I am new to the Storm. I was wondering what others thought were must have apps and what do those apps do. Also where is the best place to get that app.
    Last edited by tsst; 07-21-09 at 07:28 AM.
    07-21-09 07:26 AM
    Opera mini - web browser.
    Very fast. Be sure to uncheck auto complete address input in the settings when u download. This way your keyboard automatically pops up.
    Also there isn't a Storm version available but that's ok. Just be sure to download a signed version so it won't keep asking you for permission to access data...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 07:32 AM
    Weatherbug
    Poynt
    Pandora
    Google Maps
    YouTube
    AP Mobile News
    Berry Buzz
    Storm Rotation Wizard
    UberTwitter-if you use twitter

AND FINALLY...
    Blackberry App World and Crackberry App Store to get em all
    07-21-09 08:20 AM
    If you browse this forum you'll find quite a few posts like this which contain quite a few suggestions. You can also check out this post http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/to...edback-268607/ which may give you some insight as to what people are constantly using.
    07-21-09 08:55 AM
    quick text
    Phoneface
    bolt browser
    podtrapper
    quickpull
    07-21-09 12:28 PM
    I am new to the Storm. I was wondering what others thought were must have apps and what do those apps do. Also where is the best place to get that app.
    Ur prayers have just been answered by the Crackberry Gods. lol. Go check out the Crackberry blog front page.
    07-21-09 12:44 PM
    Quicklaunch and Storm Lock top my list of recommended apps...
    07-21-09 12:45 PM
    My two favorites are Garmin Mobile and PodTrapper (this auto bookmarks, which is great for listening to audio books).

Good stuff to look at...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/bl...a-apps-236712/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/wha...ions-bb-14431/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/popu...d-links-21096/
    07-21-09 12:54 PM
    Thanks all, I have lots to check out!
    07-21-09 01:38 PM
    Glad to help...enjoy!
    07-21-09 02:06 PM
    shameless plug for my app, Mango, if you like comics/manga. You'll never be bored again :P

Also, I recommend the following
    Opera Mini: A MUST, blows the built in browser out of the water.
    Pandora: Really good internet radio service, it plays music based on your tastes and what it thinks you'll like.
    YouTube: Mobile youtube. Win.
    StormLock: Really should be built in but whatever. Stops you from pressing the screen with your face and doing stuff when you're talking on the phone.
    SmrtGuard: So if your phone gets lost or stolen you can track it down via GPS or remote-wipe it.
    07-21-09 04:02 PM
    Opera mini - web browser.
    Very fast. Be sure to uncheck auto complete address input in the settings when u download. This way your keyboard automatically pops up.
    Also there isn't a Storm version available but that's ok. Just be sure to download a signed version so it won't keep asking you for permission to access data...

It not letting me uncheck the auto complete address input? What should I do about that I have a Storm myself.
    07-21-09 04:06 PM
    You have to be real accurate with the touch. With opera mini you don't click, its touch except when you type anything.

Just keep trying to uncheck that box. Took me about 5 minutes when I initially got my Storm hooked up with Opera mini

07-21-09 04:14 PM
    I would say it depends a lot on your needs...... everybody should have quicklaunch, berrymeter and both crackberry's store and RIM's app world launcher. however, if you don't get berrymeter then you must get quickpull. you are going to want an easy way to reset the storm without having to physically pull the battery every so often.

If you text a lot, get beyond160. It eliminates that pesky 160 character limit.

If you listen to lots of internet music, get flycast, slacker and pandora.

If you listen to a lot of broadcast radio get iheart radio.

Games of course depend on what you like.

If you enjoy stringent management of incoming calls get either advanced call manager or pictureID 2. with ACM you can maintain lists of who you want to ring your phone and who gets sent to voicemail, inluding "blocked" numbers. I prefer pictureID 2 because there is a real ignore feature where the caller is disconnected without your phone ever ringing, it won't go to voicemail and won't even show up on your missed call list. It's as though the call never happened and I love it. You can even blot out whole area codes.
    (Got an ex bothering you, you say?????)

Last edited by kb5zht; 07-21-09 at 04:24 PM.
    07-21-09 04:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD