I have tried Blackberry Traffic. Although the app looks nice, it gets lost even on major highways. Does Blackberry Maps or Google Maps have navigation? I can't seem to find this functionality.

I downloaded LifeInPocket and it couldn't seem to link up to the the GPS. Plus I HATED how it linked up to all the other apps.

Are there any other free navigation apps? I've seen Waze in appworld, but haven't tried it as I am trying to figure out if BB Maps or Google Maps has navigation first.

Also, I'm on a small data plan. Are the navigation apps data hogs?
    08-17-12 02:33 PM
    You might give Telmap Navigator a try. You can get it at Telmap Navigator on BlackBerry - Telmap

Telmap Navigator is in appworld but only for users in the UK, but you can sign up for the beta at telmap.com or get it from the link above. When signing up, if your country does not show, just pick any one from the dropdown.

Voice Guided with free optional voices, favorites, spoken street names, drive/walk, etc.

You can also find more alternatives in the GPS & Mapping forum here.
    08-17-12 05:44 PM
    Google Maps and BlackBerry Maps both will give you directions, but not Turn-by-Turn Voice prompts.
    08-18-12 01:46 AM
    Try OsmAnd(it's in App World), it's free..

It's a good GPS app, which allows you to dld voice commands from a lot of languages.

And maps too, for offline travelling.

Give at go, and the search for the OsmAnd thread for more answers

Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    08-18-12 02:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD