A couple of days ago, the option appeared on my phone to download Windows Live Messenger. So I did that OTA and it installed comfortably and runs without a hitch. However when I go to log on with the same details I use on my normal MSN, it interacts over the wi-fi or 3G when roaming before saying I have an "invalid address or password."

Not to be outdone, I tried an old MSN address and then my wife's, the same problem occurred.

This happens on my wife's Nokia N95 as well, but Vodafone UK do support MSN, since her colleagues can log-in fine on their Blackberry Bolds and N95's. Am I missing an APN on my TCP, or is something afoot here?

Any ideas?
    09-30-08 10:48 AM
    Make sure you have the right APN setting. That goes a long way towards fixing a lot of problems.

Then uninstall and reinstall- again you'd be surprised how often that fixes things.

Mine does this too occasionally...I just try again and it works.
    09-30-08 10:54 AM
    what APN settings go in that part then? I take it that the username and Password have to remain blank regardless?

Edit: No worries, ***** here still hasn't got used to the fact that you need to press the CAPS key and not Alt key to get a capital letter lol... I've been using a PC keyboard for too long. Oh well, I'm still an inexperienced Blackberry user, what can I say lol.
    Last edited by Saracen; 09-30-08 at 01:45 PM.
    09-30-08 11:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD