My dad and I both have a Bold and his seems to be really screwed up right now. It shows on the screen this issue saying "App error 205" or something of the sort and I have tried restarting it, alt+sym+enter reset and pulled the battery, still nothing. Is the phone just bad?
    09-01-08 11:28 PM
    He isn't the first to get that error plenty of people including Kevin have gotten it. You mean to say that it isn't going back to normal after the battery pull?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-08 11:32 PM
    Yah as in it never leaves that screen, the phone is essentially useless.
    09-01-08 11:36 PM
    The same thing happened to me after installing a few incompatible apps. Removing these apps did not fully restore the original files and settings, and the device got a bit slower, sometimes many reboots were required to get to the today screen. I removed the battery 2-3 times for 2 min, and when I the boot completed I wiped the device clean....
    09-01-08 11:50 PM
    yeah, the app error 205 seems to be the bad news on the OS that the rogers bold shipped with (version 4.6.0.125).

upgrading to "4.6.0.134" which can be found on the next (just google what's in the quotes and you'll find a link to download it a couple posts down) seems to fix that up. download it, install on your pc, then follow the instructions for loading the os onto a nuked blackberry (don't forget to delete the vendor.xml file or it might not find the new os you're trying to load):

BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

BUT...i found when I got the app error if i just soft rebooted a couple times again (Alt + Right Caps + Delete on the keyboard) that it would boot back up again.
    09-01-08 11:50 PM
    I reset it three times and it didn't do anything so I put it back. I have a mac not a pc I don't know how/if you can even load the new OS on with a mac. I know how to do it on PC though, too bad PC is garbage, lol.
    09-02-08 12:26 AM
    i got app 205 error also. but after a few restarts it came back and i upgraded to .126 OS

do a google search for app erroe 205 and u'll get some help if u cant get it back after a few restarts
    09-02-08 12:28 AM
    Interesting comments about the operating system. I just checked and mine came complete with version 4.6.0.134

Ned
    09-02-08 01:13 AM
    Luckily I never had the problem with version 4.6.0.125, and I have upgraded to .134 and everything is even better.
    09-02-08 01:20 AM
    ohhh gotta upgrade then.
    09-02-08 02:02 AM
    I wish I had .134 then I could just upgrade the OS OTA from now on. Is this not a feature now?
    09-02-08 02:23 AM
    I got the 205 error after upgrading from .92 to .126 - also loads of Java exceptions. Back to .92 and, although the setup wizard still gave me Java exceptions, it is back to normal. I need to get off .92 though, so probably will wait for .134 or an official Orange .126.
    09-02-08 02:31 AM
    BUT...i found when I got the app error if i just soft rebooted a couple times again (Alt + Right Caps + Delete on the keyboard) that it would boot back up again.
    Is this for all devices? Beause I have it for my Curve now and tried all steps for recovering a nuked Berry (searched heavily for the last two days; trying different things before I make an official post).
    09-03-08 06:53 PM
    I have never gotten that error since i got my bold, hmm wierd
    09-03-08 06:56 PM
    I reset it three times and it didn't do anything so I put it back. I have a mac not a pc I don't know how/if you can even load the new OS on with a mac. I know how to do it on PC though, too bad PC is garbage, lol.
    Then get over yourself and get a Windows virtualization running. Granted it's not the smoothest option, but it works well enough for me to install an operating system, as well as backup and mess with applications.
    09-03-08 07:53 PM
    From what I just learned, if you tried to load a new OS and get this error message, that means you have not loaded all the files needed to build the OS. For some reason, my shared folder under common files>RIM was not there. Re-installing the OS and following Kevin's instruction worked.

Thanks Miss_Michelle
    09-03-08 10:07 PM
    I guess I'm kind of wondering why the bold was even released with this os if this app error is fairly common. Hmm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-08 10:12 PM
    I never got the error.
    09-04-08 02:20 AM
    LMAO- Ya too bad Mac is to stuck up to have Blackberry software run on it correctly...... Oh ya wait- barely any software is created for Macs anyway because they are a waste. LOL Ya get over yourself then go hug a tree and feel better.
    09-04-08 06:43 AM
    I was too getting that 205 error with .125/.126 FW everytime I rebooted my blackberry. Since I switched over to .134 I haven't had the problem since anymore
    09-04-08 06:54 AM
    yeah, the app error 205 seems to be the bad news on the OS that the rogers bold shipped with (version 4.6.0.125).

upgrading to "4.6.0.134" which can be found on the next (just google what's in the quotes and you'll find a link to download it a couple posts down) seems to fix that up. download it, install on your pc, then follow the instructions for loading the os onto a nuked blackberry (don't forget to delete the vendor.xml file or it might not find the new os you're trying to load):

I tried the battery pull to no avail. Your soft reboot did work. Should I still upgrade or leave well enough alone?

My media card is still not showing up, though. *** Change that, I pulled it out and put it back in and now it is working/finding the media card. This all started when I tried linking a Motorolla HT820 Bluetooth stereo headphone. So what do I do next? ps. yes, I am a total CELL phone noobie. ***
    Last edited by BlueRocks; 09-12-08 at 01:07 PM.
    09-12-08 12:54 PM
    this app205 error is common for this OS

you have to pull battery out and wait for few minutes and put it back. they OS should boot up fine. It happened to me. I had to wait 2-3mins
    09-12-08 01:35 PM
    Mine just started doing this too!

I keep pulling the battery and that App message comes up-

I've tried to do the soft reboot and it didn't work either.

I just pulled out the battery for the 6th time, and I'll try leaving it out now for a bit...

Let's see if that works
    09-12-08 03:12 PM
    Pulling the Battery isn't enough-

Pull the Battery and Wait a few minutes!

It did the Trick!

Thanks sito
    09-12-08 03:32 PM
    Main reason why I am glad at&t didn't rush this. This is also the reason why even when they do, I may just wait a little bit.
    09-12-08 05:11 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD