ok,

I will admit to follow the OS junkies in here and have proceeded to upgrade my OS for obvious reasons other than better and faster.

I enjoy better battery life!!

Now, when I had the MYSPACE app installed on .167 it worked fine, since upgrading form .185 .190 and now currently at .210, I noticed that when I download the application it will show in my app list, yet I cannot find the app icon anywhere on my bold. Also I noticed that when I run myspace from my browser, it will only allow me to access the site from the mobile version and not the HTML version.

is anyone else here experiencing that same issue?

and solutions? (other then going back to .167 aka the battery killer??)
    01-05-09 02:01 PM
    I'm running .185 and it is working fine here.
    01-05-09 02:04 PM
    I has worked on every version OS I ever tried. And that has been them all.
    01-05-09 02:05 PM
    I has worked on every version OS I ever tried. And that has been them all.

ok 2 questions then,

when you download it. once it was finished did it give you the option to run the program or did it just offer you an ok choice?

also where did you find your myspace icon once it was downloaded? like I said it shows as an installed application but I can seem to find it anywhere on my bold.
    01-05-09 02:06 PM
    ok,

I will admit to follow the OS junkies in here and have proceeded to upgrade my OS for obvious reasons other than better and faster.

I enjoy better battery life!!

Now, when I had the MYSPACE app installed on .167 it worked fine, since upgrading form .185 .190 and now currently at .210, I noticed that when I download the application it will show in my app list, yet I cannot find the app icon anywhere on my bold. Also I noticed that when I run myspace from my browser, it will only allow me to access the site from the mobile version and not the HTML version.

is anyone else here experiencing that same issue?

and solutions? (other then going back to .167 aka the battery killer??)
    the application is in your downloads folder
    01-05-09 02:08 PM
    all apps dloaded are put in the download folder..check there
    01-05-09 02:08 PM
    the application is in your downloads folder
    you can only access the site from your mobile browser because the site recognizes that you are on a mobile device
    ok its nowhere in my downloads folder,

also I realize that myspace recognizes that you are on a phone but then why does it offer you to go to mobile version and HTML version?
    01-05-09 02:10 PM
    HHHmmm I just downloaded it again and this time it asked me to reboot the phone.

maybe it will show up this time.

great with the 5 min bold reboots!!!!

iphone never took this long. than again the iphone SUCKED!!!
    01-05-09 02:14 PM
    ok its nowhere in my downloads folder,

also I realize that myspace recognizes that you are on a phone but then why does it offer you to go to mobile version and HTML version?
    are u on 3G or edge when you try to go to the full page? i just tried and i am able to on WiFi and 3g
    do a battery pull then check for the Myspace app in downloads and you can also check in the applications folder...make sure the theme you have is not a third party theme, sometimes they are iffy when it comes to displaying stuff
    01-05-09 02:17 PM
    No themes at all,

it IS in my applications folder.

Ive done the battery pull.

I am usually in 3G when I access the site.

I am on wifi now and when I log on the desktop version and click login and routes me back to the page that gives you the option to install the mysapce app as well as the mobile version and desktop version
    01-05-09 02:20 PM
    so select the desktop version and tell me what it does to let you know you cant access it...
    make sure you allow HTML in your browser settings
    01-05-09 02:22 PM
    so select the desktop version and tell me what it does to let you know you cant access it...
    make sure you allow HTML in your browser settings
    I select the destop version and it gives me the HTML page that you would see on your desktop with the login screen.

I login my email and passcode and click log in.

then it reroutes me right back to the page that you get when you access myspace form the mobile browser. the page that gives you the option to download the app, view it in mobile or in desktop.

im not frstrated but seriously, this thing seems to now want to function smoothly at all with this.
    01-05-09 02:25 PM
    its not your BB its Myspace
    it just did the same thing to me
    i dont have javascript enabled ...let me see if thats the culprit
    01-05-09 02:31 PM
    actually its not Myspace its your BB and mine ..lol
    you have to have javascript enabled to view the full Myspace page
    go enable javascript then go sign in

i had it disabled because the browser is faster without javascript enabled
    01-05-09 02:34 PM
    actually its not Myspace its your BB and mine ..lol
    you have to have javascript enabled to view the full Myspace page
    go enable javascript then go sign in

i had it disabled because the browser is faster without javascript enabled
    I did that giant, I enabled everything and even cleared the cache and cookies and browser memory. it sill wont shop me the application when I download it (even though it shows up in my applications list in settings)

also does the same thing when I try and go to the website, redirects me back to the original page with the app download and viewing options.

im over it. im gonna "try" going back to .167 and see if it works and if it does im gonna suck it up and go back to .210 before my battery dies hehehe
    01-05-09 02:40 PM
    the application is not in your applications FOLDER??
    dont go back to anything i think you're looking in the wrong place
    it HAS to be on your home page either in the application folder or in the downloads folder
    01-05-09 02:49 PM
    my friend has this same exact issue! He gave me the phone to figure it out, and i have searched everywhere. Download folder, main screen. battery pull, deleted the program and redownloaded and still nothing!
    01-24-09 09:33 PM
    hey buddy did u ever find out the problem with the myspace app im having the exact same issue
    02-11-09 09:35 AM
    Did you guys select Show All from the menu in case it's hidden? Why it would be hidden by default is beyond me, but you never know.
    02-11-09 09:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD