I realize this is for a WinMo device, but I was wondering if someone could make a sloppy version for BB.

From what I understand it is just a browser redesigned to bring you to the Sprint PicMail page and it allows you to send MMS "from the internet...from your phone" if that makes sense.

I would gladly pay for somebody to try and develop this application, as I am sure many others would also.

**I was not able to post a link as I do not have 10 points yet. If somebody would PM me so they could post the link or simply search sMMS on google or yahoo. The website it is hosted on is ppcgeeks.

-K
    08-17-08 05:43 PM
    **I was not able to post a link as I do not have 10 points yet. If somebody would PM me so they could post the link or simply search sMMS on google or yahoo. The website it is hosted on is ppcgeeks.

-K
    He is referring to this...

sMMS Picture Mail Composer - PPCGeeks
    08-17-08 06:35 PM
    Yes, that is it.
    08-17-08 06:50 PM
    Bump.

I think it is something that deserves to be read.
    08-19-08 03:41 PM
    I'm not sure if this is still the case, that is one of the reasons I left sprint for vzw. While the sMMS is a great application and worked wonderfully on my Moto Q. I spoke with several people that work for sprint (a couple of friends mostly) who said that it wouldn't work with a berry. Since sprint doesn't use actual MMS, they use the picturemail web-site. When you switch to a blackberry sprint, removes your picturemail account since blackberry and the server they use are not compatable.

That has been several months ago, and it's very easy that it could have changed, but after years of it being this way I doubt it.
    08-20-08 04:49 PM
    I was just informed by the creator of sMMS that RIM plans on releasing a version of something like sMMS to BB.

I am not sure how reliable that is, but I figured it was worth sharing.
    08-21-08 07:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD