Hello,

I downloaded the Myspace App. I went to my phone settings and set it to alert me when I get a new message. I turned the tone on, selected a ring tone, etc. I made sure it was right. I have done resets. When I get a new message on Myspace, no alerts come up. I still have to go in and check it. I want it to alert me like my e-mail does.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Another question, I don't use the Facebook App. When I go to Apps to delete it, the Facebook App is not there.
    04-12-09 08:45 AM
    In order for myspace to alert you, you have to keep the app open in the background. You have to just use the end call key to get out of it. You can't log out. The facebook app is probably in your service booksn which are pushed to your phone by your carrier, so you can't delete the icon. As long as you don't click on the icon and download the app, it won't take up memory and you can just hide the icon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-09 12:29 PM
    In order for myspace to alert you, you have to keep the app open in the background. You have to just use the end call key to get out of it. You can't log out. The facebook app is probably in your service booksn which are pushed to your phone by your carrier, so you can't delete the icon. As long as you don't click on the icon and download the app, it won't take up memory and you can just hide the icon.

I do that. I never log out of it. It stays logged in yet it doesn't alert me.
    04-12-09 01:17 PM
    And when you were talking about phone settings, you went into profiles-advanced-active-myspace? Make sure to set it to tone, and then pick the tone. Also make sure it is not on mute.

04-12-09 01:38 PM
    I dont know if this helps, but my myspace and facebook apps have been acting weird all week as far as my alerts go....my facebook is acting normal again but I had to delete and re download both...myspace seems to still be iffy or delayed
    04-12-09 01:45 PM
    And when you were talking about phone settings, you went into profiles-advanced-active-myspace? Make sure to set it to tone, and then pick the tone. Also make sure it is not on mute.

Yes, I did that. I think I might need to redownload it.
    04-12-09 05:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD