So i have been playing with this all night and have composed my likes and dislikes about it. Over all I love the app. Its very quick with loading and scrolling which are a big positive for me since I'm addicted to it. I also love the ui of it. Its clean, but doesn't look to plain. My main twitter client is ubertwitter(as is most people) but I'm not a fan of the ui for it. So thats another positive about it.

With the positives comes the negatives however. The first thing I noticed and disliked greatly was the no numbered notifications. With ubertwitter it will say in the notification how many unread tweets I have. I love that feature and most twitter clients have that feature so why they would leave that out I am not sure. Hopefully after the beta they will add that to it. My other main dislike and this alone makes it unusable for me is the lack of timeline memorization. I look at my twitter a lot and within a period of an hour I may have 50 unread tweets. So having the ability to save my timeline location is a big deal for me.

So overall I love this app but still is unusable for me as a main twitter client. I still will be using ubertwitter until they add those two features. Just wanted to give my opinion and see what everyone else has to say.

+very quick loading/scrolling
    +nice clean look

-no numbered notifications
    -doesn't save timeline spot
    04-09-10 01:27 AM
    What alarmed me at first was the 3MB drop in memory after I first opened it, but it seems to have stabilized for now... But I still want that memory back! By the way, yes I'm aware that memory will go down a little after installing an app.
    Last edited by Masahiro; 04-09-10 at 02:38 AM.
    04-09-10 01:33 AM
    I had Uber but switched to the RIM client and have been using it exclusively since. I like the UI much more than Uber.
    04-09-10 06:28 AM
    Program looks great but it does apear to be a memory hog, on my unit anyway.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-10 07:20 AM
    The memory is better on this than the other ones (UB) for me. I don't have it for less than 30 minutes so that may be it.
    04-09-10 07:25 AM
    Just installed it today, looks pretty good, but not Tweet faster than UB, Overall I like the Twitter app from RIM.,
    04-09-10 07:40 AM
    I too like the new beta app but I don't like that when typing "@" I don't see a list of my friends or whatever. Also RT doesn't allow commenting. I wasn't that big a Twitter fan, but with UT I have become more addicted to it. And now, this app is perfect minus those 4 defects. I say 4 because I agree 100% with you and add my 2 dislikes. I'm sure they'll fix it by the end of June. Great review/opinion, OP!

lol "OP" reminded me of Opie on Family Guy yelling for no reason xD

Last edited by JRF_8520; 04-09-10 at 09:01 AM.
    04-09-10 08:42 AM
    Ive been running this since it leaked. I love it. My ONLY complaint is not being able to add text to ReTweets.
    04-09-10 08:42 AM
    Does the twitter for Blackberry app still use SMS or does it now come through on the data? I have unlimited data and refuse as a matter of principal to pay text messaging charges. Thanks.
    04-09-10 09:47 AM
    Does the twitter for Blackberry app still use SMS or does it now come through on the data? I have unlimited data and refuse as a matter of principal to pay text messaging charges. Thanks.

It uses data.
    04-09-10 11:40 AM
    IMO this app would blow any app out of the water if it allowed you to edit retweets, its disappointing considering every other twitter app let's you do this.

04-09-10 12:43 PM
    I've been playing with Twitter for Blackberry all night and day, and have found that when refreshing your timeline if your "on" the top tweet it will update from there. However if your "on" something in the heading it won't. haha hopefully that makes sense.

The problem for me is not being able to edit retweet's. I also wish it would allow us to look at tweetphoto pictures instead of taking us to the browser to see it. Other than that I love it!
    04-09-10 12:52 PM
    i haven't tried it yet, but I will say that timeline placement is something that most clients get wrong. I can't stand UberTwitter's way of updating the timeline when I switch to it, very disorienting. It took me some thinking to figure out that after updating the timeline, it usually (not always), places me at the top, but as soon as I scroll it jumps back to where I was before the timeline was updated. But because I already scrolled, I can't tell which item was the next to read. Very annoying.

They have been improving it constantly. I will wait until RIM's client stabilizes.
    04-09-10 12:56 PM
    Twitter for BB loads faster than UberTwitter (for me), the interface is nicer to look at but it doesn't highlight @replies nor does it have TwitLonger nor drop-down friends list for @replies.

I'm gonna stick to UberTwitter.
    04-09-10 01:13 PM
    Based on the CB video of the Twitter client, it appears to have been developed using RIM's Widget API. That is, it's all HTML/JavaScript/CSS.

I'm not sure about the details but I believe one difference with a webOS app, is that JavaScript on the BlackBerry can interact with the system directly, whereas on webOS, it's message based, with lots of latency.

Still, looking at the tweet entry box, notice its laggy animation when it slides down the screen (6:55). This is the kind of JavaScript animation found everywhere on webOS and I hope RIM isn't going that path, it will kill usability and battery life.
    04-09-10 01:13 PM
    This app has reinvigorated my Twitter use. I'd had UberTwitter since it came out, and I find the UI on the new app SO much easier to use. I use the FB app a lot, despite its lack of certain features, and the Twitter app is very reminiscent -- in a good way -- of the FB app. I'm not a big RT editor so no complaints here on that score.
    04-09-10 01:33 PM
    I saw several comments about the inability to edit a retweet. If you edit a retweet, isn't that really a reply? Techically, I don't think you should be able to edit a retweet since your passing along someone else's words.

04-09-10 01:34 PM
    I agree with the OP about saving your spot where you were last at. I like ubertwitter because it will take me to my first unread tweet, where as T4BB will take you to the top of your timeline, thus not sure how far you have to scroll down to catch up on tweets.
    04-09-10 01:38 PM
    I hope the RIM Twitter client continues to evolve in a timely manner. I really like it, except that it's missing some features. Unless I'm just not seeing it, there's no "Everyone near me" or "Tweets near me" feature, which I use quite extensively in UT.

The retweets not being editable I think was addressed some time back (can't recall the source) that Twitter by design does not intend for retweets to be editable. Unless I'm mistaken, editable retweets in other clients aren't actually retweets, as they're actually replies with the original tweet already pasted in.

That being said... it would be nice to have an option to automatically paste the original tweet in replies. However the RIM client does show the original tweet while replying, so it's a simple copy/paste (at least it is on my Storm).
    04-09-10 02:27 PM
    I don't now if it has been mentionned yet, but as Twitter for BlackBerry is the first Twitter app to be officially supported by Twitter (Twitter Mobile Blog: Official Twitter for BlackBerry App Now Available), I think that there is no way that the old-style RT will be implemented in Twitter for Blackberry, unless Twitter decides to implement such a feature on their website.
    04-09-10 02:42 PM
    I hope the RIM Twitter client continues to evolve in a timely manner. I really like it, except that it's missing some features. Unless I'm just not seeing it, there's no "Everyone near me" or "Tweets near me" feature, which I use quite extensively in UT.
    Disregard that statement....

I just finished checking out the Search tab in T4BB, and had a "ZOMG!" moment. I almost feel dirty now as I'm compelled to favor T4BB over UT.

There's some real outstanding search features in this app.
    Last edited by rmjones101; 04-09-10 at 03:10 PM.
    04-09-10 03:08 PM
    anyone know how to sync this app w/ FB??? tried so many times, Tweetdeck syncs just not this app. HELP PLEASE?!?!?! Thanks CB fams!
    04-09-10 04:09 PM
    I saw several comments about the inability to edit a retweet. If you edit a retweet, isn't that really a reply? Techically, I don't think you should be able to edit a retweet since your passing along someone else's words.

The thing is that when you have many followers and many discussions, editing RT's will allow you to keep connected to each one of the subjects.
    04-09-10 06:24 PM
    In my opinion the Twitter client has a much more nicer UI than UberTwitter which is the most popular one. But in my opinion it lacks of two main things, the ability to edit RT and to keep control of the unread tweets... which lead to an incredible mess if you follow more than 300 ppl.

I still have both and use them simultaniusly keeping the most out of them.

Hope the Twitter client get those two things fixed and I would be good to go.
    04-09-10 06:28 PM
    I like the Twitter application for Blackberry. The user interface is gorgeous. I think that it is a winner.

04-09-10 06:52 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD