I have tried Beejive but it wasn't reliable. There were several messages that people would send but I would not receive. Does anyone know of a better alternative? I am trying out Trillion and IM+ Lite right now.
    07-20-10 07:52 AM
    I had no idea Beejive had issues with Fb chat. I'm doing the free trial right now and I was seriously considering buying the 14.99 multi use license. Never mind that.
    I've tried Trillian Fb chat but I'm not sure about the issue of not receiving messages. The only problem I have with Trillian is the battery drain. Given that it's still in beta, the release might be improved.
    07-20-10 08:34 AM
    I am using Beejive and I have no issues whatsoever.. Definately the best IM app out there Period...for me
    07-20-10 08:38 AM
    Well I didn't think I was having an issue with Beejive either but people kept asking why I wasn't responding to certain questions or statements. Then I went into the actual desktop facebook chat and it shows the full conversation you had with someone if you already had a chat window open with that person before exiting. I could look back where there were several messages the facebook server received but were never pushed to Beejive for me to see. Yeah Trillion works good so far but does drain battery. IM+ Lite seems to work okay so far but is very expensive for the non-add premium version.
    07-20-10 08:47 AM
    You don't need a client that has specific Facebook chat built in, all you need is a client that supports XMPP. Here's instructions on how to set it up:

Facebook Chat. Everywhere. | Facebook

Click on 'Other' in the middle for generic setup instructions
    07-20-10 09:55 AM
    I use palringo. It's free and in app world. Don't have any problems with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-10 04:35 PM
    glad you asked this question - I have still yet to find one - all the IMs for BB are either BETA or just flakey as **** when it comes to FB Chat

I havent used Beejive for a few updates so ill try that today hoping the battery drain isn't as bad on the 9700 as it was on the 9000

Trillian works well for multiple fb accounts but then throws up a "SOME INTERNAL ERROR" every time you set to background - so is useless

IM+ premium is good for the PUSH and just simply being signed in all the time but as you cannot group any contacts so its not practical -plus on their new update there is an annoying CHAT tab which constantly pops up when youre scrolling down which now makes IM+ redundant to me

So Im still searching for one but will take these good peoples advice and try the latest Beejive today
    07-22-10 09:55 AM
    I've tried them all. Everyone of them will miss at least one facebook message out of ten. That is not very good odds when you are trying to have a conversation. I guess I will just stick to the browser.
    07-22-10 10:44 AM
    I stopped using the built-in Facebook account option in BeeJive and have it set up to use the Jabber portal. So far, that has made it work without issue in BeeJive, plus contacts are sorted into categories (instead of having all FB fiends in one list).
    07-22-10 10:58 AM
    You don't need a client that has specific Facebook chat built in, all you need is a client that supports XMPP. Here's instructions on how to set it up:

Facebook Chat. Everywhere. | Facebook

Click on 'Other' in the middle for generic setup instructions
    What client would that be?
    07-22-10 11:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD