't get the service book from them. I already tried lot of solution but nothing worked.
    I get my father bold 9900 and i puted my sim everything worked well. So I'm wondering, if I use BBSAK to copy service book from my father's device to mine it will certainly work.

Anyone have an idea on how to take this service book using BBSAK? On which file I have to find them?

I read this : ww.blackberryos.com/blackberry-how-guides/6313-how-browser-fix-t-5-0-os-using-bbsak.html

But in this article they download AT&T service books .ipd file from AT T website. I'm not in US, I'm in Africa and my carrier don't provide service book on their website.

Edit :I put my sim on my father's device and everything worked weel so I used BBSAK : I read the system and saved all the COD(s) of my father 9930. In which one of this files I can find the service books in order to copy it on my 9930?
    Anyone have an idea? Will it work? Does one of this files contain the service books?

Thank you for your help.
    01-23-12 05:27 AM
    I didn't realize BBSAK could copy service books.

Try these steps:

Go to your Host Routing Table and hit the Blackberry Button. Click Register Now. See if that sends your service books. You need to have Data services turned on.

BTW, that guide you read explains how to transfer the browser from one phone to another, not the service books. You can only get service books either through your carrier, sent through your Host Routing Table, or through a Desktop Manager .ipd file.

You can also try this:

Open Desktop Manager
    Connect the 9900
    Do a selective backup of the service books
    Disconnect the 9900
    Connect the 9930
    Do a selective restore of the Service books

Note: If your phone is locked to verizon, you might have problems getting service books from another carrier.

Anyway, good luck
    Last edited by RS500; 01-23-12 at 06:00 AM. Reason: add info
    01-23-12 05:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD