• Good

21 38.18%
  • Average

6 10.91%
  • Below Average

0 0%
  • Needs Completely Re-Done

2 3.64%
    This program has become indispensable, and the developer is great and quick to respond.

There are some things I would like to see in future versions:

1. When you click on an item, I would love to see a popup giving you the full description of the item. On a small screen, if you have similar items, such as

Tomatoes, Diced,
    Tomatoes, Crushed,
    Tomatoes, Grape

All you see is tomatoes displayed when you do a search, and the only way to determine which item it is is to click on the item and select Edit Item. This is a pain.

I suppose yes, you could try entering the word diced, or crushed, or grape to get the proper item, but when I am in a hurry, a general term like tomatoes is what comes to mind. So by displaying a banner, I can quickly select the proper item. I keep bumping up against this and have been meaning to post this feature request here.

2. It would also be nice not to have to select Edit Item every time to change the quantity. I don't know if it's possible to have a qty column that is a drop-down item, but I have had this on the Palm OS for so long that it's hard to get used to. It is probably not possible on the Blackberry OS.

3. Sometimes, I have accidentally selected Add an Item rather than something else in the menu. And I cannot back out of the Add Item box once I am in it. Is it possible to allow users to get out of this box by hitting Escape? It would be very handy to have this feature, because if not, if I make a mistake, I am forced to add an item just to get out of the box, then go back and delete the item. It seems like something that can be fixed.

I know I have other suggestions and will try to post them when they come to mind.

Thanks,

Elizabeth K.
    Little confused about number 1 but I probably didn't read it properly and will look back over it.

With the latest version you can control the quantity of an item using the volume up and down keys when an item is highlighted.

And with number 3, this should've been resolved with the latest version also but I may need to go back and make sure it is properly fixed.

Thank you for the suggestions!
    01-28-10 05:15 PM
    Here I have done a search for tomatoes.

http://eklisiewicz.smugmug.com/Other...59_qWcxk-S.jpg

As you can see, if I have a long description, it is truncated as shown in this capture, and only by selecting the item and selecting Edit Item from the menu can I see the full description.

What would be helpful would be if one could see a pop up that looks something like this one with the full item description:

http://eklisiewicz.smugmug.com/Other...43_BTxqT-S.jpg

Does this make sense now?
    01-28-10 06:44 PM
    Here I have done a search for tomatoes.

http://eklisiewicz.smugmug.com/Other...59_qWcxk-S.jpg

As you can see, if I have a long description, it is truncated as shown in this capture, and only by selecting the item and selecting Edit Item from the menu can I see the full description.

What would be helpful would be if one could see a pop up that looks something like this one with the full item description:

http://eklisiewicz.smugmug.com/Other...43_BTxqT-S.jpg

Does this make sense now?
    Yes it does thank you.

I'll do what I can to implement this in the next update!
    02-03-10 06:14 PM
    did you try using the "MyCart" restore function?

if you haven't already started writing a new list to replace the previous you could have restored the lists from MyCart > Options > Restore,

unfortunately, if you have started a new list, that will have replaced any old backups.

i understand that this isn't very apparent or self explanatory but i will be making major updates to improve the current backup/restore system (as well as the overall app design based on users ideas) to ensure that this will never happen again to anyone! and i do apologise for the inconvenience this may have caused.
    This made my day.. Got back all my lists ^^ This app is just excellent.. Thanks!!!
    02-06-10 08:46 AM
    Is there a way to import a list with the department name/number?
    02-06-10 03:20 PM
    This program is very useful. I just did the upgrade to the latest pro version (build 15) and I do not have the suggestions option anymore. How do I get this back.
    02-12-10 09:53 AM
    1) I would love to see a shortcut in order to add new items. Just being able to hit "Alt N" or some other easy key, OR a dedicated "Add New" on the screen (like the Add Memo in MemoPad) would be awesome; it could be placed right above or below the Find box (maybe).

2) I would also like to be able to rearrange the categories so that they don't have to be in alphabetical order. For example, If I have Groceries, Gifts, Books, Movies, etc. as categories, I would like Groceries to be listed first, as it is my most used category. As it is, it comes in far down, which is not so expedient.

I also have another idea on my wish list which wouldn't affect the program, but may help it to look sleeker. I like having the Cost column, but don't always want a running Sub-total line up on top. It would be nice to have the option of choosing to show that line or not, but still have the (C)ost column show.

Also, just out of curiosity, what does Reset MyCart do?

Thank you for a very useful app. It is by far my most used one. I have been going back and forth between this and another similar app, but think yours has won out due to the better search functionality.
    02-24-10 10:34 PM
    The CSV import is still a little buggy and beta (ish), and needs a lot of work.

I seemed to have completely forgotten about the Send to Clipboard module and it doesnt seem to appear in any folders, sorry about that, I'll add it back in as soon as I can.

CSV also requires you to copy to the clipboard and only handles names at the moment.

So to import via CSV (for the time being the list should be in the format)

Storename, Item A, Item B, Item C,

OR

Storename,
    Item A,
    Item B,
    Item C,

and can be as long as you like, i.e.

Wal-Mart, Apples, Oranges, Milk, Bread, Eggs,

though, I'll be sure to improve it again as soon as I can so that you can create a CSV file off any type and import it (from the clipboard) fully.
    I just installed MyCart and tried to us this method to import data copied from a one-item-per-row list, but got an error message: "Clipboard: not a list" every time, whether or not there were commas after each item.

The list looked like this:

Trader Joes,
    Lettuce: butter
    Lettuce: romaine

etc.

It would be nice to be able to import directly from a HandyShopper .PDB database with store names, each item assigned to multiple stores as needed, and aisle names.

I tried the method recommended by someone to turn a Handyshopper .PDB file into a .csv file using HS2convert from a DOS command line, but that did not work, either.
    04-04-10 02:45 AM
    Ok, like the others I will start by saying this is an I can't live without it app... There is one change that you made that has made it very difficult for me to use... The silver line that highlights the item makes it VERY difficult to read. If you could do away with that (or somehow make it less intrusive, like an outline or something) I would be very appreciative...

Also it would be nice to have a Font Size option if possible but this is not near as important to me as getting rid of (or making it an option) the silver highlight...

This photo should make it obviuos what I mean... It is actually easier to read in this capture than it is under the bright florescent lights in the store.

Thanks for your consideration.
    04-08-10 08:49 PM
    How do I sort a list alpha?
    05-02-10 06:41 PM
    has anyone had an issues witht the PIN sync function. my girl and i have to have the phone set to sync alert to get everything working properly between both phones
    Last edited by optimo; 05-14-10 at 06:16 PM.
    05-14-10 05:38 PM
    Where can I find Documentation for MyCart? I'm getting ready to switch from my Palm Treo 755p and I've been using Handyshopper for years. I have exported a Handyshopper list and cleaned up the notes and prices and stores. Now I have an e-mail with each item on a line with a comma at the end. When I copy that to the clipboard and then try import, I get only 7 items instead of 570. What is the difference between CSV and Classic Import?

John
    05-31-10 01:10 AM
    I just bought MyCart Pro and other than being slow, I do like it.

One suggestion would be to always have Search "on". I start scrolling down the list, but then realize it will take me 10 minutes to get through my 580 items, so I start to type part of what I'm looking for (just like when in memo pad list), but nothing happens. I have to scroll all the way to the top.

Thanks for a great program!

John
    05-31-10 02:08 AM
    Can someone please point me to the manual for MyCart?

I am looking for shortcut keys and import instructions.

My Main shopping list is 580 items, there must be some way to page down or something.

John
    05-31-10 04:34 AM
    Where can I find Documentation for MyCart?

John
    Here is a link to the developers website, hopefully you can find want you need. If not you can open a ticket by clicking on the Support link. Genius Development :: MyCart! Pro
    Last edited by flopper; 05-31-10 at 10:15 AM. Reason: added link
    05-31-10 10:08 AM
    Full CSV and HandyShopper imports are currently not supported. CSV import currently in MyCart! Pro is a beta version of CSV imports.

Full CSV and HandyShopper may be supported in the next revision (MyCart! Pro 3.0) of the app. It is currently in the works but has a long way to go in development.

EDIT: To sign-up to be part of the MyCart! Pro 3.0 BETA once the first BETA is ready then please visit Genius Development :: Projects and fill in the form at the bottom of the page.
    Last edited by GeniusDev; 06-13-11 at 07:43 AM.
    06-02-10 11:03 AM
    Does anybody know how to recover my lists from an IPD file? I did a wipe and Enterprise Activation. Now I have restored from my backup, but MyCart doesn't see my data and won't do a restore from Options.

Can I recover it from somewhere else?
    07-28-10 09:40 PM
    does this software have the option to reset list, i buy the same things everyday for our business, i want to be able to reset all the quantites back to 0, but not delete every item, is that possible? im trying to get rid of my sony clie pds, and this is the last application i have on it that i cannot find for blackberry, this would work if i could reset the wuantits to 0 on a list that is always active with the same items
    11-10-10 09:42 AM
    I think you can import csv files. You could make a standard list in a csv file then import it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-10 12:00 PM
    Love this app! Easy to use and now I don't have 100 different scraps of paper with my shopping lists all over the place (so I guess it could even be called a "green" app!)

And thanks for keeping it free
    11-10-10 12:09 PM
    Can someone please point me to the manual for MyCart?

I am looking for shortcut keys and import instructions.

My Main shopping list is 580 items, there must be some way to page down or something.

John
    WOW! You buy alot of things! lol
    11-10-10 12:10 PM
    MyCart! Pro 3 Now Online (OS6 Only)
    MyCart! Pro 3 on CrackBerry App Superstore
    --
    Note: New version of MyCart does not have the primitive device sync I used previously. If you use the device Sync feature you will need to wait till version 3.1 or 3.2 when a more sophisticated Sync protocol has been developed for use in MyCart.

Free version coming later this year. (Sorry!)
    06-13-11 07:40 AM
    OK, I'm probably missing something obvious so feel free to chuckle a bit...

But this is driving me nuts. I create an item (like Milk, with category Dairy) by adding it to my grocery list. I tick it off as bought. But to clear the list I have to delete everything (really wish it just hid things that had been ticked so the list shrank as I shopped.) But once I've deleted things if I want to add milk again... It considers it a NEW item and I have to fill in the category again.

This just seems frustrating and unnecessary. It'd be awesome if it'd add the thing to the database when I create it and then I could add and remove it from the LIST without it getting deleted. Does this work (I have the Pro) version and I'm just missing it somehow?

Any chance of a future version auto hiding checked items when I'm shopping?

Thanks!
    08-06-11 04:13 PM
    OK, I'm probably missing something obvious so feel free to chuckle a bit...

But this is driving me nuts. I create an item (like Milk, with category Dairy) by adding it to my grocery list. I tick it off as bought. But to clear the list I have to delete everything (really wish it just hid things that had been ticked so the list shrank as I shopped.) But once I've deleted things if I want to add milk again... It considers it a NEW item and I have to fill in the category again.

This just seems frustrating and unnecessary. It'd be awesome if it'd add the thing to the database when I create it and then I could add and remove it from the LIST without it getting deleted. Does this work (I have the Pro) version and I'm just missing it somehow?

Any chance of a future version auto hiding checked items when I'm shopping?

Thanks!
    I'll add in hiding checked items plus other filters as soon as I can but I have very little spare time to do BlackBerry development.

As for having a central database, this would take a bit more time to write in but I understand the reason for such a feature.

The reason I left out a central database to instead let the user enter items was for simplicity and flexibility. I'll definitely look to add this in when I get the chance but can't guarantee it will be too soon. As I've mentioned I have very little time to spare for BlackBerry development at the moment.
    08-08-11 02:54 PM
499 ... 181920
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD