I thought I would ask since I'm sure somebody can recommend a good app. I've got a 8703e with verizon and I want to get a money application to track my spending and keep track of bills. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-08 10:15 PM
    I thought I would ask since I'm sure somebody can recommend a good app. I've got a 8703e with verizon and I want to get a money application to track my spending and keep track of bills. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help!

When I had my Treo, I was using SplashMoney and I loved it so much that it was preventing me from switching to a Blackberry. THEN, they came out with the Blackberry version and I switched over immediately. I absolutely LOVE this program and base my current phone selection around it

It has OTA sync to0, IF you have a supported bank. So it will actually 'Go Online' and download all your transaction, etc. You can manually enter your spending as well.

There is a free 30 day trial... give it a shot and see what you think...

SplashMoney - Personal Finance Manager for BlackBerry

There are others out there, but I've never used them. I think a couple are:

PocketQuicken
    Ascendo (not sure I spelled that right) Money

-Grand
    Last edited by grandmastem; 09-14-08 at 07:54 PM.
    09-14-08 07:52 PM
    When I had my Treo, I was using SplashMoney and I loved it so much that it was preventing me from switching to a Blackberry. THEN, they came out with the Blackberry version and I switched over immediately. I absolutely LOVE this program and base my current phone selection around it

It has OTA sync to0, IF you have a supported bank. So it will actually 'Go Online' and download all your transaction, etc. You can manually enter your spending as well.

There is a free 30 day trial... give it a shot and see what you think...

SplashMoney - Personal Finance Manager for BlackBerry

There are others out there, but I've never used them. I think a couple are:

PocketQuicken
    Ascendo (not sure I spelled that right) Money

-Grand
    Thanks so much! I love the irony of buying application to practice good fiscal practices
    09-14-08 08:22 PM
    SplashMoney was a fantastic program, though I have heard some bad talk about the BB port. I was sold on them from my Palm days, and I have not yet made a decision.

Ascendo Money is another great option. I would sample both.

If you are really handy, and make your own databases, you might want to drop your money on HanDBase. This software is another gem from my palm days that I rediscovered. It comes with a free Checkbook db, and you can design your own stuff from scratch. It comes with a desktop companion as well. There are also tons of free financial plug-ins as well.
    09-14-08 08:56 PM
    Splashmoney

09-14-08 09:18 PM
    Ascendo Money is definitely an application for those who are serious about managing money either personally or for a business. Ascendo Money is so intricate and has so many capabilities above the standard balancing accounts. You can graph spending habits, get information directly from your bank, split purchases, amongst other helpful features. I highly recommend this over Splash Money, primarily because it goes a few steps beyond Splash Money and the interface is far better... in my opinion
    03-26-09 06:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD