I'm only 16 but my blackberry means alot to me...Since I don't have money to go buy another i think it would be a good investiment to buy some kind of locator for my blackberry just in case someone steals it. So i heard theres a blackberry locator? Is it decent? Is there any other app i should get to locate it? i'm gonna rely on you older crackberry addicts out there to help me...
    Thx ahead of time..
    07-05-09 08:34 PM
    Well man what can i tell you? Besides being careful with your phone? I guess some kind of locator app would be useful though
    07-05-09 08:53 PM
    Check app world, a GPS Tracker exists.
    07-05-09 09:32 PM
    A little unrelated, but if you ever do get a new blackberry, be sure to get insurance for it. It'll be a lot cheaper getting a replacement blackberry through insurance than buying a brand new one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-09 10:15 PM
    Yeah just buy insurance, not some locator which might not even help you. My sister got her storm stolen at a restaurant and under our insurance plan, Verizon was able to replace it the next day free of charge.
    07-05-09 10:27 PM
    A little unrelated, but if you ever do get a new blackberry, be sure to get insurance for it. It'll be a lot cheaper getting a replacement blackberry through insurance than buying a brand new one.

how is it unrelated? i'm asking about an app....i do have insurance on it and i didn't lose it. I was just saying just in case i did lose it i would love if i could track it.
    07-05-09 10:28 PM
    Look into smrt guard. I have it on my phone. You can track, follow, lock, wipe, self destruct and listen to who ever has it.

07-06-09 01:08 AM
    Look into smrt guard. I have it on my phone. You can track, follow, lock, wipe, self destruct and listen to who ever has it.

I have it too and love it!! Etaysom, have u noticed smrtguard leaking memory? I can't find any other app to be the culprit....but don't wanna ditch it because I have so much more peace of mind since purchasing it. Just curious....
    08-12-09 12:15 AM
    InstaMapper or something.

08-12-09 08:01 AM
    I have it too and love it!! Etaysom, have u noticed smrtguard leaking memory? I can't find any other app to be the culprit....but don't wanna ditch it because I have so much more peace of mind since purchasing it. Just curious....
    Anything that updates frequently will drain your battery and use memory. Try limited the amount of updates perhaps? I'm not sure how SmrtGrd works, but InstaMapper could choose how often it updated your location.

08-12-09 08:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD