I get a "Download not supported by carrier" error when I try to dl the app. Any ideas??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-10 10:05 AM
    Do you have service books from another carrier on the phone?
    11-12-10 10:46 AM
    Don't think so, its an 8330 from Verizon.

11-12-10 10:51 AM
    Don't think so, its an 8330 from Verizon.

Give Verizon a call. They may need to troubleshoot your service books, and then push it out to your device. Unless Verizon isn't your carrier, but I can't see someone posting a thread asking for help with an app that wouldn't work on any but Verizon.
    11-12-10 12:53 PM
    Also be sure that your Browser Identification/Emulation is set to BlackBerry.
    11-12-10 04:38 PM
    I get a "Download not supported by carrier" error when I try to dl the app. Any ideas??

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but since the last update of "My Verizon" I have a similar problem, the error is different, it says "System Maintenance. Please try later" This has been going on for 6 days now.

I have found a work around, if I am connected to a WIFI signal I get this error, if I trun off the WIFI and cut the connection "My Verizon" works fine.

I have called Verizon and this is 5 days now that they said they would get back to me and they never have called or let me know and the problem goes on.

Have a great day,
    HiddenPuppy
    11-12-10 05:07 PM
    I'm pretty sure that you can't use the MyVerizon app on WiFi. It needs a carrier network connection.
    11-12-10 05:39 PM
    I'm pretty sure that you can't use the MyVerizon app on WiFi. It needs a carrier network connection.
    Thanks for your info, but I still recieve phone calls. I have not turned off my radio signal, just have WIFI on so that when I am near a signal data goes that way and not through the phone connection.

Before the "My Verizon" update the WIFI did nto cause a problem.

I just called Verizon for the 5th or 6th time and when I told th etech about the WIFI connection problem he did not say anything about it having to be off to work. In fact he seemed surpised that it would even cause a problem.

I have no idea.

Have a good evening,
    HiddenPuppy
    11-12-10 05:43 PM
    I had to delete it and reinstall on my storm2. Maybe that will help you, you are talking about the "My Verizon" where you view your bill, mins, etc? It took me a few tries though, I think sometimes the carrier has problems. I had to come back the next day to download it and then it worked. Sorry I can't be more help than that.
    Last edited by johnmorganjr1; 11-12-10 at 07:03 PM.
    11-12-10 06:55 PM
    I had to delete it and reinstall on my storm2. Maybe that will help you, you are talking about the "My Verizon" where you view your bill, mins, etc?
    Yes, that is the program, sorry I did not mention it before, but that was the first thing I tried, still no joy.

Thanks,
    HiddenPuppy
    11-12-10 07:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD