After a few weeks of beta testing, the first release of Multi-Click Icons is now available in the CrackBerry store.

Multi-Click Icons let you organize regular icons into stacks of icons that you can click through.

For example, you can set all your browsers in one icon, so that clicking once brings up the BlackBerry browser, double-clicking brings up Bolt, and triple-clicking brings up Opera Mini.

The icon can be set to show your most-used browser for the single-click, or else the most-recently used browser, cycling to the most-frequently-used browser on the 2nd click.

Multi-Click Icons
    Last edited by LSphone; 06-14-10 at 02:23 AM. Reason: brevity
    06-09-10 09:03 AM
    Yea LSphone!!! It is out finally! Loved testing it for you!
    06-09-10 09:43 AM
    A neat way to clean up your home page or consolidate icons in folders.
    06-09-10 11:11 AM
    This really is a sweet app people
    Definitely worth the $2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-10 11:16 AM
    I have been helping test this for a while now and it's a GREAT app! Well worth the $2!
    06-09-10 02:08 PM
    has anyone gotten the coupon code to work that LSphone sent us? When I enter it, it gives me invalid code.
    06-10-10 05:27 PM
    thanks LS, I got it figured out, guess Im not as hip as some of the younger crowd, figured I could just get it off the computer and not the phone lol
    06-10-10 08:59 PM
    Dang...this is one fine app! I didn't pay much attention during its beta period, but once it was finalized I went ahead and gave it a try. Very nice! And for $2? Don't miss out on this one folks.
    06-10-10 09:51 PM
    Dang...this is one fine app! I didn't pay much attention during its beta period, but once it was finalized I went ahead and gave it a try. Very nice! And for $2? Don't miss out on this one folks.
    Same here. I got this and I can't believe how great it is. Worth every penny.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-12-10 10:48 AM
    You should get one of the people who blogs for the main page of CB to do a review of it. I'm sure there's a demand for this app, people probably just don't know about it yet.
    06-12-10 07:26 PM
    Ls, I have an issue. All of a sudden today my enhanced gmail plugin, which is what the app called my email, disappeared. Not only from the icon, but from the list in the app. Any ideas?
    06-12-10 10:09 PM
    An icon gets removed if its module has been deleted or the app couldn't be found in the module. Did you update that plugin, or maybe it self-updated?

But if the updated module still has an app with an icon, it should be listed, maybe under a different name.

Is the native icon still there?

edit: Unknown cause for this -- has only been reported for gmail plugin -- still being looked into.
    Last edited by LSphone; 06-14-10 at 02:27 AM.
    06-12-10 10:56 PM
    I didnt update anything, maybe self updated, not sure. I still have the native icon, I had to unhide it. I looked through the list, couldnt find it. Im baffled. My email is functioning just fine with the native icon.
    06-12-10 10:59 PM
    Thanks awesome n very convenient app!!!
    06-13-10 06:14 AM
    need help trying to set bbm ,sms,mms to icon 1 but doesn't show them in the list.thanx.
    06-13-10 06:30 AM
    need help trying to set bbm ,sms,mms to icon 1 but doesn't show them in the list.thanx.

Mine does the same thing, would be nice if they would show up in the list.
    06-13-10 06:47 AM
    Mine does the same thing, would be nice if they would show up in the list.
    I hope so that would be great!!Maybe in next update.
    06-13-10 07:37 AM
    For now, you could download "ComCut" which is now free. That adds icons to compose SMS, PIN message, Email, Task, Memo. Also there's a free LogCut icon to access the event log for Storm users who can't type Alt-LGLG to view it. All that will eventually be built-in to the multi-click icons but for now is free separately.

On BBM, it worked for me until I upgraded to the latest version, and then didn't work. Still looking into why.
    Last edited by LSphone; 06-14-10 at 08:57 AM.
    06-14-10 02:31 AM
    Did you get a chuckle when you saw me download this last night?

Daayumm!!!! I IMMEDIATELY found the benefits of this regarding app screen clutter. For my very first icon, I set it up for SocialScope, Ubertwitter, T4BB, and Vodafone Update. Bam. 3 free slots. Second icon went to entertainment like Podtrapper, Slacker, Player for YouTube, and iHeartRadio. Bam again another 3 slots. I cleaned up so good, and still have 2 icons to use for the future!

I have been busy testing other things at the moment but should have found time for this my friend. Very handy.

I understand from the threads that dynamic icons are a bit of a hassle. I can confirm the icons like the umlauts over Ubertwitter don't update, and the SocialScope or T4BB notification stars do not show, but I have alerts and the icon notification area for that. No problem. Poynt does not move, and MeterBerry is not even listed for also probably obvious reasons.

I would like support for the Bellshare forums launcher, and the new Bellshare app BerryReader. This would help my icon organization per category tremendously. The addition of the free "Daily Horoscope" app would be nice too, just so I can toss/hide it in one of the icons I have for silly stuff like that.

Will there ever be support for folders? I noticed that this was the only setting which was not beneficial for me. I use pretty much everything in the Media folder with some extra additions such as "files". In order to use a Multi-Click icon, I have to break everything up. I would like to be able to click on the "Media" folder, so it can open up everything in there for me to see. If not, no big deal, as I have a Media setting in QL, but I thought it would be cool for this.

What I thought was interesting was that your Sigcon app is not listed. Although it is a dynamic icon, it is your work, so I thought this would definitely be there? For those of us that have many of your apps, it would be nice to place things like Sigcon, Meters, etc. in a multiclick icon, and still have them update properly. Shouldn't this be possible?

Also regarding the differentiation between a Multi-Click icon and an original icon, can I recommend a simple eye catching identifyer, such as a red border hightlight focus (or customizable color to match personalized themes)? Most themes hightlight the focus with just a white border. I thought this may be good to implement without being too distracting for the many themes out there. #JustSayin". I personally would not like too much going on in my app icon. Right now, after setting one up, I just make sure I hide the original icons before I place yours there from my downloads folder.

I initially had 6 rows of icons, with many more of them still hidden. Now I have only 5 rows. Saving 24 slots! Well, really 18 slots I think, if you consider the first icon displayed in each Multi-Click icon. Great! Still have 2 remaining for future set up when I find the time. As stated I have them categorically set, so when I forget, I just go to that category, and click through them. It is becominng easier & easier to remember each time I pick up my device though. Very intuitive. ***Are the settings persistent? Has anyone tried to change themes with this? I obviously have not, as I don't want to set it up again if it doesn't work. Will there/can there be a backup & restore function added? Or, I would like a possible integration with DM to save the Multi-Click icon settings and placement along with the theme settings.***

Whew! I know it's a lot to hit you with at once, but what do you think?
    I am very excited about this! The city never sleeps!
    Brad.
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 07-11-10 at 08:10 AM. Reason: Spelling.. Typing to quickly...
    07-11-10 08:09 AM
    MadBrad;
    Multi click retains it's data across themes. It doesn't retain it when you wipe, and as of yet there's no backup (unless I missed that feature).
    Word-to-go is also not supported right now.
    Totally agree with you about it saving clutter on the homescreen. I got my homescreen so that all my icons fit on the visible rows thanks to this app

07-11-10 09:55 AM
    Nice to see people developing creative apps like this that are also low-cost

Has anyone used this on a Storm1? Does it lag? Does it even work with the touchscreen or just traditional keyboard berries?
    07-11-10 09:57 AM
    It was designed for the Storm; and it runs great on my 8330m, which has less memory than a storm 1 does, so you should be good there.
    I feel like a complete dork jumping back onto threads over and over curse you BlackBerry addiction and CrackBerry email notifications, you've destroyed my self image! =))

07-11-10 10:05 AM
    This was actually made mainly with the Storm in mind. I have a Storm, and wanted the 8 icons on the "true" homescreen to be able to launch all (or almost all) of the apps I normally use, so I don't have to go into Applications or through folders. I wanted to launch directly from the "true" homescreen, keeping that (and its notifications) visible more of the time.

There is a lot more that could be done with this, folders, dynamic icons, support for some of the apps that somehow don't appear in the list, and a few other ideas I won't give away. More was intended to be done, but after this took more development time than expected and then was very slow to start selling, additional work was suspended.

Now that it's starting to catch on, I do plan to upgrade it, but have a few other things to do first... unless something serious crops up or there's a simple solution to some problem.

Still don't know why BBM 5, Docs to Go, and a few others don't show up.
    07-11-10 11:30 AM
    Multi click retains it's data across themes. It doesn't retain it when you wipe, and as of yet there's no backup (unless I missed that feature).
    Word-to-go is also not supported right now.
    Thanks for the reply.

I read that the settings may be retained after changing themes, but I am glad to hear from someone who has actually tried it.
    I would like to have a backup feature of some sort after wiping or upgrading though.

I don't know about your specific device or DTG version, but in the latest paid version I have (v2.0004 (018)-where they have the desktop companion), the "Documents-to-Go Files" folder is present in the list. So, when you assign it, it will show where you can browse all of your files (whether synced from your PC, or just on the device itself), then create-edit-read/view and so on. Maybe you have an older, or free version where this is not possible? That is the only thing I could think of.

PDF to Go shows up for me as well.

Thanks again.
    Brad.
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 07-11-10 at 01:39 PM.
    07-11-10 01:33 PM
    Newest version of docs to go premium, but I only have word to go and pdf to go, I didn't use the other parts so I deleted the cods.

07-11-10 01:37 PM
100 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD