I have several of my corporate email accounts linked into GMAIL - but when you set up multiple gmail accounts on blackberry and get an email on one, all of the email icons light up with a star as if each has a message in it. It's quite annoying! I don't like the gmail application, does anybody know a way around this bug?
    06-27-11 12:58 AM
    Typically, one can hide the 'Messages' icon, and thus keep one email icon for each email account that you have on the device.

That way, when you receive an email for account 'A', the respective email icon will have a star on it. When you receive an email for account 'B', that account will have a star on it, etc.

I actually hide ALL the email account icons, and just use the 'Messages' folder\icon. All emails will show in there regardless, plus when you open the email to read it, you'll be able to tell from the header information (at the top of the email), what account it came into.

If you're sending emails, it will ALWAYS choose your default account when creating a new email. But, again, if you want to switch the account you're emailing from, you can change it in the header...
    06-27-11 07:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD