I'm a new blackberry owner and therefore am constantly scared that i'm doing something wrong. You'll probably hear a lot from me in the near future!

I've been reading a whole bunch of discussions on using msn messenger with your blackberry and it seems that everyone is saying to download something called jivetalk or this free software from wap3 something that you need to purchase IM for.

I have the Blackberry personal bundle: ATT (which is unlimited internet and unlimited messaging), and have two questions regarding msn:

1/ does the blackberry personal bundle come with unlimited IM as well? Can I use the wap3 free software without having any additional costs?

2/ i went onto msn.com on my blackberry and clicked on messenger and i can chat directly through there (without downloading anything), is this legit? Will I have to pay any additional costs? If it's so easy, then why does everyone want to download a software to do this?

Any help would be appreciated and as I'm not very tech vocab savy, please answer in the simplest way possible!

Thanks guys!
    02-15-08 01:37 PM
    yes it is, if you login to website your using internet unlimited. as for IM on ATT not sure but if like tmobile it is same as SMS
    02-15-08 01:59 PM
    I thought IM was data not sms...
    02-15-08 05:49 PM
    I thought IM was data not sms...
    Lol. Not on Verizon's Mobile IM. It uses SMS. At least there is JiveTalk, IM+, etc to use for data.
    02-16-08 02:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD