40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mobihand (Or CB store)

36 90.00%
  • Handango

3 7.50%
  • Other (Please Specify)

1 2.50%
    Which do you prefer?And why?

I prefer Mobihand, none of the Download Protection BS. But... you dont get reward points.
    07-23-09 04:01 PM
    Which do you prefer?And why?

I prefer Mobihand, none of the Download Protection BS. But... you dont get reward points.
    Mobihand (or Crackberry App Store). I bought a lot from Handango when I had a Dash but you have to pay extra
    (Download protection) if you want or need to re-download anything you already purchased. I will never buy from
    Handango anymore because of that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 10:05 PM
    mobihand all the way. bought all my apps from them.
    07-23-09 10:06 PM
    I purchased a majority of my apps from the mobihand (cb app store). I like all of the sales and discounts they offer.

07-23-09 10:22 PM
    I buy almost exclusively from Mobihand. Yep, the main reason is that Handango charges you to access your purchases. That's insane.

As far as "reward points", you have to buy so much...before you even get close to getting a "reward". I sometimes get sucked in by their "Wait! Don't go! 20% off! popups, as I'm exiting the site.
    07-23-09 10:58 PM
    No need to get sucked in. Take a look at the emails u get from mobihand when u order. They always have a 20% coupon on the bottom

07-23-09 11:02 PM
    Mobihand..Best deals and easy access to re-download. ( No need to buy protection -like handango)

07-23-09 11:07 PM
    When I see threads like this, I always wonder if the devs read forums like CB. Hey Handango, you just got your @$$es Mobihanded to you.

Marc from Pandora comes here and explains points of confusion to users and passes their ideas along to the dev team. What do you know? They seem to keep a positive public image, and their recent update was a huge milestone.

Henrik from BellShare popped in a few times, and a month later, BerryWeather had all the features anyone on CB thought were missing. The app improves and people here have almost nothing but good stuff to say about it.

Mathias posts on CB and everyone raves about BBFileScout like there's no tomorrow. It's an awesome app and a friendly and dedicated presence of its dev in these forums compelled me to donate for it... Twice.

Sometimes it seems like the Poynt team has given more info about their product here on CB than on their own site, and it's in the must-have list of practically every user in the app threads.

Sure, these things COULD all be coincidences, but to me it seems like good business to mingle with your end users. Show a bit of dedication and demonstrate your desire to offer a good thing to the BB community. Do some public tech support to clear up any little issues that might cause users to get frustrated with your app and bash it here for millions of potential other users to read about. Get people excited for updates, assure them you're taking their thoughts into consideration. Gage the public reaction to a decision like charging extra to protect downloads or offering an invite only service and then letting people cut in the waiting list line.

Tons of devs use CB as their source for beta testers, and largely their apps seem to succeed.

Reading CB and other similar forums seems like a no-brainer. What a valuable feedback tool, and what a remarkable vehicle for cultivating a positive public perception of your product and brand!

Last edited by digitalb0y; 07-24-09 at 02:53 AM.
    07-24-09 02:49 AM
    Mobihand or Crackberry hands down better than Handango. You can buy the same products from either but if you ever need to re-download any of your purchases, Handango costs you more. If you ever want to do a clean wipe of your handheld cause you don't know what software is messing up your smartphone, your purchases are held "hostage" by Handango until you pay them more to release it.
    07-24-09 01:52 PM
    Chalk up another vote for Mobihand.
    07-24-09 02:23 PM
    Mobihand (or Crackberry App Store). I bought a lot from Handango when I had a Dash but you have to pay extra
    (Download protection) if you want or need to re-download anything you already purchased. I will never buy from
    Handango anymore because of that.

+1

Purchased software. A few days later an upgrade was offered by the programmer. I would have had to have paid again!!!! Never again - Handango.
    07-24-09 06:57 PM
    Mobihand absolutely !!!! already learned the lesson with the Handango Buyers Protection BS..........it results ridiculous that you cannot re-download a product which was paid for already !!!! BYE BYE ...
    07-24-09 08:14 PM
    anything is better than appworld, I think everyone can agree on that.

from what I've seen, handango isn't that far from appworld with their bs.
    07-25-09 12:07 AM
    any apps that i didnt buy direct from the dev have all been brought through the Crackberry appstore.
    07-26-09 07:57 AM
    Mobihand for sure. Handango's support S U C K S! I have sent 3 e-mails to them 2 weeks ago and have followed up - not 1 darn reply from them. And - go ahead and try to find a phone number for them. The phone numbers they did have are all disconnected. What BS they are.

I will NEVER purchase anything from them again!
    08-04-09 02:11 PM
    Mobihand

Bought 2 apps from Handango and yet to hear back on 1 that they gave me a bum activation key for. That was a week ago. 1st app I bought wasnt at all what was described on the product page. I ended up canceling the charge off my card and finally 3 weeks later they offered, not a refund, but a chance to pick another app.
    08-04-09 02:35 PM
    Mobihand. I've never used Handango but having to pay to redownload apps that you've already payed for is BS. I've had to download StudentDocket 2 times for 2 different devices than the one I originally had it on. I would have been pissed if I would have had to pay just to redownload the apps that I pay for.
    08-04-09 03:22 PM
    I don;t buy from Handango after I wrote an review (it was a negative review for an app which didn;t do what it supposed to do) and they never published it. I would've understood if it was edited but they turn a blind eye on it although I was tell the truth -I had that app for years on Symbian it worked great, but not on BB. I emailed them to ask them about it and they -surprise-never replied. So they won't see my money ever.
    08-05-09 05:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD