My Facebook icon from my BlackBerry Curve is gone - it disappeared when my Curve froze, would not shut down when I pressed the red button and I had to take out the battery and reboot. The Facebook icon did not appear, suddenly, with the reboot. Nor has it appeared in the several days since, with proper shutdown and power up, or battery in and out. It is NOT a matter of the icon's being "hidden" because I pressed the hide icon button. Even when I press "show all" the Facebook icon does not appear. And we went one by one through every possible icon to see if the Facebook icon is "sub-hidden" in any of those. Nope. I've searched for hours and hours. Interestingly, when I tell Facebook to download the Facebook icon application, it says the application has already been added and do I want to replace it. So the icon's in there but I have tried everything.

Any thoughts? Anyone else face this problem? Ideas on how to get the Facebook icon back. Thank you so much, everyone.
    12-27-08 08:18 PM
    Ok, you are totally confusing me. You are posting in the Pearl thread, listed as having a Bold in your info, now you say it's on your Curve. What device is it on?
    12-27-08 08:22 PM
    When the new Bold I bought overheated and caused problems per my posting in the Bold section, I put my SIM and memory card in my old Curve and started using my Curve again. The Curve works just fine except for the missing Facebook icon. Thanks so much.
    12-27-08 08:27 PM
    You still shouldn't have posted in the Pearl 8100 forum!

Try resending your Service Books! Go to Options>>Advanced Options>>Host Routing Table>>press Menu>>select Register Now.

For further reference, try to post in the forum as to which phone you're having problems with!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-08 09:46 AM
    I did an OS upgrade to 4.5XX on my Pearl 8100 and I am now unable to see my Facebook icon
    12-29-08 02:11 PM
    I had to remove and re-add the application, and that fixed it. Works fine now.
    12-30-08 01:14 PM
    Consider it a blessing. A grown man should be embarassed to be on any social network. Its an act of God.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-08 03:16 PM
    that happened to me too and i found the icon in the "my services" folder. for some reason it moved it there. so i just moved it back out to the main screen.
    01-13-09 08:17 AM
    I did an OS upgrade to 4.5XX on my Pearl 8100 and I am now unable to see my Facebook icon

BATTERY PULL YOUR PHONE TO SEE IF YOUR BROWSER IS GETTING A CONNECTION. THEN ALL YOUR WEB BASED APPS SHOULD COME BACK
    01-13-09 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD