so i just picked up my Blackberry Bold 9930 today !!! i'm new to bb and will be playing with this phone constantly for the next few weeks. a lot to learn!

but now i need some cool accessories for the phone. i was thinking a case and a screen protector are the first things i should get. which ones/brands would you guys suggest? and any other accessories that i should think about getting?
    and how about apps? i know i will be downloading Skype, Facebook and Kakao talk immediately.

TIA!!
    10-05-11 11:16 PM
    Morning Alcohol. lol

OtterBox Commuter. It comes with a screen protector and i would always recommend commuter.

QuickLaunch and Opera Mini.
    OM is free. But QL is not. Totally worth it though.
    10-05-11 11:21 PM
    Charging dock + bebuzz. You'll love your phone even more.
    10-05-11 11:24 PM
    +1 Otterbox Commuter - got one for all my berries I had. Adds enough protection without adding bulk.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-11 11:31 PM
    Charging dock definitely. As many as you can get! The more the merrier, haha.
    10-06-11 12:38 AM
    i looked at the otterbox but it looks a little bulky. is there another one thats more minimal? the phone looks so nice, i want to show as much of it as i can

and will definitely be downloading bebuzz!
    10-06-11 12:48 AM
    The charging pod looks cool but it's not a must have accessory. I think the best accessory is the J-Series Extra Battery Charger bundle. Good luck trying to purchase it because it's been sold out for awhile. Who likes to have be restrained to a wire by charging their phone when they can just pop in a fully charged battery ready to go. It's a little overpriced at the moment but it's a must have accessory if you are addicted to your blackberry. Unless you're a clumsy person, I wouldn't recommend buying a case. The Bold 9930/9900 has a sexy design so why would you cover it up.
    10-06-11 12:53 AM
    My recommendation

Accessories:
    - Otterbox Commuter (consist of case+screen protector). Keep your BB secured.
    - THe Blackberry Hard Shell - seems like a good case too.
    - Extra Battery (the J series charger bundled with battery is a nice one too)

Apps:
    - BeBuzz (not free) - LED colors for different notifications
    - QUicklaunch (not free) - launching many apps with breeze, plus many other functions
    - Meterberry (not free)- RAM and Battery watch
    - FIlescout (not free) - File Manager with Unzip capabilities plus Dropbox integration!
    10-06-11 03:20 AM
    thanks for the suggestions! are there any apps that good with international calling? i downloaded Skype, but just learned that it doesn't hold on to WiFi and uses your data plan instead.
    10-07-11 03:05 AM
    i have the casemate barely there brushed aluminum case and a screen protector. I love the size of the bold and didnt wanna bulk it up with a big case, it looks and works awesome
    10-07-11 04:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD