Hi everyone,

I've had the same mobile number since the beginning of time, only giving the # to people I know and a short list of vendors that I really need to contact me. I have never had an issue with "Unknown Number" calls until last week. 21 calls in 6 days. 22 including a call rec'd this morning.

The VZW rep I spoke with suggested I set up the Safeguards/Usage Controls for an additional $4.99 per month to block "Unknown Number" calls. I've decided to go the app route 1st since I don't want to pay anymore than I'm paying. I've narrowed my list to Mr. Number Call Block and Call Control Blacklist Lite. Which do you prefer or is there another you would suggest and why?

I'm looking forward to your feedback.
    11-15-10 01:03 PM
    Hi everyone,

I've had the same mobile number since the beginning of time, only giving the # to people I know and a short list of vendors that I really need to contact me. I have never had an issue with "Unknown Number" calls until last week. 21 calls in 6 days. 22 including a call rec'd this morning.

The VZW rep I spoke with suggested I set up the Safeguards/Usage Controls for an additional $4.99 per month to block "Unknown Number" calls. I've decided to go the app route 1st since I don't want to pay anymore than I'm paying. I've narrowed my list to Mr. Number Call Block and Call Control Blacklist Lite. Which do you prefer or is there another you would suggest and why?

I'm looking forward to your feedback.
    How about our BuzzOff app? it can block unknown/private and specific number.

CB Appstore http://software.crackberry.com/product.asp?id=57452
    11-15-10 01:07 PM
    I'm sorry to say I haven't used either but I do know that several months ago all phone numbers (including cell phones) were allowed to be released to public vendors and marketers, which meant that telemarketers, credit card companies etc were allowed access to you number to call. There was a place on a .gov site you could go to block your number from being released, but I can't find the e-mail for you(sorry). If you didn't do that, it's possible those are the calls you may be getting and I'm sure there may be someplace you could go to block it again.
    11-15-10 01:11 PM
    I've been using Mr number for a few weeks, works great for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-10 01:52 PM
    I use addonis. Paid app under $5.00 but free trial and it has several more features other than call blocking.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-10 03:42 PM
    ^ ditto for addonis
    11-15-10 07:36 PM
    I use Call Control Pro. Never a problem.
    11-15-10 08:19 PM
    I use call control, it works great and it has a whole community list of blocked #s that work great.
    11-18-10 09:53 AM
    I used to use Call Control, but with the OS 6 leak, it was getting horrible battery drain with it (can't complain about the program though. I got it for free.)

I just recently got Mr Number Pro (also for free, luckily!) so I got to try them out, and I like it much better! It does a better job at blocking the number, the UI is nicer, and it has other features (such as caller ID for numbers not in your phone). I haven't had any problems with memory/battery drain with it either. Between Mr Number Pro and Youmail (sending unwanted numbers to a "This number has been disconnected" recording, I've virtually eliminated all problems.
    11-18-10 01:00 PM
    when I use Mr. Number Calblock on my blackberry, the phone locks up and is inoperable, I have to physically take out the battery, any solution to this?
    02-08-12 09:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD