what are they? So far my favorites are the google apps, facebook and ESPN. What other good ones are out there?
    01-16-08 08:57 AM
    I've seen peoples screen shots with that ESPN app, how does one attain it??

I'm also looking for must have apps, preferably free, but i wanna customize my BB.

And whenever i go to the opera mini site it always tell me my device is not recognised, and then says something about downloading a high or low memory version, and something about Opera Mini 3. I can quote the page if anyone thinks they can help. Thanks in advance.
    01-16-08 09:12 AM
    Just go to ESPN.com on you BB and at the top there should be a link to download the app. great for checking scores.
    01-16-08 10:07 AM
    I think there are several threads that deal with must have apps - search is your friend.

But just a short list of some that I use and like:

JiveTalk
    Beyond 411
    Opera-Mini
    Google Maps
    Color Ball (ok hard to call it a "must have" but I really like having it)
    SoftReset
    Texas Hold'em King2 (also not a "must have" but lots of fun)
    Viigo
    HandMark Express (I doubt I will renew this - I get many of the same things free through other applications)

And I just added the ESPN app to my Pearl - thanks!
    01-16-08 10:26 AM
    Yeah i figured there were similar posts on here but i also figured there might be new apps out there.
    01-16-08 02:06 PM
    Google & Facebook as well!
    01-16-08 02:41 PM
    I had the Facebook app on mine for several months and used it all the time. Its a great app and they did a good job of making it a BB app first, FB app second. I just took it off last week because I was using it so much that it began interfering with other things.
    01-16-08 03:24 PM
    I've got Pocket Streamer - Which turns your BB into a radio.
    and VR + - Which turns the unit into a full-blown tape digital recorder.

These apps aren't free though. Got them from the Blackberry site / Software / etc.
    01-16-08 04:13 PM
    I have the 8830 n do the battery pull thingy 1-2 times per week to "find" lost memory. Hoping the Soft Reset program will be the trick. Anybody using it with 8830?
    thanks
    p.s. a few of my fave (i.e. FREE) apps are:
    chronograph (count-down timer)
    spider solitaire
    BBToday
    Holy Bible
    01-17-08 07:30 PM
    i have to say i really like all the google apps, they work and are easy to operate.
    01-19-08 02:20 AM
    I haven't seen a free version of spider solitaire, but Magmic's is pretty good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-08 06:54 AM
    Google maps
    Twitterberry
    Blackjack

01-19-08 08:03 PM
    I haven't seen a free version of spider solitaire, but Magmic's is pretty good.

The Magmic version IS the free version. It is (or, at least, was) available on the BB home page.
    01-19-08 10:04 PM
    oo i need to get the facebook app.
    01-20-08 12:11 AM
    I just got my Blackberry Pearl 8130 Alltel and am interested in the color ball, I downloaded one and after I paid for it said it was not compatable with my phone...great huh...I see you have a pearl too, which color ball application did you get and is it worth it.

Thanks so much,
    Laurie
    I think there are several threads that deal with must have apps - search is your friend.

But just a short list of some that I use and like:

JiveTalk
    Beyond 411
    Opera-Mini
    Google Maps
    Color Ball (ok hard to call it a "must have" but I really like having it)
    SoftReset
    Texas Hold'em King2 (also not a "must have" but lots of fun)
    Viigo
    HandMark Express (I doubt I will renew this - I get many of the same things free through other applications)

And I just added the ESPN app to my Pearl - thanks!
    01-20-08 02:13 PM
    sagers2,all the color pearl apps are only for 8100 pearls, 8130 doesn't have the colored LEDs behind the trackball.
    01-20-08 02:20 PM
    ESPN and Google beta version maps. In which by the way is not that accurate even within 1700 meters.
    01-20-08 02:25 PM
    This is a very good free app from the BlackBerry website.
    01-20-08 04:12 PM
    they took out the led's from the 8130 for some reason, so your kinda s.o.l.
    my favorites are
    -google maps
    -uno classic 2007(had to pay for this one)
    - yahoo messenger
    01-20-08 04:19 PM
    Newsgator! Its changed the way I get my news and great because I can view my RSS feeds at my desk or just walking the halls at work on my BB.
    01-20-08 04:41 PM
    one word......zelda.....bam nuff said

i also have google maps windows live serch
    opera is a must should come stock
    christmas pool
    olive tree bible
    01-22-08 12:38 PM
    all the google apps
    Mobipocket (ebook reader. I use manybooks.net for free ebooks)
    viigo (amazing rss reader)
    facebook app (it's an addiction thing really...)
    beyond 411/berry411 (should come standard)
    brickbreaker (might be why I did bad in school this semester...this or viigo...that didn't help)

Zelda???!! where and how....no seriously...where and how?

I've never been a fan of the opera reader...I see great reviews for it everywhere but it just seemed remarkably unintuitive whenever I've tried it. The espn app sounds like somehting I should look into, I hadn't heard about it before this post. there are a ton of these in the forums, but it's always fun to see if there's anything new going on so I don't mind at all.
    -Ryan
    Last edited by studentberry; 01-23-08 at 03:57 AM. Reason: just noticed the Zelda Comment....
    01-23-08 03:52 AM
    wap.getjar.com

quick download code 21148 for zelda have it on a curve and pearl
    01-23-08 08:05 AM
    The Magmic version IS the free version. It is (or, at least, was) available on the BB home page.
    Ah, it must have been a past freebie. If you go to the site on a PC, it says the game is available for free, but when you go on the BB, it's not there. It says they change the offerings, so that must have been a past one.
    01-23-08 08:29 AM
    Ah, it must have been a past freebie. If you go to the site on a PC, it says the game is available for free, but when you go on the BB, it's not there. It says they change the offerings, so that must have been a past one.
    Actually, I just double checked and it is still there. Go to the BB home page and click on "games." Then, rather than clicking on "free games," click on "classic games" instead. Spider Solitaire is available in there (for free), along with Klondike Solitaire, Texas Hold'Em King 2, Meteor Crusher and Bass Assassin.
    01-23-08 10:15 AM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD