I was used with my nokia e65 to have the name of the contact that was calling me to be 'read' by the phone while it was ringing.. Was perfect especially when i had my phone away.. Is there such an option in the Bold or maybe with any application?

Thank you!
    11-04-08 04:15 PM
    i think the only way to get that would be to edit the ringtone/make a ringtone say the name and then have music or something and then set it up as the ringtone besides that i dont think there is a app for that
    11-04-08 08:05 PM
    This may not be what your looking for, but Vlingo repeats the name (if you want it to) before calling.
    It's a voice dialing/texting application. Just say "Call ***" and it will say "Calling ***"
    It will also repeat the title or whole message when using Vlingo to say/type your emails/text messages.

I have read many users who don't like it because of having to edit before sending texts, but the more you use it, the better & faster it becomes. It really does learn your habits, but you have to stick with it.

I hope this helps & is what your looking for. If not, just ignore me
    11-05-08 10:16 AM
    I need it to repeat the name what i have incoming call not when calling or texting someone..
    11-05-08 10:18 AM
    Oops, my bad
    Your best bet would be to record (voice recorder) for each entry you would want.
    Set the voice memo as a ringer for each contact.
    11-05-08 10:24 AM
    looool! Tha would take aaaaaaaaages Nice try though Thanks!
    11-05-08 10:36 AM
    Maybe one good reason to record your own as not4no1 offered is that... You can understand your own voice and pronounce every name as it should be. Text to Voice is notorious for butchering names and words.
    11-05-08 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD