Yes that's right. It usually works but sometimes it bugs out and I have to reboot it.
    Do you have a fix or workaround for this issue? It seems to be getting worse. This morning I rebooted and the message icon was still taking me my call log. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Thanks in advance.
    08-06-10 10:08 AM
    Do you have a fix or workaround for this issue? It seems to be getting worse. This morning I rebooted and the message icon was still taking me my call log. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Thanks in advance.
    The Messaging app is slightly complex. I think it may be taking you to whatever was the last part of the Messaging app that you used, and the call log may be part of the Messaging app not the Phone app.

I now know how to fix this in the next update, which you can expect some time this month. All I can suggest now is that some things don't work in the multi-click icons yet and will have to be used as before, from their regular icons or QuickLaunch.
    08-06-10 05:34 PM
    Thanks for addressing this. I'll look for the update.
    08-06-10 07:07 PM
    Hey LS, just wanted to let you know that Multi-CLick doesn't launch the BellShare Webpage launcher app.
    THe module for this app is BSLauncher (kinda a funny name, huh? lol)
    08-13-10 09:43 PM
    Hey LS, just wanted to let you know that Multi-CLick doesn't launch the BellShare Webpage launcher app.
    THe module for this app is BSLauncher (kinda a funny name, huh? lol)
    Thank you.

Since that name is now taken, I'll have to abandon writing a game that lets you launch !*@# over the walls of the enemy castle with a trebuchet... game probably would have stunk anyway...
    08-13-10 11:30 PM
    How are WE (in best Big Nurse voice) doing in the backup department so I can play with a new OS or two and not have to recreate the world (given to big overstatements at 6 or so in the morning)? But thanks for all of your various apps.
    08-14-10 08:59 AM
    Thank you.

Since that name is now taken, I'll have to abandon writing a game that lets you launch !*@# over the walls of the enemy castle with a trebuchet... game probably would have stunk anyway...
    I personally think that game sounds like the ****.
    08-14-10 08:57 PM
    I've been using UniBrowse and love it. I Just downloaded Multi Click and am using the trial period, but have run into a problem. I am trying to use one of the set up icons with BBM and crunchsms set up on it, however BBM never comes up when selected. Is there a work around for this or will this issue be addressed in an upcoming update? Thanks.
    09-02-10 04:38 PM
    They changed something. BBM 4 worked, BBM 5 does not. Also, App World 1.1 would work, but App World 2.0 will not. It's almost as though they've done something so their apps can't be launched by anything else, or resist being launched by anything else.

I've been working on an update little by little, and have backup/restore working, and am working on getting things like messaging working. But there are 2 other apps that are in need of fixes, and several others that the 9800 Torch has burned to a crisp, so I have a lot to do at the moment besides trying to learn Android and iPhone at the same time.

Sorry for the delays but I am working on it. Canceled the Labor Day Weekend vacation and will be working the entire weekend trying to make progress. Didn't even watch the Carolina came tonight, that was too bad...

thank you
    09-03-10 02:39 AM
    Backup/Restore - GREAT.

Stay out of the hurricane's path!
    09-03-10 09:06 AM
    LSphone, thanks for the detailed response. I bought the app anyway and thanks for all the hard work you put into your product(s). This app is awesome for the price and Im sure will only get better! Thanks again!
    09-03-10 02:59 PM
    Downloaded the trial. Like the app but doesn't list or work with everything, so it's half useful only to me as its the oddball stuff that I want this app to work with.

Much of the Blackberry Messenger is not available to select. Items that are selectable (Chat, Pictures, List) give me an error message of "Uncaught exception: applet already exists" when I try to run them via this app.

Keep up the good work, if it ever gets all the kinks ironed out I'll revisit this app for sure.
    09-22-10 10:06 PM
    I am unable to add BerryReader as a Multi-Click icon. It doesn't list it as an option. Is anyone else seeing this?
    10-20-10 09:05 AM
    I am unable to add BerryReader as a Multi-Click icon. It doesn't list it as an option. Is anyone else seeing this?
    I mentioned this several times in this thread already. He is aware if the issue, but I don't think there are any plans for this unless something obvious is found to be able to fix it.

But, you can take comfort in the knowledge that he is trying to add messaging, and a backup/restore feature soon.

ATB
    Brad.
    10-20-10 09:12 AM
    I mentioned this several times in this thread already. He is aware if the issue, but I don't think there are any plans for this unless something obvious is found to be able to fix it.

But, you can take comfort in the knowledge that he is trying to add messaging, and a backup/restore feature soon.

ATB
    Brad.
    Wow. Well, I now feel like a total noob! Thanks for pointing out my oversight! It's been a long time since I read through this whole thread and forgot you already mentioned it. I just started rearranging some of my icons today since the unibrowser update freed up an MCI icon.
    10-20-10 09:28 AM
    I'm really sorry about these problems, and I did get backup/restore working in tests but began to modify how the app works trying to solve the compatibility problems, and it's not in a state where I can just send you what I have. I don't know what the problem is, the app scans every single app and sub-app on the phone and includes everything with an icon on that list except for duplicates. Then, some things respond to being run, and others don't. What I could do is offer an option to list EVERY app regardless of how it's evaluated and substitute a generic icon in place of what can't be read. Over time as specific reports come in, I could include icons for those items in the product's library.
    10-20-10 12:08 PM
    I'm really sorry about these problems, and I did get backup/restore working in tests but began to modify how the app works trying to solve the compatibility problems, and it's not in a state where I can just send you what I have. I don't know what the problem is, the app scans every single app and sub-app on the phone and includes everything with an icon on that list except for duplicates. Then, some things respond to being run, and others don't. What I could do is offer an option to list EVERY app regardless of how it's evaluated and substitute a generic icon in place of what can't be read. Over time as specific reports come in, I could include icons for those items in the product's library.
    Thanks for the update, LS. A generic icon would be fine with me. Unless it's in the "first-click" location, you hardly even see the icon anyway. I would much rather have the (potential) functionality than wait for matching icons. If the compatibility issue can't be addressed yet, but you have a functioning version with backup/restore, that would be great too.

Thanks again!
    10-20-10 12:20 PM
    +1 on PezBoy's comments.

And, NEVER, NEVER apologize for working hard to make your products better.
    Don't make me hop to your IP address and smack your big toe. Ha Ha.
    10-20-10 12:30 PM
    How about this, since I'm "in the zone" on multi-click icons right now I might as well spend the next few days trying to work up another update to Multi-Click Icons, and hopefully that will mean at least backup/restore and more of the communications icons working, maybe a few things like radio On/Off, but then that will be frozen in liquid nitrogen for a long time.
    LS,

Last week, you mentioned maybe spending a few days working on an update to MCI in the UniBrowse thread (I brought your quote over here to avoid thread-jacking). I was just wondering if you are still planning on that or if priorities shifted.

Thanks!!
    10-26-10 01:14 PM
    Looked at it some more and am waiting to hear back from someone. Now busy with finishing stuff that has to be out for the holidays, that has to take priority over something that sells 1 copy a day. Apologies... If another dev wants to pick it up my PM box is open.
    I understand. I wish I was a dev!

Hope everything works out. Who knows, after a fresh polish, maybe your sales will pick up on it. Good luck!

Keep us posted.
    10-27-10 02:50 PM
    The problem with BerrySilent not appearing in the list has been confirmed to be caused by BerrySilent having no standard built-in icon. Its application descriptor returns no icon, so its homescreen icon must be drawn or generated from an internal image by BerrySilent's 2nd (background) app when the phone boots, then set as its homescreen icon, but other apps can't read that as far as I know.

This is probably what's going wrong in most cases where things don't appear in the list. These apps appear in QuickLaunch because that doesn't need icons.

I can add an option to list all apps and use a generic icon for ones lacking accessible built-in icons. That will be better than having to update the app and theme(s) every time another special case comes to light.
    10-28-10 02:56 PM
    The problem with BerrySilent not appearing in the list has been confirmed to be caused by BerrySilent having no standard built-in icon. Its application descriptor returns no icon, so its homescreen icon must be drawn or generated from an internal image by BerrySilent's 2nd (background) app when the phone boots, then set as its homescreen icon, but other apps can't read that as far as I know.

This is probably what's going wrong in most cases where things don't appear in the list. These apps appear in QuickLaunch because that doesn't need icons.

I can add an option to list all apps and use a generic icon for ones lacking accessible built-in icons. That will be better than having to update the app and theme(s) every time another special case comes to light.
    Thanks for the update.

That doesn't seem to be the case with all of the ones showing up, though. BerryReader doesn't show up in MCI either, but it has an icon.

I agree that a generic icon at least gives the functionality of launching the app. It's better to have the option with a generic icon than no option at all.
    10-28-10 03:06 PM
    I know that you have been really busy and this app apparently didn't sell well for you (although I have NO idea why- it's not only one of my favorites, but it makes my other favorites more convenient), but I was wondering if you were still considering incorporating some of the things you mentioned in this thread in an update anytime soon (backup/restore, generic icon, etc)? MCI is one of my MUST HAVE apps and I am hoping it gets a little Christmas love.

Thanks! (BTW, I am planning on checking out Christmas countdown today.)
    12-06-10 08:09 AM
    Right now it's frozen, but if anyone wants to take over the entire app, I think I'm more interested in other things for the future. Originally I was going to make it into a more extensive launcher, what's published now is phase 1 of 3 in the original plan.

Looks like this was post #666 for me, maybe that's an omen. The baddest launcher, when it's completed?
    12-06-10 12:29 PM
    Right now it's frozen, but if anyone wants to take over the entire app, I think I'm more interested in other things for the future. Originally I was going to make it into a more extensive launcher, what's published now is phase 1 of 3 in the original plan.
    Ugh. That's what I was afraid of. I really wish I knew how to develop! It works great as-is, I was just hoping for the backup and generic icon capabilities. Hopefully someone out there realizes how sick of an app this is and picks it up! I can't imagine 2 more phases!

Thanks, for a great app LS.

BTW, I stumbled across Kamera Kicker today. I love it! I don't know how long it's been out there, but I am glad I found it!!
    12-06-10 04:22 PM
100 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD