anyone here try this app. at all? Would you recommend it?
    11-11-07 05:25 PM
    I am going back and forth between nav4all and amAze. i like how you can send your location via sms... not sure i would ever do it, but i thought it was cool... amAze seems prettier looking and shows your progress (on a trip) on the map as well.

I haven't decided which i like better... i really liked telenav (9.99/month) but i really dont want to pay for it. The 3D maps are the best.
    11-12-07 04:24 PM
    i've tried both amaze and nav4all as well, and have to say i like nav4all more--surprisingly.

nav4all is more spartan in terms of the interface, but amaze is more spartan when it comes to available options.

amaze just did not work on my blackberry, it kept giving me gps errors and connection errors--the program was pretty much unusable. also, when it did work, it would occassionally 'disconnect' from the gps puck, leaving me stranded in the middle of a route.

nav4all is more reliable overall, it has an odd quirk where it keeps asking for bluetooth access even though bluetooth is on and nav4all has permission to access it--but other than that, it's worked great, and i like the neat feature where you can add 'favorites' via GPS rather than manually entering an address. big timesaver!
    12-11-07 09:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD