Hi there. I am super frustrated becaue I cant figure out why Facebook all of a sudden seems to have deleted the last couple weeks or so of information (messages,friend request,photos etc.) Does not update when I update it online. I have looked at the help site but needless to say it didnt help. Did I accidentally push something? Does have to do with specific account settings? Does my phone just hate me now??

Anyone have this problem? Any help?
    02-20-09 04:54 PM
    Just delete it and re install it. Why
    Would you care about history.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 05:01 PM
    My facebook application has stopped tellint me when I have an alert, even though on the mobile witr I have new notifications. Think a delete and fresh install is in order for me!

02-20-09 05:07 PM
    tried to re-install the facebook app when I experienced problems early on but consequently gave up on it when the problems still existed. The app definitely needs updating capabilities like auto synchronization...two thumbs down overall
    02-20-09 05:09 PM
    I noticed it too. I think it's a memory issue. When you have tons of old notifications it seems like it does 1 or 2 things:
    • Either it stops notifying ytou all together, or
    • Deletes some of your prior notifications (just enough to get a few more in)

I found that if you delete the older notifications then you will be able to get them in on time. No need to reinstall.

One more thing about the late notifications. I don't thing thats completely accurate. The way FB get's its notifications is via EMAIL. If your email is coming in slowly then obviously there will be latency in the notifications. The FB app is not to blame for this.
    02-20-09 05:15 PM
    lol mine works great
    02-20-09 06:15 PM
    I haven't had a problem with the Facebook App since I got my storm in early Dec. UNTIL...lol seems to be a reoccuring Storm word, but anyway until last week. Now I have the same issues as you, sometimes I get notified of Facebook by email, sometimes but the program, no idea why but I do get all my notifications. I wouldn't worry about it because we need/DESERVE a better App for facebook, one where you don't need to go onto the website to comment on stautses or continue convo's other than wall and personal messages.
    02-20-09 06:56 PM
    I hate the facebook app, can never do anything i wanna do, cant even see my own pictures! have to go the the regular site to do that and have never gotten notifcations
    02-20-09 07:00 PM
    Mine seems to work ok. I always get my notifications, most of the time the notification hits my phone before I get the email.
    02-20-09 07:47 PM
    My facebook app menu would mess up quite frequently. The menu would show everything in the wrong order or not at all. The only way I could fix it was to do a battery pull.

02-21-09 11:34 AM
    Mine works fine. I got my storm in January though so idk.
    02-22-09 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD